Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No rain yet here, radar shows it's not far away and it's far from a cataclysmic event :lol:. Might last an hour at best. Should put some snow on The Fig and The Hurricane Deck.
Radar?

radar.jpg2.jpg

Morning, -3 and snow on and off all day through tomorrow. Oatmeal and coffee are extra good this morning. to cold to do much in the garage.

My wingman is in Ky surveying the damage on the property he just bought to retire to. He is going to send some video of the mayhem sometime today.

So at@t still maintains there copper here. It is the bsck bone of there u verse tv service. Millions of customers. And whenever in the past they launched a new speed wireless the old was backwards compatible. 5g will take a while to get to rural areas. Takes a lot of towers.

So at@t still maintains there copper here. It is the bsck bone of there u verse tv service. Millions of customers. And whenever in the past they launched a new speed wireless the old was backwards compatible. 5g will take a while to get to rural areas. Takes a lot of towers.
Yep. It won't happen that way. 5G range is only 1000 feet. No reason to string a cable to a farm house and put up a pole for a single user with 1000 foot ramge. You have cell service in the house but not the barn? WTF are they thinking! :mob:

We have 3G out here in the sticks, I have 1 bar in one spot in the house, no service anywhere else. Gona be a lot of pissed off people out here if they shut it down completely.

We have 3G out here in the sticks, I have 1 bar in one spot in the house, no service anywhere else. Gona be a lot of pissed off people out here if they shut it down completely.

Carriers are doing the math. Less than 9% of wireless connections are 2G or 3G. If you're on a local carrier then you'll most likely hang on a bit longer. More importantly, is that if your cell phone is 3G ONLY then you need to upgrade your phone. The phone may work with your local carrier but it'll be a brick if you roam into other networks... My understanding that this will impact ability to call 9-1-1 as well. Something to do a little research on. Check your carrier and check your device.

Carriers are doing the math. Less than 9% of wireless connections are 2G or 3G. If you're on a local carrier then you'll most likely hang on a bit longer. More importantly, is that if your cell phone is 3G ONLY then you need to upgrade your phone. The phone may work with your local carrier but it'll be a brick if you roam into other networks... My understanding that this will impact ability to call 9-1-1 as well. Something to do a little research on. Check your carrier and check your device.
My phone is updated. It’s capable of 5G, but we don’t have 5G or even 4G in this area.

My phone is updated. It’s capable of 5G, but we don’t have 5G or even 4G in this area.

Copy....

Yeah, it's more about it being able to function when you move out of the 3G coverage footprint you currently reside in. I hit a (Fake) 5G site from my house but I'm near the top of the ridge. 1/4 mile away they are on a different tower, different band if any coverage at all so it's hit or miss. When I was up on the roof yesterday I was getting 74.4 MB/s down and 25.8 MB/s up. Pretty solid

A big part of the build back funding is earmarked for rural wireless high speed internet. The issue problem came to light when children could not do there school work from home under covid lockdown.

A big part of the build back funding is earmarked for rural wireless high speed internet. The issue problem came to light when children could not do there school work from home under covid lockdown.
My retirement portfolio leans heavy on AT@T stock. So I'm hoping it gets funded. The build back better....

Digital Divide.... Yup

Few Billion going toward rural tribal broadband as well U.S. ranks very low globally in average speeds.

Digital Divide.... Yup

Few Billion going toward rural tribal broadband as well U.S. ranks very low globally in average speeds.
America has missed the bus in lots of areas. Public transport being another. Health care. Anything that did not directly make share holders richer....imo

I think they and VZW are asking for about $5 Billion from FCC to rip and replace Huawei gear out of their networks
I believe every piece of internet gear produced in China has a back door hard wired into it. Laptops on down....

Digital Divide.... Yup

Honestly I long for the days before the internet and cell phones were everywhere.

And on this day....

Congratulations to the 1980 Men's Ice Hockey Team

Miracle on Ice. February 22, 1980 :usflag:

Coach Herb Brooks....

No. Pos. Name Age Hometown College
30 G *Jim Craig 21 North Easton, MA Boston U.
3 D *Ken Morrow 22 Flint, MI Bowling Green
5 D *Mike Ramsey 19 Minneapolis, MN Minnesota
10 C *Mark Johnson 22 Madison, WI Wisconsin
24 LW *Rob McClanahan 22 Saint Paul, MN Minnesota
8 RW *Dave Silk 21 Scituate, MA Boston U.
6 D Bill Baker (A) 22 Grand Rapids, MN Minnesota
9 C Neal Broten 20 Roseau, MN Minnesota
23 D Dave Christian 20 Warroad, MN North Dakota
11 RW Steve Christoff 21 Richfield, MN Minnesota
21 RW Mike Eruzione (C) 25 Winthrop, MA Boston U.
28 RW John Harrington 22 Virginia, MN Minnesota-Duluth
1 G Steve Janaszak 22 Saint Paul, MN Minnesota
17 D Jack O'Callahan 22 Charlestown, MA Boston U.
16 C Mark Pavelich 21 Eveleth, MN Minnesota-Duluth
25 LW Buzz Schneider 25 Babbitt, MN Minnesota
19 RW Eric Strobel 21 Rochester, MN Minnesota
20 D Bob Suter 22 Madison, WI Wisconsin
27 LW Phil Verchota 22 Duluth, MN Minnesota
15 C Mark Wells 21 St. Clair Shores, MI Bowling Green

I phone 10 with verizon

-
Back