Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hello. For anyone interested. Started on satellite yesterday. Found the good wheel well sheet metal I have won't work. Totally different on convertible. Who knew. So I am going to try to find correct but I have a feeling it will be futile....
How big of a difference

So dumb question:

the gasket recommended by Edelbrock, the felpro 1009, has a bore size of 4.410.

The Mopar Big Block performance book recommends selecting a head gasket that is no smaller and no larger than .020 either way of your bore size in the block. My bore size is 4.350. So the felpro is .060 larger than my bore size. Is that a cause for concern?
I’m guessing it’s because the chamber size of the Eddy heads that they recommend that size.

So dumb question:

The Mopar Big Block performance book recommends selecting a head gasket that is no smaller and no larger than .020 either way of your bore size in the block. My bore size is 4.350. So the felpro is .060 larger than my bore size. Is that a cause for concern?
I’m guessing it’s because the chamber size of the Eddy heads that they recommend that size.
Sometimes you have no choice. Welcome to the 273 head gasket world.

So I need more dist shaft bushings made up. Called my guy easy peasy. I ask him about oilite shaft bushings to be made up. Holy crap oilight stock is not cheap and a one year wait!

So dumb question:

From a purely performance view they are correct. But in a real life setting. What ever you can get will work..

From a purely performance view they are correct. But in a real life setting. What ever you can get will work..
So now, next stupid question:

the felpro is .039 compressed, with my block and pistons, puts me at 10.08 CR.

Cometic makes a MLS in a 4.410 bore that compressed is .027, which bumps my CR to 10.35. Is there any reason not to go with the cometic? I’ve heard rumors that a cometic requires certain block prep.

I plan to measure valve to piston clearance to be sure, but just wondering is the added .27 CR would be worth it performance wise

I'll be dipped. It just barely made it into the 40s last night for a low tempacher :eek:. Gale Warning, Wind Advisory, High Surf Warning :eek:. Another lovely day at the beach :lol:.

-
Back