Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Godd morning!

I just took a road trip to a transmission guy 50 kilometers over. Bought a tail section for a 4wd A518 ($45) to replace the OD planetary gears in the A500 I'm rebuilding. We came to talking about camshafts (as you do) and he mentioned a guy over here who does re-grinds. It's kinda steep, around $300 but there would be no shipping, essentially.

They won't be able to do a whole lot about the LSA, maybe a couple of degrees.

If they can do lifters too, it'll probably be a winner.
Oregon Cam Grinders here in the States quoted me 175 bucks to custom grind one for me. I ended up going Comp Cams off the shelf simply because I decided to stick to the exact copy car build out of a magazine. But my Comp Cams was 235 bucks.

Pick a rep and go in and talk to them. My initial meeting was by accident. I was just back from a deployment and needed some sleep meds they'd given me. Someone told me to go to the VA. Someone at the VA sent me to this guy. I told him I needed some sleep meds and he asked if I wanted to file a claim. Sure if that gets me the sleep meds. He asked me what service-related aliments I'd been treated for. I told him and remembered him writing them down on a form. I signed it and that was the last I saw of him for over a year. Like you, I had my own copy of my medical file. It was a good thing I did because a lot of key information was missing from my service file.
I’d like to start with the Legion but I’m not even sure I qualify for the Legion with no deployment time.

Oregon Cam Grinders here in the States quoted me 175 bucks to custom grind one for me. I ended up going Comp Cams off the shelf simply because I decided to stick to the exact copy car build out of a magazine. But my Comp Cams was 235 bucks.
This just keeps getting more involved ... I need fewer options, not more :D

I went to change out the power steering line on the Sub yesterday, first issue is was wrong one. Second problem was a second line out of pump had hose that crossed frame rail and was "sliced", leaking or not it needed changing too and would require me to pull the pump. I'm looking at the job, fan shroud, fan blade, pump pulley, pump, decided not gonna do it. Going to take it to shop, had plenty of other fun things to do, so I cleaned out the gutters : (

I went to change out the power steering line on the Sub yesterday, first issue is was wrong one. Second problem was a second line out of pump had hose that crossed frame rail and was "sliced", leaking or not it needed changing too and would require me to pull the pump. I'm looking at the job, fan shroud, fan blade, pump pulley, pump, decided not gonna do it. Going to take it to shop, had plenty of other fun things to do, so I cleaned out the gutters : (
Dude, you can do that. I had to pull the throttle body and intake manifold of of my Sons Mitsu truck just to change spark plugs and wires...2 days, but could have done in one...

This just keeps getting more involved ... I need fewer options, not more :D

Ken is the guy to talk too. Basically you give him the car, the engine specs, the transmission, rear gear and tire size and what you want/plan for the car to be(IE race car, road race, cruiser etc). He then builds a profile to your car. He will give you 3 choices with explanations as to the pros and cons, and you can select the profile from there and he will cut it

Dude, you can do that. I had to pull the throttle body and intake manifold of of my Sons Mitsu truck just to change spark plugs and wires...2 days, but could have done in one...

Yes I can, I put the whole engine in it but just don't want to mess with it, plenty else to do. IF I can't get it done by Jason at Better Off Road I probably will do it myself since I don't trust any of the other repair shops in this small town.

On the plate today is cleaning up the war zone a little up front. Have most of the firewood winched out, going to need to build burn piles after I go through with my limber Stihl and buzz up 3-4 inch limbs into fire logs. After that it's football. Wifey got me two projects for the weekend, a new dual shower head with remote ball washer (put that in yesterday) and door knob with lock for garage door to mud room, prolly put that in today.

Hey you guys ---> Stop posting until I catch up on back reading... :mob:

You're making catching up harder.... :BangHead:

I'm finally going to go out and play cars tomorrow. It's supposed to be mid 60's a nice day before the cold and snow comes in for a couple days. When I couldn't sleep last night, I made a spring to do list. It's not too bad. One bigger project will be the covered patio. I think we're going to go ahead and enclose it. I'm tempted though to go a summer and live with what we have. We've had a few other things here since we moved in whether to make a change or not. Usually, we just decide to live with it for a while and see what we really need. Keeps decisions simple.
On the plate today is cleaning up the war zone a little up front. Have most of the firewood winched out, going to need to build burn piles after I go through with my limber Stihl and buzz up 3-4 inch limbs into fire logs. After that it's football. Wifey got me two projects for the weekend, a new dual shower head with remote ball washer (put that in yesterday) and door knob with lock for garage door to mud room, prolly put that in today.
We are going to put a keypad lock on our garage door to the mud room. It's our primary entry point and want to make it simple.

Says they gots a live stream

"Streaming live"....

Beavis pee in pool.jpg

I'm finally going to go out and play cars tomorrow. It's supposed to be mid 60's a nice day before the cold and snow comes in for a couple days. When I couldn't sleep last night, I made a spring to do list. It's not too bad. One bigger project will be the covered patio. I think we're going to go ahead and enclose it. I'm tempted though to go a summer and live with what we have. We've had a few other things here since we moved in whether to make a change or not. Usually, we just decide to live with it for a while and see what we really need. Keeps decisions simple.

We are going to put a keypad lock on our garage door to the mud room. It's our primary entry point and want to make it simple.

We looked at the keypad lock and wireless, could be opened with cell phone etc. My thought was you'd have to enter a code every time you go into the house so decided against it.

We looked at the keypad lock and wireless, could be opened with cell phone etc. My thought was you'd have to enter a code every time you go into the house so decided against it.
The one we looked at was a code entry system. It holds several code combinations, so daughter will have her own code and won't need a house key. We think it will be easier than using a key especially when your carrying stuff. Now me I'd just leave the door unlocked during the day, but in our house, that's considered a security violation.

The one we looked at was a code entry system. It holds several code combinations, so daughter will have her own code and won't need a house key. We think it will be easier than using a key especially when your carrying stuff. Now me I'd just leave the door unlocked during the day, but in our house, that's considered a security violation.

Lol I see. I didn't know if those types would have to have a code punched in each time or if only in "locked" mode. We already have a key hidden in case we lose power and have to enter front or back door and now in case we "lock ourselves out" of the mudroom entrance.

-
Back