Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We like the place we went to and of course I enjoy her company. My point is the $20 increase since our last visit two weeks ago.
We got the liquid fertilizer estimate in yes yesterday.... 473% higher than a year ago. And no guarantee of when it will come in, 14-18 weeks is the estimated time. So no corn being planted by us this year. All soybeans.

to put that into perspective... that’s about 60,000 dollars in fertilizer alone per 100 acres.

Corn prices are sitting at record highs, 7 bucks a bushel. But add in 45,000 in seed cost, another 5k in fuel cost and you’re needing, plus 15,000 in round up, you’re looking at needing 200+ bushels an acre to break even. Possible in the right circumstances but it’s a big risk of running red

Last edited:
We can afford it, but it's the principle in my view. We basically worked two jobs each for more than 30 years, and get a nice retirement. For whatever reason (woke go there) prices have increased in the past few months. We've experienced this a few times over the years and it eventually returned to a somewhat previous normal. Yes we will continue to support our local business. Dinner and drinks out will just not be as frequent.
And now you know why I didn't retire. Because of divorce and other things it was going to be tight. So I decided to stay for another year or more and I am glad I did. I would have to take a part time job and be paid far less than I am now

I really have no answer for that, they tell me what root but they tell me in Vietnamese. So I don't really get it
Yes most of you know that I have learned the Vietnamese language. But I do not know everything yet. It is a long slope upwards to learn it all. Everyday I'm here and I'm not speaking English with anybody I'm learning more. In a year or two they won't be able to say anything that I don't understand

Yes most of you know that I have learned the Vietnamese language. But I do not know everything yet. It is a long slope upwards to learn it all. Everyday I'm here and I'm not speaking English with anybody I'm learning more. In a year or two they won't be able to say anything that I don't understand

Survival immersion language training is the best. :thumbsup: Did that in Russia and Germany...

We got the liquid fertilizer estimate in yes yesterday.... 473% higher than a year ago. And no guarantee of when it will come in, 14-18 weeks is the estimated time. So no corn being planted by us this year. All soybeans.

to put that into perspective... that’s about 60,000 dollars in fertilizer alone per 100 acres.

Corn prices are sitting at record highs, 7 bucks a bushel. But add in 45,000 in seed cost, another 5k in fuel cost and you’re needing, plus 15,000 in round up, you’re looking at needing 200+ bushels an acre to break even. Possible in the right circumstances but it’s a big risk of running red
200 per is rolling the dice! That just does not happen very often

Potassium Chloride base price is crowding .30 that is in rock form in a rail car.

Good morning, Craig make sure to pick the agates out
Didn't think about that seen several so far.
The granddaughter enjoys hunting rocks, give her something to do.
A have another 27 ton pile waiting to go on Monday.

Last edited:
Potassium Chloride base price is crowding .30 that is in rock form in a rail car.
Yeah **** is getting out of control fast. I predict a lot of family farms going belly up within 3 years time.

So I’ve been learning more softwares, figure I’ll give this a shot and see what you all think.

097AC5C1-E08D-4928-8759-DA3F0F1C720A.jpeg

Fertilizer....**** out of control

That's funny yes???

(Don't mean to make light of your challenge Chris it just caused a chuckle)
I’m just wondering if my grandfather is going to be proven correct. He said about 3 years ago that the local big boom in prices of farm ground was going to turn inverse at some point when people couldn’t afford to plant it. He gave 10 years

I’m just wondering if my grandfather is going to be proven correct. He said about 3 years ago that the local big boom in prices of farm ground was going to turn inverse at some point when people couldn’t afford to plant it. He gave 10 years

I wouldnt be surprised. Everything is in cycles. The long beards have the privilege of knowing what's been... And the money crop system is not sustainable in my opinion. Only so much chemical you can pump into the diminished topsoil.

-
Back