Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here's that job site, only left part of dam pictured. They are grouting the dam, it leaks lol! STUPID expensive project, all that dirt work on the left is to support what's coming in. We are providing fiber and a circuit to two work trailers for the project, one located in the pic, the other in a rock quarry 2 miles or so away.

IMG_4336.jpg

If you irrigate it I have used this place. Has a good guide what you would need for what plants. Hops were water hogs about a half gallon a day per pant so I had to do it.

Support : Drip Depot DIY Irrigation Support

That's a good site, looked at timers, they list the warranty etc. Figures Orbit only has 1 year, I've had several fail but that's all I can find in the stores, need to go online once I know of a good/reliable one.

Yes it was. I used to pull it out of the pond before I had water wars. Had all the nutrients I needed, just had to lime in the spring to get the PH right. A cheap soil test kit is your best friend.

That's a good site, looked at timers, they list the warranty etc. Figures Orbit only has 1 year, I've had several fail but that's all I can find in the stores, need to go online once I know of a good/reliable one.
I bought almost everything from them, never had a issue. I used a 12vdc pump to fill two water totes from the pond. Had a level shut off switch when they were full. Stand alone system, battery, small wind generator and a timer for the pump. Think it ran a hour a day. Worked great. Gravity fed the system. tell you what when I had to use the well the dam electric bill doubled.

I actually used straw. Lay it on kind of thick the first year and less the next. Breaks down and adds nutrients so does having clover growing around it adds alot of nitrogen. Not sure what they need. Hops are kind of their own thing, same family as Canabis!

I need topsoil, problem is even the "premium" stuff I can get locally is low in nitrogen and needs to be mended. $41 a yard and needs mending, really?
Can you get the bales of pro mix in your area? God stuff prob the same price.

Wife spotted this, on the list to do today before the wind hits again. It's right above one of my "piles" that I'm throwing branches into until I can burn. Dang alders, the tree is really bad, should probably drop the whole thing.

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg

Looks like all the ash around here they got hit hard last year with a ash borer from asia.

So not to go all big Ag on irrigation but you guys might pursue utilizing a tensiometer for the soil, tied to your irrigation vs a timer. It measures the tension of the soil so as to only water when the soil needs it vs reliance on a timer. Timers invariably over or under water. Just thinking out loud.

So not to go all big Ag on irrigation but you guys might pursue utilizing a tensiometer for the soil, tied to your irrigation vs a timer. It measures the tension of the soil so as to only water when the soil needs it vs reliance on a timer. Timers invariably over or under water. Just thinking out loud.

Never heard of that but sounds like a good idea, I've got to go turn off the front timer before 7 as it's been raining and the azalea and new grass I'm trying to patch will be overwatered.

There are rain sensors also. Not to bad price wise. Really depends what you want to do.

I'm only finding meters, don't see anything yet that will automatically turn on irrigation, do they do that?

-
Back