Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got snow melting warm here today, 75° for about 30 minutes and then the 30mph on shore wind gusts began and dropped back to 65 in no time at all :lol:

@toolmanmike That Coke video seems to be doing well :D 300 visits and only one slightly objectionable reply. Your beer wager may be slipping away:rofl:
You're being generous. I was counting two posts but wasn't sure. I vote for you to be the judge! :D
I'm not sure I'll be back until after hour 18. Hope the thread is still in jokes!

First issue. Wheel wells completely different on convertible then hard top. Of course I have for hardtop...

20220315_162426.jpg

Haha yeah, but while it soaks, I’m putting together the engine. Why not let it soak while I’m doing other things? Worst, case it I have to wire wheel it, best case, I rinse it and dry it off. Either way, neat experiment
In my shop, I would simply clean all the grease and dirt off of it in the parts washer, then blast it in my blast cabinet. Maybe 20 minutes, tops....

In my shop, I would simply clean all the grease and dirt off of it in the parts washer, then blast it in my blast cabinet. Maybe 20 minutes, tops....
Yeah I don’t have access to the shared shop right now. Well I have access but everything from all the other buildings is shoved in there right now due to the squatters.

I'm up early outside, dipping the trash out of the swimming pool. Checking the condition of the water. It's amazing what can happen when you use the correct chemicals in a swimming pool. It has been little or no maintenance since I started taking care of it and putting the Japanese chlorine in it and it does have the stabilizer with it in it

Man finding an engine dyno close by is proving to be a pita

I found some zinc plated steel in the firebird too. The box floor on my power wagon is galvanized.

Well boys today was a big day for me, our COO made public my plans to retire this year. He sent out a Company Wide memo hailing my infinite greatness blah blah etc. etc. but more importantly he announced I would step away from day to day leadership of business and all things operations, effective April one I turn the reigns of the business over to a gentleman I have been working with since late last year. In the next few months I will focus on special projects and work on helping the new guy be successful in the transition. They want me to stay on until September and after that operate in a consultant capacity for the following months TBD. I am excited for the next chapter. Who knows I may go knock on DDs door and help him with his start up! Woo Hoo. I can confess tho, reading the e mail it seemed as if I was reading it in third person as I do not feel old enough to retire?
Congrats...very deserving!!

Well boys today was a big day for me, our COO made public my plans to retire this year. He sent out a Company Wide memo hailing my infinite greatness blah blah etc. etc. but more importantly he announced I would step away from day to day leadership of business and all things operations, effective April one I turn the reigns of the business over to a gentleman I have been working with since late last year. In the next few months I will focus on special projects and work on helping the new guy be successful in the transition. They want me to stay on until September and after that operate in a consultant capacity for the following months TBD. I am excited for the next chapter. Who knows I may go knock on DDs door and help him with his start up! Woo Hoo. I can confess tho, reading the e mail it seemed as if I was reading it in third person as I do not feel old enough to retire?
Congrats John! You will slide into retirement and wonder why you didn't start it years ago.

Now at another Cafe, late morning. Cafe Coc Coc.. First one we went to quit serving breakfast at 10am. Most Viet's are up with the sun and get out to eat. Been here a few times to Coc Coc. Pretty good...

-
Back