Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Is that Chris's new house being delivered? :rolleyes:
And you thought wood was a fire hazard.

straw-bale-house-walls1.jpg

Exactly. I had twisted copper at former house. Saw the tech at the switch and stopped to chat. He said they were doing just enough to keep the FCC from fining them but intentionally letting the old system decay to get customers to flip to wireless
Interesting.
The call center people would often try to say the lines were old and decayed. Maybe somewhere but the lines here were all rerun between 1995-97.
As fas as I'm concerned its a scam to maximize profit out of the fiber optic once they realized that may not have been a good business move.
It also was a way to get rid of the unionized line and repair crews.
I hope AT&T's 5G in the city provides some real competition as an ISP. Otherwise Comcast and Verizon will keep milking the people - many who cant really afford it.

Interesting.
The call center people would often try to say the lines were old and decayed. Maybe somewhere but the lines here were all rerun between 1995-97.
As fas as I'm concerned its a scam to maximize profit out of the fiber optic once they realized that may not have been a good business move.
It also was a way to get rid of the unionized line and repair crews.
I hope AT&T's 5G in the city provides some real competition as an ISP. Otherwise Comcast and Verizon will keep milking the people - many who cant really afford it.

"Planned obsolescence"

Good Morning everyone. Working from home today. Icy, windy and just getting worse as day goes on.

You a Hammer?
Have been since I was 14. Though I need to renew my license. Still have my VX150 though, works great. I don’t transmit anymore, I just listen.
That and CB and you'll be set.

I'll admit that half the time I don't call my neighbors. Just wait until I see them, or walk over and ring the bell to talk in person.

With the cell phone biggest challenge for me was figuring out how to offload and a save the messages and phone log. Not that there is anything on them I think I will ever need.
Contacts and the few recordings were pretty easy to copy.

yeah, have a couple Cbs and even a home base unit. But they’re older 34 channel one vs 40s that are every where now a days.

Have been since I was 14. Though I need to renew my license. Still have my VX150 though, works great. I don’t transmit anymore, I just listen.

yeah, have a couple Cbs and even a home base unit. But they’re older 34 channel one vs 40s that are every where now a days.
I never made it past Morse Code. Never made it to General.

Stay warm and dry...

My girlfriend although had to abandon ship. Winter storm warning. She lives in the AZ mountains. 10-16" of snow and 45+mph winds through tomorrow night. She headed south to stay with friends.

So as reported Saturday I bought a Kimber .45. Well boss came home, and I showed it to her. I explained to her the single action cocked and locked feature because we've/I never had one.
It was an immediate NO, not in the house, grand kids, safety, keep it in the garage, not carrying THAT while I'm riding in the car/truck, etc... I talked to her trying to explain and finally I got the look...you know the look.
I took it back yesterday and traded for a Sig Sauer Legion .45 All is good!!

So as reported Saturday I bought a Kimber .45. Well boss came home, and I showed it to her. I explained to her the single action cocked and locked feature because we've never had one.
It was an immediate NO, not in the house, grand kids, safety, keep it in the garage, not carrying THAT while I'm riding in the car/truck, etc... I talked to her trying to explain and finally I got the look...you know the look.
I took it back yesterday and traded for a Sig Sauer Legion .45 All is good!!
Umm. The Kimber was a 1911 right? Should have had a grip safety as well as the selector safety. That said, the Sig isn’t a bad choice

Umm. The Kimber was a 1911 right? Should have had a grip safety as well as the selector safety. That said, the Sig isn’t a bad choice
It is, it does, but she likes what she likes. Guns in the house, vehicle, carrying is a mutual agreement.
I want her to be comfortable picking any one of our handguns up and using it if needed.
All I've ever owned are Glocks and was ready for something different. I like the Sig!!

No rain yet here, radar shows it's not far away and it's far from a cataclysmic event :lol:. Might last an hour at best. Should put some snow on The Fig and The Hurricane Deck.

-
Back