Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Two of them were trailer tires with reduced speed.rating. and I wanted all 5 tires the same.

Bill
Interesting... Never had a trailer. So, while I knew they made different tires for trailers, I never gave much thought to why. There are reasons not to swap either way. Just did a little quick google read... While most people know the trailer tire is not speed rated for a car (but seam to forget that when pulling a trailer) They also don't have as good of tread for both wear and traction. Going the other direction- car tires don't have the heavy sidewall that trailer tires do. This is to reduce sway.

Had Mad Santa down yesterday. Think he is finally going to start putting the Cuda body panels on for me. Tell you what I don't ever want to do inner and outer rockers myself.

nOT LOOKING FOWARD TO THAT ONE AMAZON SEEMS TO HAVE A DECENT ASSORTMENT THOUGH
Even 14s are very limited and soon 15 won't be much better. Newer cars are almost all 17+
That sounds too cheep. I was just looking up my small front tires for the lawn tractor at about $30 each.

Interesting... Never had a trailer. So, while I knew they made different tires for trailers, I never gave much thought to why. There are reasons not to swap either way. Just did a little quick google read... While most people know the trailer tire is not speed rated for a car (but seam to forget that when pulling a trailer) They also don't have as good of tread for both wear and traction. Going the other direction- car tires don't have the heavy sidewall that trailer tires do. This is to reduce sway.

I am not selling my old tires for a car, unless someone wants them for that, could be someone has a long term restoration and just want tires on to be able to roll the car and then buy fresh new tires when the restoration is over.

I'll

Good morning Coffee mob, I am not man enough to back read the million pages put up since I was last on here. Two week story condensed to one paragraph my wife’s father passed unexpectedly. We had a mad scramble to get to airport fly out to Oregon and deal with the aftermath. He was Mormon and I cannot begin to tell you how complex the death ritual was. I was amazed at both the complexity of it and the support the church followers gave to our family. While I am not a supporter of that faith there is no question in my mind that they are genuine and walk what they talk. Just a great bunch of people. My sincere thanks to many on here that reached out and expressed support and understanding. Special props to Zman for the “comms check” and ensuing sitrep relay. I just got home late last night, wife will get in later this afternoon. Just a quick note of thanks to all of you, more later.
SLO/SublimeOne/John

Well, good morning by the way, I forgot that.

Foggy and 43 ouside.

Bill

IMG_20191014_073248616_HDR.jpg

Morning all. Back at my Grandmothers in Tomball, about to head down near the Astrodome to pick up 300lbs of green coffee. Then headed back home.

So the Journey horn saga continues... Just did some checks. The beeping last night was definitely the alarm. Slow er steady beep. Not the faster steady Panic or the irregular beep it did a month ago before the TIPM reset. But, just a few minutes ago it did the irregular thing twice for a couple seconds each. So, I guess my reset was only a temporary fix. I did confirm that everything works as it should when triggered. Panic from key fob, horn when pressed and alarm arms and triggers when door opened from inside. I could not get it to trigger by pulling handle or rocking the car. Not sure at what point it should go off. So, for now the horn fuses are pulled again till I can figure out the next step. I need to confirm if all the horn functions are controlled within the TIPM. Maybe disconnect the horn switch (or better yet, the input after the clock spring to completely eliminate that circuit )and see if it still goes off....

I have to find the right oil pan to ship to cudachick to powdercoat for my sons car. Looking at new ones that are unpainted but fun finding a company that will ship to an alternate address.

Good morning Coffee mob, I am not man enough to back read the million pages put up since I was last on here. Two week story condensed to one paragraph my wife’s father passed unexpectedly. We had a mad scramble to get to airport fly out to Oregon and deal with the aftermath. He was Mormon and I cannot begin to tell you how complex the death ritual was. I was amazed at both the complexity of it and the support the church followers gave to our family. While I am not a supporter of that faith there is no question in my mind that they are genuine and walk what they talk. Just a great bunch of people. My sincere thanks to many on here that reached out and expressed support and understanding. Special props to Zman for the “comms check” and ensuing sitrep relay. I just got home late last night, wife will get in later this afternoon. Just a quick note of thanks to all of you, more later.
SLO/SublimeOne/John
Sorry to hear, but glad you guys are getting back to the regular grind.

SLO/SublimeOne/John

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Bill

My dad sometimes tells about the time he did just that, drove off the road in the north of Sweden and packed the engine compartment full of snow! Glad to see there's some truth to the story! :D

Yes, if you drive off the road in deep snow it fills up up to the hood. When I opened the hood, everything was white, and the outlining from the hood could be seen in the snow. Had to dig out absolutely everything, air cleaner was invisible too. It is amazing how powder snow get packed when you go outside the road like that. No telephones back then with a camera, or I would have let you see.

If you go to my restoration thread you can see how the new tires look, and on page 1 you can see how it looked with the trailer tires in front.

My second 1965 Dodge Dart.

Bill

13" tires are not easy to find. Shame the ones on the Cuda are like new but 20 years old!

I even found studded winter tires in 175/80R13, but not in this country. It is more of them in Europe, more smaller cars there. Or was in the old days. Now it is a different matter. Even the Mini Cooper has big tires these days. It is ridiculous, and wide tires are horrid in snow no matter what car it is, and even more horrid with 1-2+ inches of wet sleet on the road.

Bill

I even found studded winter tires in 175/80R13, but not in this country. It is more of them in Europe, more smaller cars there. Or was in the old days. Now it is a different matter. Even the Mini Cooper has big tires these days. It is ridiculous, and wide tires are horrid in snow no matter what car it is, and even more horrid with 1-2+ inches of wet sleet on the road.

Bill
I had some skinny tall 14's (like F 78's) on the back of my 69 Road Runner back in the day. Man they could go through the snow. I had it jacked up too. Even better.

No, I need one single 13x4.5 inch for my 65 Dart sparetire. The rim I have is 6.5 I think so it is like sticking up 2 inch extra in the trunk.
I plan to go to a nearby junk yard and find it.

Bill

Small bolt pattern? I have one.

I had some skinny tall 14's (like F 78's) on the back of my 69 Road Runner back in the day. Man they could go through the snow. I had it jacked up too. Even better.

Yes, for snow the narrower the better. But todays tire guys have forgotten about that, now you'll feel lucky if you go with a Dart to have a front end alignment done and you are not sent back home because they can not find information about how to adjust rear end caster and camber.
A lot of todays stuff are just for looks, not for being functional or practical.

Bill

That looks like one of those neighborhoods out of Dragnet or ADAM12 or one of those other cool shows. lol

:D Oh how I wish. With Fridee and Bill Gannon, and the Fairlane. We have them on CD. June and I are currently going to sleep to Andy Griffith. Maybe we should swap to Dragnet.
I think badge number 714 is still not used in LA, after Jack Webb passed.

Bill

-
Back