Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
May make a jaunt to Ohio to pickup some Scout sheetmetal while I'm cruising.. It could happen.

You can take I-80 across Illinois and I'm a little before you get to the border of Indiana... I'm 22 miles from the IL/IN border....

Ramie just sparked a road trip plan for me. Gonna find a few days soon to make the 'Ben meets FABO' power tour.. Need to pick up parts at Ramie's. Maybe I can figure out how to catch some of you guys along way. Shake a few hands. Have a few beverages.. Thinking who all is in the general vicinity..

@toolmanmike @Sublime one @Tooljunkie @krazykuda

Who else am I missing?
The rest...

If you go that far isnt Chris somewhere around there as well?
I’m about 3-3.5 hours south of Karl.

He's about 2 1/2 to 3 hours from me... I'm about 2 1/2 hours from Indy.... I think Chris is about 20 minutes south of Indy...
close. I’m 45 minutes south of indy

OMG, Chris is in the middle of no where. Takes about an hour of turns on narrow *** roads in corn fields to get to his place.....I had my car trailer with OMR's car on it, and I told Wolfie, sure would not want to be learning how to pull a trailer on those roads......End up in a ditch for sure.....
psh. I learned on those roads. Knock on wood, haven’t put it in the ditch yet.

I guarantee no narrow roads near me... :steering:
no, just gang bangers with ghost guns haha

So Chris lives in BFE....
a bit farther

No, you have to go a bit further then BFE to get to his place.......:rofl:
yep, now you see why I put la la land.

But to fair, if that exit off 65 wasn’t closed for construction, you had 3 turns and 5 minutes of country roads to my place. Literally just on the other side of the hill. That being closed really screwed things up. And you did it in the dark and fog

I can get to my house with only 4 turns off the highway....
It’s only 3 turns for me. Problem is the exit ramp at 65 got closed for construction. It’s a nightmare now. So poor tim and wolfie has to come in from the exit north of me I believe and weave thru the back roads.

It’s only 3 turns for me. Problem is the exit ramp at 65 got closed for construction. It’s a nightmare now. So poor tim and wolfie has to come in from the exit north of me I believe and weave thru the back roads.

I'm only 34 miles from I-65 where it meets I-80/I-294...

We used to hang out in Crown Point/Merrilleville.... We just took I-65 down there to Rt-30....

Good ol country roads, learned on those myself and those dirt roads where our freeways! The faster you went the less you felt the washboard
Well it could have been worse. Where I’m at, still has several roads that are dirt and gravel. I have seen the GPS try to take people that way and it end badly. Semis especially get into trouble.

one of them roads is haunted too. Weird things happen to vehicles out there. Night or day, don’t matter. Had a friend get killed on that road. Brakes failed on a 7 month old car, line blew out as he was approaching the 90 degree twin curves, rolled, got knocked out and ended up upside down and drowned in the ditch

I'm only 34 miles from I-65 where it meets I-80/I-294...

We used to hang out in Crown Point/Merrilleville.... We just took I-65 down there to Rt-30....
****, I wasn’t far from you then last Thursday. That’s right where that big grain auger we hauled back home came from. 3 miles east of the 65/30 interchange

Good ol country roads, learned on those myself and those dirt roads where our freeways! The faster you went the less you felt the washboard
Out here, if you see a Sheriff deputy, usually someone has died or severely hurt. Otherwise we’ll go a year or more before seeing a deputy come thru. They don’t like the terrain.

Well it could have been worse. Where I’m at, still has several roads that are dirt and gravel. I have seen the GPS try to take people that way and it end badly. Semis especially get into trouble.

one of them roads is haunted too. Weird things happen to vehicles out there. Night or day, don’t matter. Had a friend get killed on that road. Brakes failed on a 7 month old car, line blew out as he was approaching the 90 degree twin curves, rolled, got knocked out and ended up upside down and drowned in the ditch
Well thats kind of creepy! We didnt have anything like that where I grew up...

I can see/hear the highway from my house.
Some clown runnin through the gears on his street bike, pitch black out, deer and bears all over the place. And farmers leaving 5 gallon pail sized soil samples everywhere. I have no sympathy for the idiot bikers when they crash.

Somehow I believe this... Lots of fog.....and dark......

Well thats kind of creepy! We didnt have anything like that where I grew up...
Ill try and Get pictures of the road at dusk tomorrow. If you have ever seen the legend of sleepy hollow movies or cartoon, i swear they used this road as the basis for that legend. It cuts thru the bottoms and the woods. Very very thick tree cover, and goes down between the hills.

back in the mid 1860s, there was an old mill there. They ran slaves and had a big two story slave house right off that road. According to county historical society, the owner locked all his slaves in that house and burnt it down when the Emancipation proclamation was issued that freed the slaves. The county sheriff would end up hanging that guy after trial found him guilty of mass murder.

then, just down the road from us on the other side of the hill by the interstate is where the first ever train robbery in the United States, and world for that matter, took place by the infamous Reno gang.

to the west of us about two miles is the farthest known confederate camp during the civil war and General Sherman’s campaign into Indiana.

A lot of semi drivers flat out ignore the giant, reflective signs that say no trucks. The weight limit on our bridges is less than 10 tons. It’s a wonder none have collapsed yet

Ramie just sparked a road trip plan for me. Gonna find a few days soon to make the 'Ben meets FABO' power tour.. Need to pick up parts at Ramie's. Maybe I can figure out how to catch some of you guys along way. Shake a few hands. Have a few beverages.. Thinking who all is in the general vicinity..

@toolmanmike @Sublime one @Tooljunkie @krazykuda

Who else am I missing?
What route are you taking north?

A lot of semi drivers flat out ignore the giant, reflective signs that say no trucks. The weight limit on our bridges is less than 10 tons. It’s a wonder none have collapsed yet
My truck, with car trailer, with the monte on it, truck loaded with all that weight, bet it was close to 10 tons......

-
Back