Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I might try to shuffle the tractor around, figure if I pull the ramps off of the lift I might be able to put it sideways in front of it. If I put the bucket outside for awhile I can put the Sub where the Kubota usually goes. Yes it's a tractor but I don't leave it outside. I'm thinking about doing this because I'll bet the 4x4 shop has a 2-3 week backlog and I don't want to be w/o my truck for that long, we'll see.

Congratulations, E-5 was my favorite rank, liked it more than Chief cause I got to work on equipment w/o the BS!
I’m highly considering dropping my Warrant Officer Packet now. But I don’t know if I want the drama

As the saying goes, You never have too much space no matter how big your garage is
I might try to shuffle the tractor around, figure if I pull the ramps off of the lift I might be able to put it sideways in front of it. If I put the bucket outside for awhile I can put the Sub where the Kubota usually goes. Yes it's a tractor but I don't leave it outside. I'm thinking about doing this because I'll bet the 4x4 shop has a 2-3 week backlog and I don't want to be w/o my truck for that long, we'll see.

I’m highly considering dropping my Warrant Officer Packet now. But I don’t know if I want the drama

That's the only officer package I would ever consider. Been through more than just some college and a knife and fork school if you're a WO. Best officers I knew were Warrants.

Wind and rain in the forecast here today, small craft advisory winds 22-33 knots, seas 10 feet. Hoping I don't get called out even though I could use the OT.

Substituting the .004 specs from a replacement cam company, Dynomation finally produces a power curve that looks like the ones from the dyno tests.
340 cam specs?
Intake open, close Exhaust open, close
FSM, unknown lift: 22 66 74 22
Catalog SAE .004: 20 79 79 30

We know that factory cams have a long slow opening ramp and and the lobes are asymetrical.
Makes comparisons to other companys' cams difficult.

That's the only officer package I would ever consider. Been through more than just some college and a knife and fork school if you're a WO. Best officers I knew were Warrants.
I was enlisted first, then went OCS and got hurt half way thru.

but yeah. I’m highly considering it. Problem is, I’d have to reclass MOS’s to do it. Then go to WOC

So forgive my Guard illiterate question, but I was thinking you were an MP? Do they have Warrant Officers in that billet? I may not remember your MOS correctly either? Did you graduate OCS? I once upon a time got the privilege of helping some young Naval OCS candidates navigate sleep deprivation and being on the edge of hypothermia for an extended period of time. In keeping with tradition they gave me a class sweatshirt when they graduated (the ones that made it). It is one of my prize possessions.

I was enlisted first, then went OCS and got hurt half way thru.

but yeah. I’m highly considering it. Problem is, I’d have to reclass MOS’s to do it. Then go to WOC

Reclass to what? I've seen WO as MMCO (Maintenance Material Control Officer) and other decent jobs. My sister in law (Navy) zoomed up to E-8 and then went LDO, she's on a good retirement now (O-4), husband is a retired E-8.

So forgive my Guard illiterate question, but I was thinking you were an MP? Do they have Warrant Officers in that billet? I may not remember your MOS correctly either? Did you graduate OCS? I once upon a time got the privilege of helping some young Naval OCS candidates navigate sleep deprivation and being on the edge of hypothermia for an extended period of time. In keeping with tradition they gave me a class sweatshirt when they graduated (the ones that made it). It is one of my prize possessions.
yeah, I’m an MP. The state has no WO slots that I can use. Like at all, there are no CID slots in the state either. Reserves only have 4 in the nation and they’re on either coast.

Reclass to what? I've seen WO as MMCO (Maintenance Material Control Officer) and other decent jobs. My sister in law (Navy) zoomed up to E-8 and then went LDO, she's on a good retirement now (O-4), husband is a retired E-8.

I have no clue. That’s the thing. There was a handful of slots that I actually could have used my civilian CAD job on but those went away in the re-org last fall.

So about the only option I have is to reclass to 42A but with that one, I have to serve in that MOS as an E6 for 3 years.

there’s a whole list I can chose from, but I really don’t know which I’d even want to reclass too.

Hmmm looking like I could go JAG as a paralegal essentially. That would be interesting

Good morning again, to all the retired and active military members here, what can you tell me about this cap, Army? And ranked..?
Looked to nice to let it set on the shelf at a flea market @dukeboy_318 @halifaxhops @MOPARMITCH

20220130_093812.jpg

20220130_093820.jpg

20220130_093835.jpg

Last edited:
I see my bud Jim in background of your pic, that would be a few days after you two finished off his grand dads shine, fun times

Good morning again, to all the retired and active military members here, what can you tell me about this cap, Army? And ranked..?
Looked to nice to let it set on the shelf at a flea market @dukeboy_318 @halifaxhops @MOPARMITCH

View attachment 1715861587

View attachment 1715861588

View attachment 1715861589

looks to be an old Army Pinks and Green era dress uniform. Circa mid 1920s- through mid 1950s. No rank insignia, just an Army Seal.

Possibly Army Air Corp based on the Gold lining but that’s not always true

I just measured the lift on the cam that was in my '67 2 bbl and I get 0.257-0.261 lobe lift which translates to 0.3855"-0.3915" or so with the factory 1.5 rockers.

Makes sense that it's worn down about 0.004" to 0.010".
I think there is a wear spec in the shop manual. Measured by positioning #1 cylinder and then measuring on #6 valve or something like that.

Ken is the guy to talk too. Basically you give him the car, the engine specs, the transmission, rear gear and tire size and what you want/plan for the car to be(IE race car, road race, cruiser etc). He then builds a profile to your car. He will give you 3 choices with explanations as to the pros and cons, and you can select the profile from there and he will cut it
I was in the same dilemma on cam selection. I went with a cam that was being used in @Ddaddy GTS. What he had was the same idea I was shooting for. It is perfect. That bring said go with a proven cam in an engine similar to yours.

I was in the same dilemma on cam selection. I went with a cam that was being used in @Ddaddy GTS. What he had was the same idea I was shooting for. It is perfect. That bring said go with a proven cam in an engine similar to yours.
Yeah ultimately I chose to stick to the exact blue print I started with.

-
Back