Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
88CEE931-B97E-43FA-88AA-C4313F93B71B.jpeg
Got a little time to work on the Duster this morning. Pulled the heat/AC controller. I had repaired a few of the vacuum nipples before. Now the rest are broken. Luckily I picked up a spare.
Also tried to figure out the turn signals not working. Was getting voltage across the flasher terminals. Ground was good through left or right circuit. But inconsistent to blink the bulbs when I jumped it out. Kept messing with it and now it works with a flasher. Hopefully they keep working, but don’t like when stuff fixes itself, cause it will fail again...

View attachment 1715743944 Got a little time to work on the Duster this morning. Pulled the heat/AC controller. I had repaired a few of the vacuum nipples before. Now the rest are broken. Luckily I picked up a spare.
Also tried to figure out the turn signals not working. Was getting voltage across the flasher terminals. Ground was good through left or right circuit. But inconsistent to blink the bulbs when I jumped it out. Kept messing with it and now it works with a flasher. Hopefully they keep working, but don’t like when stuff fixes itself, cause it will fail again...

Even though you have/read a good ground maybe as simple as one going high resistance, at bulb or elsewhere. Intermittent....fun.....not.

So the neighbor came over and cut the lawn for me yesterday. Think that was the cherry on the anniversary cake watching her bounce around on the lawnmower in a halter top! :rofl: I was just the victim not the instigator for a change!!!!

Tits are like the police... They are always showing up when you don't want them to....

HMM trying to think of something different and easy for food for Mondays BBQ. Bratwurst and German potato salid it is!

What part of Germany are you getting the potatoes from???

You can't make German potato salad without German potatoes.... :rolleyes:

Even though you have/read a good ground maybe as simple as one going high resistance, at bulb or elsewhere. Intermittent....fun.....not.
Maybe, but juice goes from fuse to flasher to switch. If it was a problem anywhere in a bulb circuit, other side should work. If I jump the flasher, that only leaves the input side of the switch. So, maybe just working the switch so many times rubbed off some corrosion...

Oh I love my daughter. She says I need any other project car for her new baby sister. I asked her if mommy would like it. She said no but she didn’t care and will tell mommy “tough patooty”

Building a 3ft by 8ft work bench out of solid oak 4x4s and 2x12s seems like a great idea until you have to move it. Damn this thing is HEAVY

Well, maybe 50⁰ today and crazy windy. Demon fired right up and drove great. Got the stripes on. What a difference. Demons need stripes!

20210528_152744.jpg

20210528_152800.jpg

@Unconventional got the spice rub today! Looking forward to the wife’s next creation. Maybe this weekend. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1715744009

Good deal MD :D The brat in law did get a couple of places around here for retail distribution on his visit last week. Has more irons in the fire also. Let me know how ya like it and I'll forward it on to the the brat.

Can you work in it?
That’s the plan. 10x20 climate controlled. Only 135 a month. Going to use that space for my engines and this bench. It’ll be a dust free space for the final assembly of the engine and transmission rebuild. I’ve put three layers of plastic down topped with oil absorbing pads to help keep it clean.

So, almost got tractor 12 volt conversion done. Made brackets, installed wiring and alternator switch and charge indicator. So all that is left is assembling dashboard and closing hood. Had to stop and take wife to an appt, so whole afternoon was shot.

-
Back