Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just enough frozen stuff to stick to the Driveway this am. Should melt fast.
Well from here currently watching it snow, this winter's weather pattern, you have more on the way...should be there by Sunday.

Last edited:
OK I have to ask this with Burbon what is a barrel pick?
Someone or a group of people taste samples from numerous barrels. The barrel they choose get's bottled and sold to the retailer. Depending on the age and how much is left in the barrel the yield ai from 125-150 bottles. Hand picked in simple terms.

Oh yeah HTT!
c24b24dfefead722c9f0f83353c38dcb.jpg
d7316c34c3f8f5552d406683c54d8c6f.jpg

Someone or a group of people taste samples from numerous barrels. The barrel they choose get's bottled and sold to the retailer. Depending on the age and how much is left in the barrel the yield ai from 125-150 bottles. Hand picked in simple terms.
Thanks. Always meant to ask.

Hey Frank are they doing the flood warning for you guys yet? We are starting to build sand bags already due to the excessive snow pack and what looks to be no gradual warming this year. Flooding is imminent and might be bad this year.
They havent started ice breaking on the Red River yet. Flooding will be bad, i’m good here, winnipeg river would have to rise 10 feet before i get wet i think. With the hydro dams,river is regulated very well. Will be some overland flooding and with the municipality’s most experienced foreman gone i guarantee it will be bad. He would have excavators working now, opening major drainage ditches and preparing to thaw culverts.
With the little tyrant lady manager, she will wait until **** hits the fan and will call for emergency assistance.

there are 2 culverts on my road that freeze,and if left too long will wash out the road.

They havent started ice breaking on the Red River yet. Flooding will be bad, i’m good here, winnipeg river would have to rise 10 feet before i get wet i think. With the hydro dams,river is regulated very well. Will be some overland flooding and with the municipality’s most experienced foreman gone i guarantee it will be bad. He would have excavators working now, opening major drainage ditches and preparing to thaw culverts.
With the little tyrant lady manager, she will wait until **** hits the fan and will call for emergency assistance.

there are 2 culverts on my road that freeze,and if left too long will wash out the road.
Our county is starting to bust up drainage ditches now. This is going to be a messy spring thaw.

None of that here. The pond is also Ice free. Might be time to re stock the minnows in a few weeks.

None of that here. The pond is also Ice free. Might be time to re stock the minnows in a few weeks.
I’m thinking about draining my little pond , it’s not much bigger than an average swimming pool, cleaning it out and then letting it refill

Thanks. Always meant to ask.
Speaking of that, Here is Dave Johnson pulling a sample. The sampling tube is called a thief. (like a wine thief)
Dave is in Kentucky picking barrels. He said 3 barrels in 2 distilleries. One of the guys picked out Star Hill Farms on the guys hat. That's Makers Mark.

dave Johnson.jpg

Last edited:
Wedding invitation in july. Should be fun. Going to take the Fargo i think. Kim’s co-worker that moved away, they are good friends. And their old boss too. Her husband will probably take the 62 pontiac convertible. Nice car.

Me personally I have never seen the point of waiting until March to get hammered!
We went to the liquor store to re-stock on wine last night. We usually just get a couple, three bottles.
Cheryl remembered March Madness was beginning so a few more bottles than usual to get her through the playoffs...:lol:

-
Back