Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Original is long gone. It was rusted away....
:(

Then that A100 may be as close as can buy new.
I have the one Dana bought. I gave him the original from my car as he had a rusted orignal but has the correct resistor board. I lost the resistor board (prob in the tank) and switched to 3/8 pickup. Didn't want to cut up up an orignal 5/16 tubing in an attempt to convert to 3/8.

Its so frustrating. Wish I had some connection to get the correct resistances wound into a replacement fuel sender. Same with oil pressure senders.
Almost as frustrating that no one sees the market for small runs of Anco pushbutton refills. Used on millions of cars - not just Chryslers.

I bought a set that fits the ANCO pushbutton from NAPA. Called classic. Works great...they sell the complete assembly, but they are cheap plastic. Just take out the refills, almost an exact fit... look....
tbn:ANd9GcRJve2Nzmps9XxIf0xBQQRtIMhrOai_Ak_TKvJFPy3r_Z7RwVwy5KPZgQnfLSFd3VNgVI-jlBN9CPE&usqp=CAc.png

Last edited:
Chrysler also used Trico blades. I dont know what those originals look like.

Found what i think is a 10 mm socket in the trunk drop. Way too rusty to tell, it has almost completely returned to the earth it came from.

Must have been loose in there as that car shouldn't have any 10mm fasteners...

Wow was just listening into to NASCAR , something I’d stopped watching years ago as they announced they’re now gonna run Le Mans.

But the kicker is, now, all the Nascar cup cars, the bodies, the chassis, engines, transmissions etc are no longer built by each individual team, rather a single third party contractor builds them all, and each team is then given X number of cars for the season. They are are identical. It’s literally IROC now. How freaking annoying is that crap. I’m glad I stopped watching but just as IROC died I think NASCAR will be too

Must have been loose in there as that car shouldn't have any 10mm fasteners...
I disagree,fuel tank straps had 10 mm head bolts.on one end, other was 9/16 socket to remove. Some 7mm head sheet metal screws too.
(Canadian built)

I disagree,fuel tank straps had 10 mm head bolts.on one end, other was 9/16 socket to remove. Some 7mm head sheet metal screws too.
(Canadian built)

AH ok, I stand corrected. I forget about the Canadian build. Still seems strange to me given the build timeframe. I will catch up someday.

Wow was just listening into to NASCAR , something I’d stopped watching years ago as they announced they’re now gonna run Le Mans.

But the kicker is, now, all the Nascar cup cars, the bodies, the chassis, engines, transmissions etc are no longer built by each individual team, rather a single third party contractor builds them all, and each team is then given X number of cars for the season. They are are identical. It’s literally IROC now. How freaking annoying is that crap. I’m glad I stopped watching but just as IROC died I think NASCAR will be too

Been a few conversations here on where NASCAR has gone in recent history. For younger fans they won't have a point of reference back to "If you aint cheatin' you aint tryin".... I was a huge fan in the late 70's until about 1992...then hit just a couple of races in the early 2000s but it's just too far gone for me.

Good for them if they are making a living out of it and I would hate to see the tracks lose the business as many of the OLD locations I think were pretty dependent on those events coming around twice a year.

Just glad I hit it "back in the day" to see Bobby, Richard, Darrell, Bill, Dale and the other icons of the sport.

Well i’m hurtin. Long day. Think i will spend just a little more time fitting panel though. Its not terrible…
B8EAF0FB-AED4-493D-B1E5-0A1AA534D9BC.jpeg

I cleaned off the undercoating, wire wheeled the inner tub and sprayed it all with rust convertor. So tomorrow i will test fit 1/4 without tub and trunk drop. A few internals to weld on the rocker, better not forget them.

-
Back