Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
More like this! Man that was funny!
Raccoon_red_eye.jpg

Snow stopped mid afternoon yesterday, sky cleared and the temperature dropped off in a big way. 9*f with a windchill of -13 when I got up. Off until the 29th now, glad I don't have to go to work today, doubt the pos International I've been driving would start, barely started yesterday and it was not nearly as cold. Be nice to have the Freightliner back, still a pos but at least it's more reliable and comfortable. Supposed to get to 34* today, long way to go.

Cloudy and mid 60s here for the remainder of the week. With some "slight chance of rain" sprinkled in during the weekend. Red Flag warnings to the south.

Our grown kids are all at their other sides this year. They'll be through over the weekend.
Yep feeling great pneumonia cough is less everyday another week or so and it should be gone.
How are you feeling??

That’s good to hear... I’m a lot better, I had some follow-up chest x-rays and they looked really good, I guess there was some scarring inside my lungs and that is gone now, and the clinic said that my pneumonia is cleared up and things look better. I haven’t used my oxygen for about 56 days and my oxygen levels have been excellent and pretty normal. I still have a slight cough and I just take some Mucinex for it but I feel a million times better, that was a long and scary month and hope it’s all behind me. They said I just need to get plenty of rest and sleep, I can be fairly active and do things and the one doctor did tell me that I can push myself a little bit but then take some breaks, every day do a little bit more and he said I should be on the right track. This Covid is different for everybody and everybody has different symptoms and they recovered different, some recover quickly and others could take months they said, they are learning more from it every day.

Parts showed up! But now i need to climb up and torque the mannyfold. Its not easy and becoming more difficult as time goes by. I take breaks.

Well, coffee is kickin in, so out to shop......Start on top cabinets today....

That’s good to hear... I’m a lot better, I had some follow-up chest x-rays and they looked really good, I guess there was some scarring inside my lungs and that is gone now, and the clinic said that my pneumonia is cleared up and things look better. I haven’t used my oxygen for about 56 days and my oxygen levels have been excellent and pretty normal. I still have a slight cough and I just take some Mucinex for it but I feel a million times better, that was a long and scary month and hope it’s all behind me. They said I just need to get plenty of rest and sleep, I can be fairly active and do things and the one doctor did tell me that I can push myself a little bit but then take some breaks, every day do a little bit more and he said I should be on the right track. This Covid is different for everybody and everybody has different symptoms and they recovered different, some recover quickly and others could take months they said, they are learning more from it every day.
I heard a lot of stories from the nurses. Its a nasty virus that effects people in different ways. The general consensus I got was being healthy, not a smoker, or any type lung problems and you had a better than average chance of going home. On recovery you are right. I went in had double pneumonia, oxygen levels were 82, with a 103.5 temp. Five days later I walked out the door with no oxygen needed. The nurse called me the first week at home, followed by a doctor call. The first week home I did nothing but watch TV, and sleep in the recliner. If I started coughing to much I'd put my CPAP on and it stopped. I guess I had my own oxygen supply it worked for me. I hope to get taste and smell back. It really kills the urge to eat, and in a way its good. I've lost 20 pounds in the last 17 days. Another thing that happened to me was the havoc the virus caused with my blood sugar. I am not diabetic. I got to the hospital and tested my blood sugar, it was 366. I got tested every four hours and an insulin shot as needed. Coming home they have me on a 30 day prescription and have me check my blood sugar once a day. I'm well within the norms. I'm glad we are doing better, and I know you like me consider ourselves VERY fortunate!!

I heard a lot of stories from the nurses. Its a nasty virus that effects people in different ways. The general consensus I got was being healthy, not a smoker, or any type lung problems and you had a better than average chance of going home. On recovery you are right. I went in had double pneumonia, oxygen levels were 82, with a 103.5 temp. Five days later I walked out the door with no oxygen needed. The nurse called me the first week at home, followed by a doctor call. The first week home I did nothing but watch TV, and sleep in the recliner. If I started coughing to much I'd put my CPAP on and it stopped. I guess I had my own oxygen supply it worked for me. I hope to get taste and smell back. It really kills the urge to eat, and in a way its good. I've lost 20 pounds in the last 17 days. Another thing that happened to me was the havoc the virus caused with my blood sugar. I am not diabetic. I got to the hospital and tested my blood sugar, it was 366. I got tested every four hours and an insulin shot as needed. Coming home they have me on a 30 day prescription and have me check my blood sugar once a day. I'm well within the norms. I'm glad we are doing better, and I know you like me consider ourselves VERY fortunate!!

Wow hat sounds almost like me @ZMan67S I was in the hospital for four days, I had a fever of 104 and my oxygen was down in the mid to low 80s also, they put me on some antibiotics and steroids before I went to the hospital and that didn’t seem to help much. They put me on some other stuff at the hospital and back on the antibiotic when I was done and that seemed to help. They had me laying on my stomach and my side a lot to purge so the stuff in my lungs could break up and they did that a lot and I think that helped. I also lost 20 pounds in my appetite which that part is good Because I could stand to lose some but I only lost my sense of smell and taste for about 2-3 days.... I had plenty of bodyaches, nasty headaches and was very dizzy a lot also. There’s a lot of things that are similar but there’s a lot of things that are different between people with the stuff. They don’t even know what kind of infection I had if it was a viral or something else but my pneumonia was pretty nasty, I probably should’ve went in a day or two sooner to the ER

Morning everyone, cold front moved in last night. Cold and windy today, 30-40 mph winds and 21 deg. Need more coffee.

-
Back