Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Now I know why we moved from Indiana all those years ago...
At least I generally know when a storms coming. Unlike fires and earthquakes. Plus, no offense, most people around here are friendlier than the folks were out in CA the times I’ve been out there, present company not included in that of course. But you’re from the Midwest, which is why you’re cool

Man I am old I remember doing this.
brakeshoe.jpg

So my thought on high fuel prices. Our government is under no pressure to lower cost. They want everyone to drive electric vehicles. So high fuel only incentives us to do that. That's all I'm saying...
Yep and then electric bills skyrocket. I have a buddy up in Canada, just got a Tesla. The cost increase month over month he said was about 350 bucks American to his electric bill. He was dumbfounded cause he thought he’d be saving money on gas. Which he spent 120 bucks a month on...

At least I generally know when a storms coming. Unlike fires and earthquakes. Plus, no offense, most people around here are friendlier than the folks were out in CA the times I’ve been out there, present company not included in that of course. But you’re from the Midwest, which is why you’re cool
So he is a Caliposer? Had to add that to the spelcheck!

Yep and then electric bills skyrocket. I have a buddy up in Canada, just got a Tesla. The cost increase month over month he said was about 350 bucks American to his electric bill. He was dumbfounded cause he thought he’d be saving money on gas. Which he spent 120 bucks a month on...
ttfrwu9txnj81.jpg

Any of you guys pump gas in the last gas shortage like I did? That was interesting. See the same people every day with a different plate and the invention of this!

View attachment 1715884281

View attachment 1715884282

View attachment 1715884283
I was pumping gas at the local shell station! I had to wash every window check oil and tire pressure if they asked. And of course get in nightly drag races with the Standard boys across the street. We would line up our split boom Holmes 800s tow trucks and race em. Top speed maybe 35 mph?

Morning, gas and diesel up about .70 cents over the weekend. Diesel was $4.59 yesterday, have plans to go to the Pate swapmeet end of April. May have to rethink this. Gona hurt filling the 40 gallon tank on the truck. Taking the travel trailer to save on lodging.

Morning, gas and diesel up about .70 cents over the weekend. Diesel was $4.59 yesterday, have plans to go to the Pate swapmeet end of April. May have to rethink this. Gona hurt filling the 40 gallon tank on the truck. Taking the travel trailer to save on lodging.
I am NOT going to like the fuel cost to Carlisle this year....

Glad I got outside in the warm weather and got the Duster running yesterday. Not getting out of the 40's today and even less tomorrow with an inch of snow likely. Not finding any ambition to do much... Of course one day soon the weather will flip and I will be busier than a one armed paper hanger... lol

better fill up now. :rolleyes:
Nope, I will fill up out of California. I have enough in the tank already to get out of state. Less out of this area... BUT I just remembered we have a camping trip planned in April. With 5th wheel....:( there goes my fuel...

Nope, I will fill up out of California. I have enough in the tank already to get out of state. Less out of this area... BUT I just remembered we have a camping trip planned in April. With 5th wheel....:( there goes my fuel...
  • Get away from the highway -- Gas is usually more expensive near the interstate because real estate prices are higher than they are a few miles down the road. A station near the highway will probably charge you a pretty penny for gas, while one down the road might be cheaper [source: Smith].

Nope, I will fill up out of California. I have enough in the tank already to get out of state. Less out of this area...
Makes sense. But by then, gas here will likely be more than it is there right now. Of course you need to refill along the way. Will definitely want to do a look ahead for cheaper stations. Could make a huge diff in total.

-
Back