Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There is a market for that!View attachment 1715889327

Good possibility why the passenger side headlamps are not functioning on my Express :BangHead: . I thought it was just a bulb the other day and had that replaced. 2 days later it quit again. Yesterday I check and find that the high beam has also ceased to function :BangHead:. Wiring or control module is my guess now.

Took them forever to replace that interchange...lots of people died on 395 in head on collisions with drivers bypassing the damage. That was the detour. 100 miles out of the way..

I was livin' in Barstow at the time, probly 80-90 miles from there. The sound of that quake literally woke me from a sound sleep before school, I could hear it coming our way :eek:. Then it proceeded to shake me right out of my bed. :realcrazy:

Once upon a time.... They did sell 'Sears' tools. Their better stuff got the Craftsman name.
yeah we have an entire set of sears wrenches. the good ol' "drop forged" Old tools are just the best. I try and buy as many as I can. I only have one toolbox of new husky tools and about 3-4 old toolboxes full of 70s and earlier tools.

PXL_20211217_174659837.jpg

Like this is probably the best thing I own. A mostly complete set of proto 1'' drive impact sockets. I'm guessing early 50s.

HF actually has a half decent one from what I have seen.
I bought one, similar to HF. Welded square tube to it to stiffen it,works ok. All i need is some 18 gauge steel and i could actually make stuff.

Good possibility why the passenger side headlamps are not functioning on my Express :BangHead: . I thought it was just a bulb the other day and had that replaced. 2 days later it quit again. Yesterday I check and find that the high beam has also ceased to function :BangHead:. Wiring or control module is my guess now.
The headlamp bulb connectors go bad,the fusebox goes bad too. Left and right fuses as well.

Wait what?

There is a bill out there to make Daylight savings time the permanent time, no more switching back and forth. Senate passed unanimously then has to go to House and then Pres. If it passes all, then it would go into effect Nov 2023. Not sure why not just not change back this Nov, but it is government.

There is a bill out there to make Daylight savings time the permanent time, no more switching back and forth. Senate passed unanimously then has to go to House and then Pres. If it passes all, then it would go into effect Nov 2023. Not sure why not just not change back this Nov, but it is government.

:rofl:

You know how many technology companies are going to have fits about that? Y2K baby.

:rofl:

You know how many technology companies are going to have fits about that? Y2K baby.

Y2K type issues because we don't change the clocks back and forth? I am very out of the tech loop and very happy for it.

I personally don’t care either way. But my question is, did we spring forward when we started dst all them years ago or did we fall back? One way you gained an extra hour in your life, the other they took it away

We went to oncology today and got a different picture than the surgeon the first of the week.. The wife will get a lumpectomy and some radiation. 95+% positive rate the cancer won't come back. Better news.

We went to oncology today and got a different picture than the surgeon the first of the week.. The wife will get a lumpectomy and some radiation. 95+% positive rate the cancer won't come back. Better news.

That's much better news Mike

I personally don’t care either way. But my question is, did we spring forward when we started dst all them years ago or did we fall back? One way you gained an extra hour in your life, the other they took it away

Our CURRENT time (With exception of Arizona) is Daylight Savings Time. The legislation currently in motion would keep us in this state so we would not revert back to Standard Time....

Our CURRENT time (With exception of Arizona) is Daylight Savings Time. The legislation currently in motion would keep us in this state so we would not revert back to Standard Time....
Right I get that.

What I’m asking is:
Back whenever they started years ago, was the first change a spring forward or a spring back?

That is just outstanding Mike. For what it is worth we just went thru this (again) with a close extended family member. She just completed all her chemo and radiation and got a “clean” bill of health. She had enough energy to come out and hang out this month. She is recovering everyday. Cancer just plain sucks and I doubt there is a single member on this FORUM it has not touched. So so very glad you guys got great news.

So they took an hour of our lives then. See if they’d fallen back first, and then left it there, we’d gain an hour of our lives. But springing forward, you lose an hour.

Same number of hours.... just how you parse it. There's no "loss"

Easier solution. Get up when the sun rises, go to bed when it sets. :D

Interstate transportation and the Industrial Revolution are what inspired it.

-
Back