Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Happy St Patty's Day from Vietnam. I'm glad they don't know about that holiday here.:rofl:

In true American Fashion

St Patricks Day Contrast.jpg

Well, I received my NOS fuel sending unit. Of course wrong part. So back it goes......

My wife and family are very Irish. They exchange/send St. Paddy greeting cards and treat it as a holiday.

Indeed...

My father was a member of the "Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick". They had one event each year, a huge dinner. Each place setting had its own bottle of Jameson. The meeting was to elect the following years officers whose sole function was to organize the next dinner :thumbsup:

Nearer my God to thee....

Indeed...

My father was a member of the "Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick". They had one event each year, a huge dinner. Each place setting had its own bottle of Jameson. The meeting was to elect the following years officers whose sole function was to organize the next dinner :thumbsup:

Nearer my God to thee....
We got married under a full moon in a hand binding ceremony complete with broom jump. Reckon that is Celtic enough. Our Family is mostly Scottish, with an OToole thrown in the mix. Our Clan has both ancient and modern tartan. At our family celebrations there is always somebody too drunk, at least one fight, and someone always kisses the wrong girl. It is in our DNA.

Super cool! That reenacting is a black hole for money. We have several National battlefields (Prairie Grove-and Pea Ridge) by our property, and in fact we have the remnants of a skirmish wall and defensive position on our hill.

Working on the car is cheaper....

I used to joke about how the most expensive clothes I owned were those that while wearing, I would lay in the mud...

The Union Soldier (24th Michigan) impression is about $3,000 worth of kit including rifle-musket.

Happy St Patrick's Day
The wife and I's family can be traced back through ole' Ireland.
A very good friend here from FABO has family from the same county in Ireland my kin are from.
His family there have my last name. I'm sure down the line we're all related.
He is still in contact with his cousins who live in Ireland, and they have stayed with his family over the years.
Some in the Ireland family own a large pub. I see a road trip sometime in the near future.

My mom was 2nd gen Irish. Wish there was more info on that side. My dad got heavy on his side traced them back to the 1300's. He would go to Germany every year and dig into the church records. Crazy. It is on ancestry.com site.

Morning Gents

Lynch - Ferrell
Murray - Dollery

Have it traced back to 1820... Lynch side entered U.S. in 1851 through Philadelphia...

Be safe out there.

-
Back