Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Customer’s son took it upon himself to dismantle the mid 80’s steering column in the 39 dodge.
Nothing works. Signals,hazards dimmer. Horn. Tilt works.
After i suggested its something you need patience for. I was going to fix it,for next to nothing, now i need to replace the switch, he broke it.

Good Morning folks, anyone have a part# or application for a longer rear brake hose when using super stock springs?
Jack the car up off the frame where the rear end hangs down. If the hose is pulled tight you need a longer brake hose. Better to have a little longer hose than too short. (que Karl) :rofl:

Good Morning folks, anyone have a part# or application for a longer rear brake hose when using super stock springs?
When I was in the Parts business, back when we had catalogs, I could look in the pictorial section of the Bendix Book and find longer hoses with the same end configurations of the original hoses..... I did keep a lot of those books when I sold out to Carquest.....

When I was in the Parts business, back when we had catalogs, I could look in the pictorial section of the Bendix Book and find longer hoses with the same end configurations of the original hoses..... I did keep a lot of those books when I sold out to Carquest.....
Damn near impossible to do on the computer. Catalogs were great for that. I have a NAPA store close. They kept the old catalogs. Smart guys!

I called the Right Stuff and had them custom make one with a longer hose for my son's Valiant when we swapped the axle in it...

Breakfast this morning. Ham, Cheese,and Egg on English Muffins. Homemade of course.:thumbsup:
IMG_20200825_084951.jpg

I’ll probably pull it and head to Napa and get one of the old guys to match it up. It’s definitely tight when it’s hanging.
Shouldnt be an issue, if you have the right guy on the counter. He will have a longer hose for you.
3/16 inverted in and out,just the part that goes through top bracket, will need to match.
or drop upper bracket 1”.
A hose from same year pickup may work too,might be too long.

Customer with steering column problem, lost his wife 6 weeks ago, and just put his lab down on sunday. I really feel bad for the guy, we trade work from time to time, he’s a plumber.
Think he’s getting a deal today.

morning. Hopefully today is a better day than yesterday. Yesterday was a day to forget, nothing went right, lots of drama, lots of screw ups. i think i finally did about a dozen shots, i lost count but the bottle is half empty today, and fell asleep
I only needed one shot- Nyquil.
Good Morning

morning. Hopefully today is a better day than yesterday. Yesterday was a day to forget, nothing went right, lots of drama, lots of screw ups. i think i finally did about a dozen shots, i lost count but the bottle is half empty today, and fell asleep

A bad day...

Bad Day.jpg

-
Back