Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning Hoppy. What's on the agenda today?
Been Dickin around with this headliner in the GTS for a few days, Checking bows , in and out of the car three times to check. Trimmed excess material, etc. Talked to Dave twice, watched numerous video's. Today, I'm gonna grab my doodads and get in there and stretch it and glue it...So there ya go.. Karl...plenty o meat on that bone.......:lol:

Been Dickin around with this headliner in the GTS for a few days, Checking bows , in and out of the car three times to check. Trimmed excess material, etc. Talked to Dave twice, watched numerous video's. Today, I'm gonna grab my doodads and get in there and stretch it and glue it...So there ya go.. Karl...plenty o meat on that bone.......:lol:
Get it done Mitch! I know my limits. A headliner would be something I would not try myself. Make the call..............write the check.

Here are the post wash pics.

20201010_082244.jpg

20201010_082257.jpg

20201010_082303.jpg

Same aerosol contact adhesive you use to glue down a Vinyl Top. Basically it is 3M yellow weatherstrip adhesive in a spray bomb. You spray both surfaces for it to adhere properly. Must use sparingly on the headliner, only around the outside edges. Same on the vehicle, only near the edges. To much Glue = Boo boo.....

Never knew that. I do know the bows are color coded for the proper spots. Thanks.

Never knew that. I do know the bows are color coded for the proper spots. Thanks.
Oh yeahh??? Well try to find info on the colors and which one goes where. You are supposed to mark and number them when removed from the old headliner. Of course George did this.....But he had me confused for a few minutes. He had them marked 1,2.4,5,6...I'm like Where TF is #3 ??? Then I realized after further research that there are only 5 bows on a 68 Dart Hardtop....:rofl:

Do headliners get glued? I have no idea.

Same aerosol contact adhesive you use to glue down a Vinyl Top. Basically it is 3M yellow weatherstrip adhesive in a spray bomb. You spray both surfaces for it to adhere properly. Must use sparingly on the headliner, only around the outside edges. Same on the vehicle, only near the edges. To much Glue = Boo boo.....

Was a cold morning. Decided to fire up pellet stove. So outside work is off until about now. Decided to start picking away at wiring.instead of buying sockets i opted to go pull the light harness out of a parts truck. Just cleaning it up and pulling unnecessary wires out. This will suit my need just fine.

2E4C42A2-9081-4586-98C9-A6423D57DCF3.jpeg

Good thing the neighbor took the oak tree down. It was hollow inside. We have lived here 30 years and never noticed any bolts but it had been bolted together previously. Probably 50 years ago or so.

Good thing the neighbor took the oak tree down. It was hollow inside. We have lived here 30 years and never noticed any bolts but it had been bolted together previously. Probably 50 years ago or so.

20201010_141631.jpg

20201010_135938.jpg

20201010_135420.jpg

20201010_135250.jpg

-
Back