Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hitch is finished. Now I just need to install...

20220310_073516.jpg

When a task no longer serves it operational purpose its often dropped, like mincemeat.

There it is. Might have to buy a non dropped hitch and ball.

20220310_092041.jpg
in any case I will buy new..

I just had an interesting lunch with the owner of our shipping company that we use to ship our products. Along with about 40 others. Basically they’re gonna just pause and lay off all their drivers for the short term. They pre-contracted out prices based on fuel being under 3.50 a gallon. For diesel. So they’ve been operating a lot a huge loss fulfilling those contracts and now that diesel is 5.75 a gallon, they simply can’t afford to do it. It’s cheaper for them to pay the penalty clauses in the contracts then to buy diesel fuel

I just had an interesting lunch with the owner of our shipping company that we use to ship our products. Along with about 40 others. Basically they’re gonna just pause and lay off all their drivers for the short term. They pre-contracted out prices based on fuel being under 3.50 a gallon. For diesel. So they’ve been operating a lot a huge loss fulfilling those contracts and now that diesel is 5.75 a gallon, they simply can’t afford to do it. It’s cheaper for them to pay the penalty clauses in the contracts then to buy diesel fuel

That just sucks...

Were we REALLY getting that much diesel from "that place".

:mad: carpetbaggers

Last edited:
:wtf: And how are you supposed to move product?

:wtf: And how are you supposed to move product?
We have two others as backups, but they’re in similar situations and have had reliability issues . They’re actually cheaper than this one that dumped us today, but their reliability is such that if they claim they’re gonna pick up something on say a Thursday, it’s usually sometime the following week

We have two others as backups, but they’re in similar situations and have had reliability issues . They’re actually cheaper than this one that dumped us today, but their reliability is such that if they claim they’re gonna pick up something on say a Thursday, it’s usually sometime the following week

The owner operator truckers that work through a broker for an hourly rate are probably getting thumped pretty good also. Concrete suppliers are probably going crazy with the changes in the delivery costs built into the sale price of the concrete. Glad the only time I had to deal with $$$ in the asphalt biz was on the COD sales at the plant, even that is probably changing on a daily basis due to the common heat source for an asphalt plant is diesel.

The owner operator truckers that work through a broker for an hourly rate are probably getting thumped pretty good also. Concrete suppliers are probably going crazy with the changes in the delivery costs built into the sale price of the concrete. Glad the only time I had to deal with $$$ in the asphalt biz was on the COD sales at the plant, even that is probably changing on a daily basis due to the common heat source for an asphalt plant is diesel.
I’d say. Crazy times we live it for sure

Its not going as planned, but its going. Thought i could spot weld pan in, but holes i punched are missing the lip. So, i will stitch the entire panel. End result: it will be solid. Just chillin while i wait,30 minutes after last weld. Then i will hoist it and look at bottom side.
E7170F78-A2B7-431A-9729-F6FE8B2770D6.jpeg

It’s looking good from here Frank. I always hated doing floor pans. Glad I’m retired from trucking so I don’t have to deal with all the crap going on at the moment.

Went out this afternoon for three hours and pushed six inches of slushy mushy snow.
I couldn't use the snow blower just clogged it up.
Probably a waste of time temps in the mid 30's tomorrow.
I hate snow in the driveway and dragged into the garage.
Hope this is the last of it for this season.

Went out this afternoon for three hours and pushed six inches of slushy mushy snow.
I couldn't use the snow blower just clogged it up.
Probably a waste of time temps in the mid 30's tomorrow.
I hate snow in the driveway and dragged into the garage.
Hope this is the last of it for this season.
Keep
It

-
Back