View attachment 1715861450
Gearhed73Well-Known Member
Rating - 100%
3 0 0
Add Feedback

Local Time:
11:07 PM
Contact Seller
Cleaning out some of the parts I’m not using. All parts include shipping to lower 48.

Sale pending Edelbrock RPM manifold. Has been milled at some point ( not by me) will include the thicker manifold gaskets that you will need. $200
New comp 910-16 Valve spring $100

New comp spring retainers 744-16 $75

273 adjustable rocker arms and shafts $175

Nos launcher ( progressive nitrous controller) $150

Used Comp solid roller cam $200

Thanks, OMR!

Prices are the same as Summit (retainers actually $5 more) and they have springs and retainers in stock. The cam is half price but then again, it's used. A little bigger than the Hughes cam with lower lift.

Damn, this cam choosing business is hard ...

edit: shipping included makes it a better deal.

How much can I mill the spring pocket on a stock 273 head? I know there's water under and that cores shift and all that. What would be safe?

Hey Mitch I knew you'd be up. How's the party...go back for those ten cases??

Hey Mitch I knew you'd be up. How's the party...go back for those ten cases??
Was at a big party two nights ago. Yup they tried to drink me drunk again. No luck for them. Tet starts tomorrow night, and goes the whole week. Went the grocery store today for much food, and just got home with 10 cases of Bia ( 24 in a case here ) for all the parting this week.
PXL_20220130_100808012.jpg

Was at a big party two nights ago. Yup they tried to drink me drunk again. No luck for them. Tet starts tomorrow night, and goes the whole week. Went the grocery store today for much food, and just got home with 10 cases of Bia ( 24 in a case here ) for all the parting this week.
View attachment 1715861462
You should introduce them to some Crown or Tito's. That'd be interesting. :lol:

You should introduce them to some Crown or Tito's. That'd be interesting. :lol:
They do drink the Rice Mash they make here. Not many of them drink the regular whiskeys or bourbons, They are 95% Beer drinkers here in VN, I guess cause its cheap. Anyhow I cant figure out why they must try to outdrink me each time we party. Why cant they just drink normally without trying to show off is beyond me......

Thanks, OMR!

Prices are the same as Summit (retainers actually $5 more) and they have springs and retainers in stock. The cam is half price but then again, it's used. A little bigger than the Hughes cam with lower lift.

Damn, this cam choosing business is hard ...

edit: shipping included makes it a better deal.
Have you thought about a custom grind? Cost is about the same and then you’d have all the guess work taken out.

They do drink the Rice Mash they make here. Not many of them drink the regular whiskeys or bourbons, They are 95% Beer drinkers here in VN, I guess cause its cheap. Anyhow I cant figure out why they must try to outdrink me each time we party. Why cant they just drink normally without trying to show off is beyond me......
Yep I agree drunk drinking isn't fun drinking. I want to remember what I did the next day.

Yep I agree drunk drinking isn't fun drinking. I want to remember what I did the next day.
Thing is, I outweigh all of them even at 190. So they can't last. I don't get so drunk I don't know what's going on. They are falling off their chairs...:lol:

Thing is, I outweigh all of them even at 190. So they can't last. I don't get so drunk I don't know what's going on. They are falling off their chairs...:lol:
It's just become a game to them. They interested in the football playoffs, or cricket fans??

So I had my Army annual physical... number 18. Well start of year number 18. Was given an order from a Colonel to contact a VA rep and start all my paperwork this week. Based on that, I have a feeling that this time next year, I’ll be sent to a medboard and retired early.

So I had my Army annual physical... number 18. Well start of year number 18. Was given an order from a Colonel to contact a VA rep and start all my paperwork this week. Based on that, I have a feeling that this time next year, I’ll be sent to a medboard and retired early.
I heard the VA is processing quicker than they used to. I did both my claim and my wife's claim. I used the VA rep to send my paperwork through and answer questions I had time to time. He was helpful and at one time asked me if I wanted to work for him...no. My claim took two and a half years before I had a determination. I applied for two more increases and those went a lot quicker. Wife's claim was less than a year and she served in the Reserves her last two years while receiving a VA disability. It's legal and you can.

I heard the VA is processing quicker than they used to. I did both my claim and my wife's claim. I used the VA rep to send my paperwork through and answer questions I had time to time. He was helpful and at one time asked me if I wanted to work for him...no. My claim took two and a half years before I had a determination. I applied for two more increases and those went a lot quicker. Wife's claim was less than a year and she served in the Reserves her last two years while receiving a VA disability. It's legal and you can.
Yeah, that’s what they said yesterday. Did you use a VA rep directly from the VA or thru one of the many outside VA organizations?

Yeah, that’s what they said yesterday. Did you use a VA rep directly from the VA or thru one of the many outside VA organizations?
I used one at my local VA, American Legion. He was retired AF and had been doing it for years. They are usually swamped so I did 95% of the work for him. I'd use him to send claim documents and paperwork in so that I had a second copy in his office and a paper trail. Their services are free.

I used one at my local VA, American Legion. He was retired AF and had been doing it for years. They are usually swamped so I did 95% of the work for him. I'd use him to send claim documents and paperwork in so that I had a second copy in his office and a paper trail. Their services are free.
Yeah. I’ll do the paperwork as best I can. Luckily I gathered everything up years ago. I’m just curious what all I can claim. I know my knee will be an interesting one with the surgery. Then it’s all the rest. The back, the tinnitus, heck the doc even told me I should file on the Sleep Apnea.

I quickly found out that his office lady who'd been there for years knew as much as he did.
After a few visits I was able to call in and she'd answer questions or check a status over the phone.

Have you thought about a custom grind? Cost is about the same and then you’d have all the guess work taken out.
Godd morning!

I just took a road trip to a transmission guy 50 kilometers over. Bought a tail section for a 4wd A518 ($45) to replace the OD planetary gears in the A500 I'm rebuilding. We came to talking about camshafts (as you do) and he mentioned a guy over here who does re-grinds. It's kinda steep, around $300 but there would be no shipping, essentially.

They won't be able to do a whole lot about the LSA, maybe a couple of degrees.

If they can do lifters too, it'll probably be a winner.

Yeah. I’ll do the paperwork as best I can. Luckily I gathered everything up years ago. I’m just curious what all I can claim. I know my knee will be an interesting one with the surgery. Then it’s all the rest. The back, the tinnitus, heck the doc even told me I should file on the Sleep Apnea.
Pick a rep and go in and talk to them. My initial meeting was by accident. I was just back from a deployment and needed some sleep meds they'd given me. Someone told me to go to the VA. Someone at the VA sent me to this guy. I told him I needed some sleep meds and he asked if I wanted to file a claim, sure if that gets me the sleep meds. He asked me what service-related aliments I'd been treated for. I told him and remembered him writing them down on a form. I signed it and that was the last I saw of him for over a year. Like you, I had my own copy of my medical file. It was a good thing I did because a lot of key information was missing from my service file.

-
Back