Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not bad, I’m down 7.49 currently. I was up Jan 2nd of 21.32 percent. I waited a bit too long to move into the safe fund. But I think a big plunge is coming. There’s no way the general American public can withstand 1.47 percent increases in food and then 200-300 percent or more in gas price increases, not counting all the other goods and service prices increases, in such a short, rapid timeline.
I mean, I’m barely breaking even net wise. I took a job with a 10 percent increase in salary, but only 10 miles round trip a day from home. Previous job was 62 miles one way, I went from filling up three times a week, to twice a month. But with the gas now well over 3.75 a gallon, every penny I would have had extra, is gone. Granted, it’d been way way worse if I’d stayed, but still. I was expecting to have 500-1000 bucks extra to play with a month, nope.
I've been in your shoes at times living paycheck to paycheck.
I worked a fulltime LEO job, National Guard, plus part time jobs for more than thirty years.
During those years we saved and continued to invest in good times and bad.
Today, we are very comfortable and will for years to come.
Hang in there it will pay off when your ready.

They say it will hit 70 here today, Mitch.

We hit 69° yesterday...

I tried doing some Uber rides last night... Two of my customers came from huge Irish St. Patty day celebrations....

The Irish around here are already starting to celebrate St. Paddy's day... (We have lots of Irish here....)

I've been in your shoes at times living paycheck to paycheck.
I worked a fulltime LEO job, National Guard, plus part time jobs for more than thirty years.
During those years we saved and continued to invest in good times and bad.
Today, we are very comfortable and will for years to come.
Hang in there it will pay off when your ready.
Luckily we’re not paycheck to paycheck any more not since about 6 years ago. I couldn’t imagine folks that are right now. That would hurt.
It’s been a uphill climb but I’ve managed to force my way into a career path that normal takes 12-15 years to get into this position, I did it in 7.

the extra money I wanted to save in gas was gonna be used towards finding myself that Sport Fury I’m after. But oh well

One thing I’m currently working on is 6 months GROSS emergency cash fund. That’s proving to be more of a challenge simply cause it is cash and I have to remember to go to the bank to do it haha

Yep

5868957A-B0EF-479E-8B4F-C044D9EBC730.jpeg

Morning!
-10 and a little more than a dusting of snow. At least its not 100 below like usual.

Was watching a video of a guy making 3 window zephyr, suicide doors. Was a 4 door.
This guy is awesome!
Make it kustom.
Karl is one talented guy.

You know what Chris, all this kind of stuff won't lower the price of gas for any of us. Why don't you run for public office and make a difference! Just sayin' If you want to constantly complain about gas prices or how things are done in our country there is the News and Politics forum for that. Let's talk about coffee, cars, and how pretty Mitch's girlfriend is.

OK so a typical day in a foreign country is I met a girl at a coffee shop and to her for a ride? :lol: Morning again.

I'm waiting for the wife to wake up, think she took out some of the sausage we picked up yesterday at butcher. She's a sleeper inner lol!

Just light rain here right now.
I haven't checked the thermometer this morning cooler than yesterday. After the storm blew through it got cold and windy. I see there was another soul killed from a tornado that went through in the south part of the state. the toll is 7 so far. I haven't seen any damage photos yet.

I'm waiting for the wife to wake up, think she took out some of the sausage we picked up yesterday at butcher. She's a sleeper inner lol!
My wife does that on Saturday. It's the only day of the week she doesn't have to be out of the house by a certain time. Good thing we have 11:00 church on Sunday. LOL

I haven't checked the thermometer this morning cooler than yesterday. After the storm blew through it got cold and windy. I see there was another soul killed from a tornado that went through in the south part of the state. the toll is 7 so far. I haven't seen any damage photos yet.

I checked out a video on weather.com, pretty close up footage, would not want to see in person. Terrible for the town of Winterset, looks like a nice little town on Hwy 92. It's all a bummer, esp. 2 kids being lost.

-
Back