Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I watched a video just now, it dropped down and tore a line of homes up badly, I just had a small system go threw 5 minutes ago, it woke me up.
Sad to hear there was fatalities. RIP

Morning all. Warmer today but cloudy and some weather to follow. Hoping I can wrap training and get the camper packed up before rain starts.

Be safe out there....(or unsafe at any speed)

Cheers

The sun is going down in Vinh Long, at about 79 deg. Sitting at a Cafe on the street, people watching, while she has her hair done......

Chris how's your crpto holding up? I am down a bit.
I actually pulled mostly out in early December. I’m holding just a couple hundred bucks in a few various. But I took my 750 percent gains. I’m waiting for a good re-entry point.

Morning guys weather, gas, and money three things we have little to no control of. An interesting start to the day!!
Weather here: 80 yesterday, and very windy. Suppose to cool off 40's and 50's for the next week.
Gas: still running lower in the Midwest compared to other places $3.74 for 87 and $4.10 for diesel.
I'm positive it will get worse before it gets better.

Chris how's your crpto holding up? I am down a bit.
There’s one I really think will skyrocket this year. But buying it is freaking stupid expensive in fees. Gotta buy it on a defi exchange which means stupid levels of fees.

There’s one I really think will skyrocket this year. But buying it is freaking stupid expensive in fees. Gotta buy it on a defi exchange which means stupid levels of fees.
Silver
Gold
Bonds
Three other good things to buy into when inflation soars.

Silver
Gold
Bonds
Yep. Already do. I’m quite diversified actually. I learned my lesson in the 2008 crash and gold/silver run up.
Since then, I alternate 12 percent of my net between various investments. So pay check, that 12 percent buys a bit of silver, the next it may buy crypto, then the next it might buy gold (if I can find it in small enough fractions at the time, if not it goes into silver), and then sometimes that 12 percent goes into metal that goes bang.

that’s on top of the 20 percent going into my 401k and IRA, which right now are both in a pair of bond funds, one of which guarantees a 2 percent gain.

then there’s my TSP, which gets about 40 percent of my Guard pay. Last year, it returned well over 30 percent. It this year, I moved fund when things started sliding to the G fund, which is MUCH safer. When things stabilize a bit, I’ll push back into the C fund.

Yep. Already do. I’m quite diversified actually. I learned my lesson in the 2008 crash and gold/silver run up.
Since then, I alternate 12 percent of my net between various investments. So pay check, that 12 percent buys a bit of silver, the next it may buy crypto, then the next it might buy gold (if I can find it in small enough fractions at the time, if not it goes into silver), and then sometimes that 12 percent goes into metal that goes bang.

that’s on top of the 20 percent going into my 401k and IRA, which right now are both in a pair of bond funds, one of which guarantees a 2 percent gain.

then there’s my TSP, which gets about 40 percent of my Guard pay. Last year, it returned well over 30 percent. It this year, I moved fund when things started sliding to the G fund, which is MUCH safer. When things stabilize a bit, I’ll push back into the C fund.

Wow, sounds like you've got a plan there! I don't know if I would trust my instincts on moving money around like you are, sounds reasonable. I had TSP but wasn't much in it so cashed it out, dumb. Now TRowe Price does all the moving around for me lol!

We both did that for years. We work with a friend of thirty years who is also our money guy. We talk weekly.
With all the ups and downs the past few months we're down about 5%. Not bad.

Silver
Gold
Bonds
I had an older guy I worked with, honesty way too smart to be a security guard, tell me all during 2006& 2007 to buy gold, it was <600 an ounce. I let telling him no no no, that’s crazy. Then the crash happened and gold spiked over 1600 an ounce....

This guy, never married, wasn’t gay, looked like he maybe was only 40, but he’s pushing 70. At least. He enlisted in the Marines at 17, did a tour in 70 or 71 in Vietnam, got selected for OCS, stayed for 20 years, retired from the Marines, then immediately joined the Army Reserves, got activated for 4 years to Germany where he served as a Provost Marshall, and served in the Gulf War, retired from the Guard after 14 years, then worked for the State during that time as well. His stacked pensions and 401k, when he retired a couple years back under forced retirement, 175,000 combined annual.

I had an older guy I worked with, honesty way too smart to be a security guard, tell me all during 2006& 2007 to buy gold, it was <600 an ounce. I let telling him no no no, that’s crazy. Then the crash happened and gold spiked over 1600 an ounce....

This guy, never married, wasn’t gay, looked like he maybe was only 40, but he’s pushing 70. At least. He enlisted in the Marines at 17, did a tour in 70 or 71 in Vietnam, got selected for OCS, stayed for 20 years, retired from the Marines, then immediately joined the Army Reserves, got activated for 4 years to Germany where he served as a Provost Marshall, and served in the Gulf War, retired from the Guard after 14 years, then worked for the State during that time as well. His stacked pensions and 401k, when he retired a couple years back under forced retirement, 175,000 combined annual.

That's comfortable, good job to him!

:thumbsup:

We both did that for years. We work with a friend of thirty years who is also our money guy. We talk weekly.
Not bad, I’m down 7.49 currently. I was up Jan 2nd of 21.32 percent. I waited a bit too long to move into the safe fund. But I think a big plunge is coming. There’s no way the general American public can withstand 1.47 percent increases in food and then 200-300 percent or more in gas price increases, not counting all the other goods and service prices increases, in such a short, rapid timeline.
I mean, I’m barely breaking even net wise. I took a job with a 10 percent increase in salary, but only 10 miles round trip a day from home. Previous job was 62 miles one way, I went from filling up three times a week, to twice a month. But with the gas now well over 3.75 a gallon, every penny I would have had extra, is gone. Granted, it’d been way way worse if I’d stayed, but still. I was expecting to have 500-1000 bucks extra to play with a month, nope.

I’m trying to get a certificate for my career. That, combined with my mba, will open me up to jobs making 2-3 times what I’m currently making. Starting.

my plan is to get that job, first two years, the extra money will automatically be spent to be fully debt free. Then, once that occurs, the next ten years, that money is dumped into these investments. With the goal of retiring and living off the dividends by age 46.

Ill post pictures when complete, and how I built it in case some one else wants to duplicate it...

:poke: :poke: :poke:

Who Cares.png

-
Back