Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hoppy...what did I miss?

Currently sitting in perkatory...

Screenshot_20201223-081311_Photos.jpg

My bride was supposed to come home today from visiting kids in DC. She had a blast, did the whole tourist thing. She even hit the spy museum, and of course the mall. Everything was cool till they shut down the airport last night here in Fargo. All flights cancelled today due to high wind. She is stuck in Denver and trying to get home but does not look good for it.
Rent car, drive

bummer! We are in that warning too and supposed to get snow here in central MN, but I think the biggest thing will be the nasty wind, not bad out now 34 degrees but I think it’s coming, snow starting later and temps dropping below zero tonight to -2, that’s a 36 degree swing.....gotta love it lol

But it sure would be nice to have a white Christmas!
Depending on how thing pan out in the next few hours we may not be going home to see the family either.. Aitkin is getting hit now and its only supposed to get worse, not going to risk driving.

We aren't going anywhere for Christmas this year. Just Cheryl and I at home, no complaints here.

Chilling solo here too. Actually had some thunder and lightning this AM along with some hail/freezing rain. Then rain later and 40's. Suoposed to be only in mid teens tomorrow

Depending on how thing pan out in the next few hours we may not be going home to see the family either.. Aitkin is getting hit now and its only supposed to get worse, not going to risk driving.

Bummer! Kims daughter is supposed to come home today from Mankato where she goes to school and she probably sleeps to noon, moms trying to call her and tell her to either leave right now or wait till tomorrow. Good thing is she blew out a tire last week and had to get 2 new ones on the front so atleast she’ll have good tires, but I’m nervous because a month ago when we got that wet heavy snow she put her car in the ditch moving to the shoulder for a snow plow on her way home about 1.5 hrs away and I had to get a tow truck and it wasn’t cheap, atleast she was safe and her car wasn’t damaged.

We will hang loose. Planning on driving across the state to MIL's but if there is blizzard going on it's better to stay home. We can go later in the week. This year is all messed up anyway.

We aren't going anywhere for Christmas this year. Just Cheryl and I at home, no complaints here.

That’s our plan as well, us and the 7 kids! We have games and activities planned as well as some fun and yummy food. How are you feeling bud, getting better?

That’s our plan as well, us and the 7 kids! We have games and activities planned as well as some fun and yummy food. How are you feeling bud, getting better?
Our grown kids are all at their other sides this year. They'll be through over the weekend.
Yep feeling great pneumonia cough is less everyday another week or so and it should be gone.
How are you feeling??

I have a couple of gifts to wrap, one to pick up at Best Buy and quite a few to deliver. We will exchange gifts tonight with my oldest and his girlfriend but not get together. I have a big pot of Chicken chili going nd will make some cornbread muffins to go with. We are planning a couple Skype gatherings to make it more like getting together.

We have games planned outside with the family, but if its supposed to be -20* those will not be fun to play.. Might have to sit inside and drink hot cider and do board games. Telestrations is a fun game and lots of laughs.

Rent car, drive
That’s funny,
up here there are snow gates on the highways at the ramps. State police drops em and thou shalt not pass. When they say they don’t want you on the roads they are serious. Folks try and push thru then become stranded and this ties up emergency services personnel in a big way. And invariably Darwin thins the herd a bit. We get several deaths a year with motorists on side of road frozen. Or abandoning car trying to trudge on foot only to be found in snow bank later. Until you have been exposed to 20-30 below weather for any amount of time it is all abstract theory. Up here it is all to real.

That’s funny,
up here there are snow gates on the highways at the ramps. State police drops em and thou shalt not pass. When they say they don’t want you on the roads they are serious. Folks try and push thru then become stranded and this ties up emergency services personnel in a big way. And invariably Darwin thins the herd a bit. We get several deaths a year with motorists on side of road frozen. Or abandoning car trying to trudge on foot only to be found in snow bank later. Until you have been exposed to 20-30 below weather for any amount of time it is all abstract theory. Up here it is all to real.
I thought she was grounded for winds, not snow, my bad

The issue with cheep Spray guns is evenness of flow. Thick in the center, thin at the edges, and no way to adjust properly....

Made it to shop. Broke a trail with my rod knocker. Waiting on a couple parts and i can get the ford out. Then move in engine and shop crane and prep for engine swap on my gmc. Used engine for $350, hope its not a grenade...

Nice my Machine shop is done making my distrib bushings, think I have a few now. 318 of them! What a number that is.

It wasnt that many years ago.
I do recall bringing firewood to a friend, -50. Luckily no wind that day.
But i have been out in the middle of nowhere starting equipment, -44 and howling winds. I re

A85EF68E-FCE0-4D1D-A115-1039C5F2F0A8.png

The issue with cheep Spray guns is evenness of flow. Thick in the center, thin at the edges, and no way to adjust properly....
We had that problem at first solved it by cranking up the pressure and switching the tip. It’s not perfect but way better than it was. It covers decently. I won’t use it on say my dart, but for a tractor, it does the job

-
Back