Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You guys notice that choke on the single barrel? Never saw one before this gun. Called a ACCU choke, it is adjustable. Works great also.

How ya liking this wind Frank? Thirty plus mph winds last night and today, temp somewhere under zero who cares it is just plain cold. My old hockey buddy showed up last night from Seattle. He was my Coach for several years till I got traded. We had a lot of fun last night, shop looks like a crime scene. Always a good sign. He found the stick the Team gave me when I left, they had all signed it. He remembered my first practice after he drafted me, I took a shot on net and he blew the play down. In a adjective laced tirade asked me WTF I was doing. I shrugged and replied trying to put the puck in the net Coach. He very colorfully retorted “ I drafted YOU (insert description) so that HE (points to our stud winger) can put the puck in the net. Ya gotta know your role! I am a bit broad shouldered and let’s just say heavy on my skates and liked to brawl. Was to slow to go very far but what a great sport. Hockey has evolved to the point guys like me do not bring much value anymore, but twenty thirty years ago we had a place. I played for years and years in fat man beer leagues as we got older etc. We literally watched the game morph away from hitting and self policing to the speed game it has become. Man those guys are fast. Back in the day I was a very large player at 200 pounds, today that is nothing. These guys are much bigger and much faster. It is amazing to watch. Apologies hockey rant over. Shop pix attached!

C3FFCA14-BE92-4CBA-ACC4-03D44F2265FB.jpeg

14F86501-3DB7-497C-BB16-C159DC68E74A.jpeg

How ya liking this wind Frank? Thirty plus mph winds last night and today, temp somewhere under zero who cares it is just plain cold. My old hockey buddy showed up last night from Seattle. He was my Coach for several years till I got traded. We had a lot of fun last night, shop looks like a crime scene. Always a good sign. He found the stick the Team gave me when I left, they had all signed it. He remembered my first practice after he drafted me, I took a shot on net and he blew the play down. In a adjective laced tirade asked me WTF I was doing. I shrugged and replied trying to put the puck in the net Coach. He very colorfully retorted “ I drafted YOU (insert description) so that HE (points to our stud winger) can put the puck in the net. Ya gotta know your role! I am a bit broad shouldered and let’s just say heavy on my skates and liked to brawl. Was to slow to go very far but what a great sport. Hockey has evolved to the point guys like me do not bring much value anymore, but twenty thirty years ago we had a place. I played for years and years in fat man beer leagues as we got older etc. We literally watched the game morph away from hitting and self policing to the speed game it has become. Man those guys are fast. Back in the day I was a very large player at 200 pounds, today that is nothing. These guys are much bigger and much faster. It is amazing to watch. Apologies hockey rant over. Shop pix attached!

View attachment 1715864540

View attachment 1715864541
That Thomas Moore is good stuff. I see you like it too. (almost a bottle kill)

It is a tube magazine. There will be a plunger on it, depress the cap on the end right under the barrel and turn to line up detents and it will spring out. If it is missing the tube magazine you can most likely get a replacement at Brownells or Nurmerich Arms. Both handle old and obsolete magazines

It is a tube magazine. There will be a plunger on it, depress the cap on the end right under the barrel and turn to line up detents and it will spring out. If it is missing the tube magazine you can most likely get a replacement at Brownells or Nurmerich Arms. Both handle old and obsolete magazines
Ya, I got the wrong gun. It was a bolt action but with a clip. It had a broken stock and trigger guard. It was pretty rough.

How ya liking this wind
It’s a little breezy here, but nothing notable. But just as a read that, a big gust hit. I thought it was going to flip the porch rockers just outside the front window. Been sitting here near an hour and that was the only gust like that.
Weird…:realcrazy:

Adjustable chokes on shotguns were also called “poly chokes” I want to say there is a modern version called Titan or Spartan, something like that. They just really never gained much traction as most modern shotguns have screw in chokes today so you can simply put in whatever you wish and not have the clunky widget hanging on end of your shotgun.

Well went outside to start the Tikey Truck to de ice it. The driveway has at least 1/4" of ice all the way up. This will not be fun.

Adjustable chokes on shotguns were also called “poly chokes” I want to say there is a modern version called Titan or Spartan, something like that. They just really never gained much traction as most modern shotguns have screw in chokes today so you can simply put in whatever you wish and not have the clunky widget hanging on end of your shotgun.
Yeah this model 11 is a hand me down from my great great grandfather. He was security for the old B&O railroad

-
Back