Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I already donated mine to medical research.
upload_2022-3-5_20-42-35.jpeg

I remember my 66 had a hitch. There were bolts through the spare tire well and on each side of it. 2 owners before me was a old guy that mowed lawns for some spending money. He bought the car because it had a V8 and was a manual transmission. (273/4 a 4 speed, and a 3.23 Sure Grip) LMAO!
Plenty of power to pull his Snapper and small trailer.

Bottle kill. I have been working on this one for a while. It was a Van's pick and a good one. Had rough week and I need a sip or two. Mom wasn't a drinker but she would understand. Cheers and RIP. I think I will post this on the drink thread as well.

View attachment 1715882728
Just finished the Imp stout I had with dinner. Now i will
0FDB5258-DDAC-400D-952F-DE27D8B10544.jpeg
hit the Angel's Envy in her honor...

My Dart gets 21.8 MPG mostly freeway. And it can run regular unleaded....
well mine at wide open is a little lean but at part throttle and off the get go its really rich. I think it needs less squirter and a little smaller idle restrictors. Also the secondaries don't open at all. but even though there is a lot wrong, it boogies pretty alright. and earlier in the week I took it to my engine performance class at college and my professor set the dwell, set the carb, and I set the timing at 10 initial and 65 all in. that also was the exact moment we found out the advance weights were sticking. So yesterday I tore the distributor apart and cleaned and oiled the advance mechanism the reset the timing at 9.5 inital and 41 all in. much happier. feels good to finally have it reliable. I drove it around 45 miles this week.

Good Evening All! Took a drive to pick up the pork, made wifey happy by taking pugs along and exploring Camano Island a little bit. Back in time to deal with trees down the hill, two went over fence, buzzed one off at root ball, glad it didn't stand up (leave it alone Karl), will have to winch that log out as it's good quality/diameter. Also used grapple up front to clean up branches, a **** ton, made a huge pile I'll have to burn before the ban.

Must be the fuel nowdays. Running lean and hotter? A lot of these old cars haven't had heating issues for half a century. Now in the last few years......
something, but I suspect it is running leaner at fill tilt as a result of my PCV I put in when I took it to college. my professor said "we cannot do any tuning until you put in a pcv, do so or we are not going any further than setting the dwell" so I put that in within ten minutes of him saying that.
I need to get a tach in it so I can see how high I am winding it. now that it is healthy and sounds MEAN I like to be "sporty" with it. I suspect it has seen the high side of 6500 a couple times.

Dang, 6 people died in tornados tonight in Southern Iowa. RIP.

-
Back