Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Happy Sunday! Since there’s no good teams left playing today :rolleyes: I’m gonna go help my buddy with his Jeep this afternoon

I totally get it, took me years to make E4 as well. Hehehehe
lol I made e4 in less than 6 months after AIT. I just sat there for 17 years...

I have seen a few retire at E-4 never had a slot open up for them to advance to.
that’s been me. My first 5 years, there were zero E5 slots, and hadn’t been for years. So when the state reorganized and created new slots, seniority ruled, and those were quickly filled and the problem came back. Then after OCS and blowing the knee a third time, I spent 8.5 years in an aviation unit and not in an MOS slot, so I wasn’t eligible despite being number 1 on the list the entire time.

Hey @krazykuda, You made a post here (in 2015 ...) about factory cam specs for the 273. Pictures from the Manual. It has the cam data, which is perfect.

One question, though. For the 2 bbl cam, it says "duration 240 degrees". At which lift?

I get to clean a few pistols up this morning from pistol match yesterday. Load some 9mm on the Dillion, and set up a 38-55 for a match next weekend. Then I get to bone up on my Game and Fish notes as I am teaching a Hunters Ed class next week for GnF. I love teaching that class, it is always a hoot. The what if questions are just classic coming from 11 year olds. Their examples have way to much detail and you can typically see the family member who is accompanying them literally squirm. It is hilarious.
I have a little gun cleaning in my future. I get to be the caretaker of my stepdads long guns. A Iver Johnson single shot 410 and a Remington (I think) bolt action 22. THey both were his family guns grandma used to shoot critters off the back porch out on the farm. Nothing special just fun to have.

I have a little gun cleaning in my future. I get to be the caretaker of my stepdads long guns. A Iver Johnson single shot 410 and a Remington (I think) bolt action 22. THey both were his family guns grandma used to shoot critters off the back porch out on the farm. Nothing special just fun to have.
Get a bore snake for them, dirt cheap and makes cleaning much much easier.

Good morning yea bunch of promotion, 9mm loading, teaching and football Sunday sinners!

Nice day today, high of 58 and sunny !

Just finished up the dishes from a bacon and scrambled egg breakfast.

Everyone have a good day.

20220127_195219.jpg

Hey @krazykuda, You made a post here (in 2015 ...) about factory cam specs for the 273. Pictures from the Manual. It has the cam data, which is perfect.

One question, though. For the 2 bbl cam, it says "duration 240 degrees". At which lift?
I hope Karl has those specs so I can update my info.

Here is some information I gathered for my build. Of course reading toolmanmike and other resources

273 Commando – (rated at 235 Horsepower)
CAM Valve lift: Intake .425 and Exhaust .425
CAM Duration: Intake 248 and Exhaust 248

273 Standard – (rated at 180 Horsepower)
CAM Valve lift: Intake .395 and exhaust .395
CAM Duration Intake 240 and exhaust 240

Comp Cam 20-246-4 (what I used)
Valve lift intake .468 and exhaust .468
Duration intake 270 and exhaust 270

Here is Comp recommended for my build
Comp Cam 20-222-3
Valve lift intake .462 and exhaust .470
Duration intake 262 and exhaust 270

Isky E4 cam
Valve lift intake .425 and exhaust .425
Duration intake 260 and exhaust 250

And how can we talk 273 without a reference to the D-Dart

D-Dart
Cam Valve lift intake intake .495 exhaust .505
CAM Duration: Intake 284 and Exhaust 284

Morning all. We are in US waters and making good speed for a change. Should be to the sea buoy in Port Fourchon, La sometime Wednesday morning. Ish..... you know how it goes, currents and winds etc.

Pictures from the Manual. It has the cam data, which is perfect.

Chrysler's cam numbers come from the ramp changes on the drawing.
That might be around .008 at the valve. So it seems based on the cam specs in the replacement catalogs from other companies. That comes from Wyrmrider. I experimented with using that in the Dynomation and it seemed to work. YMMV

I hope Karl has those specs so I can update my info.

Here is some information I gathered for my build. Of course reading toolmanmike and other resources

273 Commando – (rated at 235 Horsepower)
CAM Valve lift: Intake .425 and Exhaust .425
CAM Duration: Intake 248 and Exhaust 248

273 Standard – (rated at 180 Horsepower)
CAM Valve lift: Intake .395 and exhaust .395
CAM Duration Intake 240 and exhaust 240

Comp Cam 20-246-4 (what I used)
Valve lift intake .468 and exhaust .468
Duration intake 270 and exhaust 270

Here is Comp recommended for my build
Comp Cam 20-222-3
Valve lift intake .462 and exhaust .470
Duration intake 262 and exhaust 270

Isky E4 cam
Valve lift intake .425 and exhaust .425
Duration intake 260 and exhaust 250

And how can we talk 273 without a reference to the D-Dart

D-Dart
Cam Valve lift intake intake .495 exhaust .505
CAM Duration: Intake 284 and Exhaust 284
I just measured the lift on the cam that was in my '67 2 bbl and I get 0.257-0.261 lobe lift which translates to 0.3855"-0.3915" or so with the factory 1.5 rockers.

Makes sense that it's worn down about 0.004" to 0.010".

I just measured the lift on the cam that was in my '67 2 bbl and I get 0.257-0.261 lobe lift which translates to 0.3855"-0.3915" or so with the factory 1.5 rockers.

Makes sense that it's worn down about 0.004" to 0.010".
That seems logical.

Finally!
Caught up!
Morning!
-22c. Not bad. Spring thaw is coming soon. July isnt that far away.
Over 8.5m raised for the truckers.that alone shows how big this really is.

today, shop needs organizing, have to bring in some metal mashing tools.
Getting back to work on that firebird.

@360DartGT66

Lets see if I got this correct. See the last line. We got .004 specs from another cam company. Those are the degrees at a known measurable lift.
Re: Cam Specs
In this post I enter the shop manual specs into Dynomation's Cam manager
340 cam specs?

Then in this post are screenshots using .004 lift to see what what effect it has.
340 cam specs?

Here's the results incorrectly using mopar's specs as if they were .006 lift specs.
340 cam specs?

Substituting the .004 specs from a replacement cam company, Dynomation finally produces a power curve that looks like the ones from the dyno tests.
340 cam specs?

-
Back