Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well. Short day today. Company coming to town. Should be a great week.

Morning!
Temp up a couple degrees from last night. -18c 0f.

@toolmanmike with a bunch of codes like that, possible low battery voltage during cranking.
Or a bad ground.
In some cases a shorted sensor can pull reference voltage down, driving the ecm nutz.

07 nitro, no transmission dipstick. Forgot to check before dropping pan. I would have caught and measured the fluid that fell out when i dropped pan.
Somewhere i read 45 mm from bottom of pan. Part of me wished chrysler never took away dipstick. The other part wants to beat a few engineers to death…

Twat's up fellers? I got lots do get done today. Somebody wanna come do it for me?

Got off work a couple hours early cause didn't charge OT earlier in the week working on that dehydrator. Managed to get winch fixed, one bad solenoid, open across the coil. Had to grind down the base mounting metal a little to fit the solenoid in, just a little larger than the original Warn solenoids. Will be pulling the last of the firewood out today I hope.

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

Got off work a couple hours early cause didn't charge OT earlier in the week working on that dehydrator. Managed to get winch fixed, one bad solenoid, open across the coil. Had to grind down the base mounting metal a little to fit the solenoid in, just a little larger than the original Warn solenoids. Will be pulling the last of the firewood out today I hope.

View attachment 1715860227

View attachment 1715860228

View attachment 1715860229

View attachment 1715860230
There ain't enough solenoids.

There ain't enough solenoids.

There was less of them than wires to coils, wires to contacts and copper buss bars. Spent more time labeling than I did removing nuts and troubleshooting. To top it off, previous owner had a 3 wire connection coming in there that he just lopped off outside the winch body but left the wires and terminals in there, I pulled that out.

IMG_4028 (2).jpg

Good TGIF morning folks. This new laptop is going to update win10 to win11 at next restart. I hope I can go back to 10 if I don't like 11.

The covid update here.
Wife and granddaughter who's been here the past three days are both doing well with a very mild case of covid.
Granddaughter moved in so daughter (covid negative and had vax shot less than six months) could continue to work as a nurse. The hospital is very short with staff out sick.
Tomorrow ends their quarantine stage. I managed to avoid catching it, negative again yesterday with a home test.
I guess my severe case last year, (put me in the hospital) gave me some great immunity.
Looks like all will be good here.

The covid update here.
Wife and granddaughter who's been here the past three days are both doing well with a very mild case of covid.
Granddaughter moved in so daughter (covid negative and had vax shot less than six months) could continue to work as a nurse. The hospital is very short with staff out sick.
Tomorrow ends their quarantine stage. I managed to avoid catching it, negative again yesterday with a home test.
I guess my severe case last year, (put me in the hospital) gave me some great immunity.
Looks like all will be good here.

Good to hear, my manager caught it twice so could have been worse for you, glad the family is doing good.

Good TGIF morning folks. This new laptop is going to update win10 to win11 at next restart. I hope I can go back to 10 if I don't like 11.

:thumbsup:
Post up your thoughts. Supposed to give more of a Mac feel to the interface and able to run native Android Apps.... the App part is what interests me. I'll need to upgrade the laptop though.

Morning!
Temp up a couple degrees from last night. -18c 0f.

@toolmanmike with a bunch of codes like that, possible low battery voltage during cranking.
Or a bad ground.
In some cases a shorted sensor can pull reference voltage down, driving the ecm nutz.

THanks for the tip.
I just got a report the remote start wouldn't crank the engine this morning but it did start manually. I hope it warms up a bit this weekend and I can take a look. I'll pull the back seat and get to the battery to test and check the cables and ground there.

:thumbsup:
Post up your thoughts. Supposed to give more of a Mac feel to the interface and able to run native Android Apps.... the App part is what interests me. I'll need to upgrade the laptop though.
I have no clue what Mac feels like so....
My thoughts is history of new versions of Windows. They never have done enough beta testing before release. Right outa the gate, one fix/update after another. Holes in security, etc...
Thanks for the tip about android apps. I have a Spypoint wildlife camera and there is only android software for it. I have to use wifes phone to see the pics it takes. To see them on my own larger screen would be great.

My youngest fixed my laptop so Windows doesn't want to upgrade constantly. I am on 10 but use the traditional screens and controls. None of that touch screen B/S.

-
Back