Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We went to the liquor store to re-stock on wine last night. We usually just get a couple, three bottles.
Cheryl remembered March Madness was beginning so a few more bottles than usual to get her through the playoffs...:lol:

Yup...local grocery stores stock wine...and you can hit some great 6-bottle discounts if you have a vintage that you particularly like.

Thats because it has the most importantr holiday oif the year!
OK I am lost.
crystal-ball-fortune-teller.jpg

Yup...local grocery stores stock wine...and you can hit some great 6-bottle discounts if you have a vintage that you particularly like.
Yep, she's a wine club member at our local store. Kansas we still can't buy wine or hard liquor at the grocery store.

Our St. Patrick's Day Car Show is on Saturday. Oddly enough in the parking lot of the nearby Catholic parish :rolleyes:. I seem to have developed a drinking problem:(. Can't drink my coffee without spilling it on myself :BangHead: :rolleyes:

Our St. Patrick's Day Car Show is on Saturday. Oddly enough in the parking lot of the nearby Catholic parish :rolleyes:. I seem to have developed a drinking problem:(. Can't drink my coffee without spilling it on myself :BangHead: :rolleyes:
A little Irish Coffee should steady the hand. :rolleyes:

Speaking of that, Here is Dave Johnson pulling a sample. The sampling tube is called a thief. (like a wine thief)
Dave is in Kentucky picking barrels. He said 3 barrels in 2 distilleries. One of the guys picked out Star Hill Farms on the guys hat. That's Makers Mark.

View attachment 1715885606
That's a normal sample size. Couldn't do that too many times in a day. :D

That's a normal sample size. Couldn't do that too many times in a day. :D
A 1/2 oz or less for sampling. You might try a half dozen barrels before finding a exceptional one. (if you go to the distillery) The distilleries can send 3 samples to the sponsor store. That's what we did for the last 3 picks. You only get 3 choices though. If you don't like them the distillery has to send out more. Here's 3 bourbons and 3 ryes from Driftless Glen.
You can taste, spit, rinse, and repeat. That's how the distillery blenders do it.

mbws driftless glen.jpg

-
Back