Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Halifax that is an awesome bird that you got to crew on. Did not see any on my last trip over the pond. Mostly close air support 58D helo they fit in the tight little canyons/valleys we where in.

Ok gang, I have to go to the bank and then the swap meet. Hopefully will catch tmm and some other members there.

I'll be in a black and red plaid hoodie with a gray hood and a huge tear in the back (Don't ask)...

I'm off like a prom dress....

He will add it to the actual if he is British!
:blob::blob::blob: LMAO ! :D

Ok gang, I have to go to the bank and then the swap meet. Hopefully will catch tmm and some other members there.

I'll be in a black and red plaid hoodie with a gray hood and a huge tear in the back (Don't ask)...

I'm off like a prom dress....
Enjoy your day :cheers:

Car is kicking my butt! Tore the whole front suspension off. Gotta finish cleaning up inside fenders some. Then put back together. I'm not old but my body is older than me.

Halifax that is an awesome bird that you got to crew on. Did not see any on my last trip over the pond. Mostly close air support 58D helo they fit in the tight little canyons/valleys we where in.

I have been around mostly rescue birds, C-130 h, n, p e,, ec and also ec-130J. I hated the J model all computer and ran by windows believe it or not. and also a lot of hh60(m)g's.
Avionics tech

Morning all trying to post this morning is a problem. For some reason I seem to be all Thumbs since I woke up.

I called you guys advanced spark chasers. Was around UH60 and CH47 a lot. Alright gotta drink this last cup down and get some more knocked out on the car. This nice weather is not gonna last. Summer and 100* days will be here soon.

Good morning, good to see the humor and stories here. The restaurant is closed Sun's-Mon's...looking for something fun to do these next rainy days. Yesterday was the small monthly car show at the "village" on the island. That '68 Fury convertible 383 4-speed was there again, it's all original except for the TTI exhaust and electronic ignition. It attracted a lot more attention than the few Porsches and Corvettes that were there.

As much as I like living out here, no place is perfect...we have "No See'um's" this time of year, they went to town on my head yesterday.

Morning from the West Coast! Yesterday, all yard work and more today. I need a couple baloon tires, just some 15" skins to mount on my LBP 15" wheels to turn my BC back into a roller so I can get it out to clean the shop. No tire shop can legally mount bald tires and I am not ready to buy new ones so we will see how this plays out. Still have a couple months of intense work so by the end I should have it solved. On my 2nd cup, gotta arrange my Halibut/Ling Cod/Razor Clam trip today. Best to all-------DR:coffee2:

Morning all!! We all slept in after a long 4-H session last night! Nellas saddle is still broken so we just went to help out and support our troop!! I did barter for this while I was there though!! Traded an over the range microwave oven for it!! Been sitting for 2 years since they got a new one, but a little gas, a fresh battery, and a little under the hood fire and it started right up! Just gotta bring it home now!!

Enjoy your day all!! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 76
Cool !! Is this your only 4 wheel drive Geof ? If it is, I say now you have a way to get out and pull some chebbies out of the snow now :glasses7: and make a trip to the store safe in the bad winter storms :glasses7: Congratulations on a super trade :cheers:

Morning all!! We all slept in after a long 4-H session last night! Nellas saddle is still broken so we just went to help out and support our troop!! I did barter for this while I was there though!! Traded an over the range microwave oven for it!! Been sitting for 2 years since they got a new one, but a little gas, a fresh battery, and a little under the hood fire and it started right up! Just gotta bring it home now!!

Enjoy your day all!! Geof

That's a great deal. :glasses7:

Hey Ray, hops - Ray (not old man Ray).

I found a cool small vacuum gauge at the swap meet.

It's an old Sun gauge from the 60's, brand new in the box including the instructions. I have some pictures that I'm downloading to post for you. Check back in 20-30 min...

Hey Ray, hops - Ray (not old man Ray).

I found a cool small vacuum gauge at the swap meet.

It's an old Sun gauge from the 60's, brand new in the box including the instructions. I have some pictures that I'm downloading to post for you. Check back in 20-30 min...

Hay !! what about me :banghead: I guess it's an Arkansas thing or something :glasses7:

The face is about 3", the back is about 2 3/4", and it has a 270° sweep (more accurate than 90°). I'm not sure if it is lighted or not, but there is a hole in the back that looks like a light can go in it, but there is no light in the package...

It's an old Sun gauge made here in Chicago. I bet my uncle knows exactly where that was, as he's from that area...

If you don't want it, that's fine, I'll keep it for myself. But you requested it, that's part of the reason that I bought it. (a little more than you said, but reasonable price). I bet this is better quality and will last longer than a new one made today (from China)...

View attachment Vac Gauge D02 B.jpg

View attachment Vac Gauge D04 B.jpg

View attachment Vac Gauge D06 B.jpg

View attachment Vac Gauge D08 B.jpg

View attachment Vac Gauge D10 B.jpg

View attachment Vac Gauge D13 B.jpg

View attachment Vac Gauge D15 B.jpg

Hay !! what about me :banghead: I guess it's an Arkansas thing or something :glasses7:

You're chopped liver.... LOL!!! :D

Ok, I'll call you Ray now too...

But I won't call you Johnson...

[ame]https://youtu.be/qoYsfbq3vMc[/ame]

But then how are we going to tell you "Rays" apart? (halifaxhops - Ray, Old Man Ray, and now memike - Ray)... :???:

And I did live in Ar-kan-sas for 9 months once.... #-o

halifax Ray asked me to look for a 2" diameter vacuum gauge earlier today when I mentioned that I was going to a swap meet. So a guy had some cool old tachometers and this one vacuum gauge. He even had two "black box" looking things to hook the tach up with. I can't remember the exact name that he called them... maybe transformers. These tachometers were from the 60's where they didn't directly hook up to the coil, but you had to hook up the electrical connections to this transformer and then the transformer to the tach...

He bought them from a guy who closed an old speed shop.

It was the only thing worth while at the swap meet... This was the one that was rescheduled from March because there was too much snow and not enough room, so the turnout was smaller than it would have been if it was on the original day....

One guy had a 4 speed set-up that he claimed was from a 68 Hemi Barracuda or Dart asking $7500 for used dirty pieces that needed a good clean up and inspection...

One guy had some Chevy 454 stuff... At a Mopar meet??? Why??? Of course people were just walking by him....

About 40 swap spaces cramped into a medium dealership garage....

And when I called Toolmanmike, he was already on his way home. We probably passed each other in the meet, but didn't know what we looked like. I should have called him when I first got there, instead of trying to look for FABO shirts....

That will work great. Let me know when you get home or tomorrow and I will shoot you a paypal, Thanks Karl!

That will work great. Let me know when you get home or tomorrow and I will shoot you a paypal, Thanks Karl!

I'm home. Shoot me your address, so I can pack it up and get an insured shipping quote with signature, I want to be sure that they put this in your hand!!! This is sooo cool... :glasses7:

Can I still keep the pictures and brag that it's mine?? :D (or at least it was for a day....) \\:D/

-
Back