Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Makes sense. But by then, gas here will likely be more than it is there right now. Of course you need to refill along the way. Will definitely want to do a look ahead for cheaper stations. Could make a huge diff in total.
Diesel here now is almost 7.00 a gallon....

Diesel here now is almost 7.00 a gallon....
Glad I have a wood stove. I expect this is going to cause a huge problem for heating oil next winter. That's just my back up when too cold for the heat pump if we don't keep up with the stove.

Glad I have a wood stove. I expect this is going to cause a huge problem for heating oil next winter. That's just my back up when too cold for the heat pump if we don't keep up with the stove.
This is going to really impact our economy....

I bet no one does drum brakes the way we used to do them, true the drums, within limits, arch the brake shoes, lube the slider pads etc. Bunch of deer in the headlight looks now if you even ask that one at a shop.

View attachment 1715884500
I missed out on a shoe grinder. $75. I should have jumped on it. So i use adhesive sandpaper in the drum and lap each shoe. Works slick.

The whole world needs to be metric. It makes more sense.

Na ah!
us gallon=3.78L
Imp gallon =4.54L
OK my bad. I was thinking Imperial vs Metric. Carry on
People on CX-30 forum always tryin to compare milage and putting up numbers in different systems. Confusing enough and then they have different motors in other countries and some people don't say what they have or where they are from. :BangHead:

The whole world needs to be metric. It makes more sense.
As someone who works in design engineering every single day for the last 9 years, I gotta disagree with you. Sure, to someone who doesn’t use it every day, I can see why you say that. But the metric systems calculations for various things within the design realm are much more complex and thus more error prone.

Ted and I will cruise to Dave's Hy Vee store to pick up my package tomorrow. Dave is off to Kentucky today for 3 barrel picks in a couple different distilleries. He does a great job with those.

Yellowstone display at Dave's store..jpg

Let's put that on hold, I really don't want to have to figure it out at my age Mike , but , I have heard what you say is true
When I was in school, they were trying make it happen. Most larger manufacturing has gone metric. Not aware of any auto maker that is not changed over. Especially assembling things with global sourced parts, they don't want to have different systems of measurement. Still, will be a very long time (if ever) for everything to switch.
... And US cows still make milk in quarts and gallons. :rofl:

When I was in school, they were trying make it happen. Most larger manufacturing has gone metric. Not aware of any auto maker that is not changed over. Especially assembling things with global sourced parts, they don't want to have different systems of measurement. Still, will be a very long time (if ever) for everything to switch.
... And US cows still make milk in quarts and gallons. :rofl:
:rofl::rofl:

-
Back