Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You was doin just fine til the wheel fell off!
“Ya picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel”
It was on our new(used) grain auger. 253 miles hauling this *****

E1055FD6-819F-4265-9639-BED7CED8AEA0.jpeg

You should do like I do and grease the bearings before a trip. Especially a long trip.....Take the time and not have problems....
We did. That’s the annoying thing. We even swapped brand new tires onto the rims and installed new lug studs and nuts

You should do like I do and grease the bearings before a trip. Especially a long trip.....Take the time and not have problems....
Should of taken a pic but I didn’t. Bearing cone was the only thing left. The rollers and stuff all ate themselves. But what is striking is normally when this happens, there’s heat scoring, spindle had none. Nor did the inside of the bearing race.

Should of taken a pic but I didn’t. Bearing cone was the only thing left. The rollers and stuff all ate themselves. But what is striking is normally when this happens, there’s heat scoring, spindle had none. Nor did the inside of the bearing race.
Then bearing design was not up to long travel......

Then bearing design was not up to long travel......
I don’t know. The bearing used when we cross referenced the part number on it at the store came back to a ford truck front hub bearing.

the auger itself is rated for 55 mph, but we kept it at 45 and below just because of how rough Indiana roads are. I’m actually wondering if it just didn’t beat itself to death due to the rough roads. That thing has zero suspension and probably weighs 5-6 tons.

-
Back