Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Traitor! :mob: LOL
Yep! LOL.
Mike yer gonna get piled on for that one.
:lol:

not aware of any auto maker that is not changed over.
Oh, they lie... or at least they did.
thought I've told this story. For a short time I was assigned Ford Austalia project. One of the things I had to do was make the brackets up to fit their car, based on their drawings. They had a bolt identified in what looked like mm, but wasn't a standard metric bolt. Because of the time difference it took a couple days to get the answer back that it was a Unified thread bolt but they put a close metric dimension on the drawing to disguise the fact. :rolleyes: :BangHead: I think it was after that I was talking with a daftsman from Jaguar who had amusing stories about Witworth still popping up along with Unified and Metric when he had worked for Leyland or Rover, cant recall which now.
... And US cows still make milk in quarts and gallons.
And as far as I know, in Britain beer is still made in pints.

To the mark!
DSneUH0WAAIUQwb?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

As someone who works in design engineering every single day for the last 9 years, I gotta disagree with you. Sure, to someone who doesn’t use it every day, I can see why you say that. But the metric systems calculations for various things within the design realm are much more complex and thus more error prone.
Another field where it causes lots of issues is archaeology.
In this I really find no logical excuse when dealing with English and American sites.
It requires all sorts of multiple conversions for anything to make historical sense. That's true whether measuring a building or a small object.

Yep! LOL.
Mike yer gonna get piled on for that one.
:lol:

Oh, they lie... or at least they did.
thought I've told this story. For a short time I was assigned Ford Austalia project. One of the things I had to do was make the brackets up to fit their car, based on their drawings. They had a bolt identified in what looked like mm, but wasn't a standard metric bolt. Because of the time difference it took a couple days to get the answer back that it was a Unified thread bolt but they put a close metric dimension on the drawing to disguise the fact. :rolleyes: :BangHead: I think it was after that I was talking with a daftsman from Jaguar who had amusing stories about Witworth still popping up along with Unified and Metric when he had worked for Leyland or Rover, cant recall which now.

And as far as I know, in Britain beer is still made in pints.

To the mark!
View attachment 1715884599
Newer presses at work are German, Swiss, and Italian. Almost entirely Metric. BUT, occasionally I find components that are not. Liquid fittings are almost always in inch/pipe thread. Is there Metric pipe sizes?

Is there Metric pipe sizes?
Might be.
Also might be that the international standards are based on the various oddities of pipe sizing in the different trades. In other words too much trouble to change what they're called now.

The whole world needs to be metric. It makes more sense.
Its based on the most common element on the planet. Water. 100 equal divisions between freezing and boiling. 10 cm x 10cm x10 cm is one litre of water.
One litre of water weighs- yup, 1 kilogram….

So, my question of the day. What are people's thoughts on International travel. I am supposed to go to Korea in Sept. I am not liking the state of the world, too much unrest. And costs for flights are $2030 to $6200. What do the masses here think?

Getting floor pan cut out, disecting the sheet metal from all the braces is tedious. Then i have to repair underlying bracing too. Not the worst job to do. Want to pull powertrain,wish snow was gone.
173BC67E-CB5A-4A8A-82B2-8809FBF2595B.jpeg
B71493E6-917E-4018-B091-EAAF4E23A301.jpeg

I agree with Mitch being the one in the know, but he also has people, fiancé, house, car, and has been there many times.. Just another aspect. I would be traveling for a competition with folks from my school

So, my question of the day. What are people's thoughts on International travel. I am supposed to go to Korea in Sept. I am not liking the state of the world, too much unrest. And costs for flights are $2030 to $6200. What do the masses here think?

How long of a trip?

Come on down....
If I can get the time, I will for sure. But I’m gonna be a few hours north of you. Plus, they won’t spring for a rental car so I have to ride the bus everywhere :eek:

Anyone flown since Covid started? I’m curious about how the experience was ? Don’t care about the rules and such, more as to was everything still shoulder to shoulder and security annoying?

Anyone flown since Covid started? I’m curious about how the experience was ? Don’t care about the rules and such, more as to was everything still shoulder to shoulder and security annoying?

Everything seemed the same, just having to wear masks now/still.

Chris, I fly somewhat regular. Masks are mandatory as soon as you set foot on airport and must cover nose and mouth. The seats are now utilizing smaller spacing so be sure and book exit row or business class. And the absolute best advice is throw back three crown doubles just before you board, then you settle in and siesta.

-
Back