Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sorry to hear Frank. I know it's not easy.

SORRY to hear this.:(

we have been working towards getting mom into long term care,she has been trying to put it off by refusing home care. So that last fall was the tipping point. During the panelling, mom had a routine for her interviews, so she didnt meet the criteria. I asked they pay attention,and they did. Mom’s smart but memory loss is getting worse.

we have been working towards getting mom into long term care,she has been trying to put it off by refusing home care. So that last fall was the tipping point. During the panelling, mom had a routine for her interviews, so she didnt meet the criteria. I asked they pay attention,and they did. Mom’s smart but memory loss is getting worse.
Sorry to hear this Frank, I hope things all work out for the best for you and your family and your mom

Morning!
No snow yet,was expected to hit at 8:30 last night. I think its pushing east as it comes through Manitoba and moving into Ontario. Weather guessers claim its snowing here,nothing yet other than wind.

Sorry to hear this Frank, I hope things all work out for the best for you and your family and your mom
Doing what we can, all we want is mom to be taken care of. Supportive living is whats on the table.

So, on Friday I am headed to Hanoi for 3 days. Unbelievable. The airfare from here to Hanoi is only $85 per person round trip. It is 1250 miles to Hanoi from here. They keep the price of airfare low here in Vietnam because most of these people can't afford a lot. So it helps to be here and use their opportunities

Morning storm came through didn't hear it with the rain great sleeping weather.
Frank sorry to hear about your mother.
Chris did you get a what to buy answer??
John still snowing?? Snow in mid-April just not right.

Frank I think the heavy snow is going to miss us. Looks to have slid a bit East. Wind fog and rain. Just above freezing here, supposed to be under freezing every night for rest of week. Maybe not? Sorry about your Mom, as you know we are starting down that road with my Dad. He has always considered Jodi as a daughter but is now getting her confused with my sister. And lord have mercy he cannot keep his wife memories straight! Hah! He is on his fourth wife. He is a major reason for the push to get back home to Arkansas.

Morning storm came through didn't hear it with the rain great sleeping weather.
Frank sorry to hear about your mother.
John still snowing?? Snow in mid-April just not right.
Just sleet now so that is progress! I think worst of it is going to miss Frank and I.

Me Chris?

(So many of us. :D )

That Craftsman setup sold already. Not a bad deal even if the welder was junk. Cart and helmet were worth about $90

I now have more information and recommendations to work with thanks to the gang in here. Biggest thing is I'm at best a weekend warrior on any of this stuff so I'm wanting something for very infrequent use... but I don't want to jack around with a junk machine... tough to learn when the tools aren't correct.

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well. Supposed to be 70 with storms today, then back to 40's for the next several days. I hope this settles in to a median temp. We have our first car show/swap meet in a couple of weeks in Jefferson, WI. Typically one of the coldest or wettest or windiest or whatever miserable weekends of the year. Maybe tied for the fall Jefferson.

Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well. Supposed to be 70 with storms today, then back to 40's for the next several days. I hope this settles in to a median temp. We have our first car show/swap meet in a couple of weeks in Jefferson, WI. Typically one of the coldest or wettest or windiest or whatever miserable weekends of the year. Maybe tied for the fall Jefferson.
Eric, keep your eye out for a durable actually functional (not decorative) Katana. Full tang as it will need to survive a zillion strikes to telephone pole. Absolutely don’t care what it looks like or how beat up it is. Just needs to be serviceable. I have been using a “Bastard” European hand and a half for many years but wanting to explore a Katana.

So we went to visit mom tonight at the hospital. In neighbouring town.View attachment 1715906445View attachment 1715906446they run the town. Some kind of gang thing…

Mom is doing ok, but wont be returning home. Health care officials have decided the dimentia will prevent her from living alone. Full time supervision is necessary.

dont think we will be able to visit again until sunday due to this weather bs.
Sorry to hear that. That is one very tough disease to watch someone suffer through

Just started snowing here. So will see what happens through the day.
Firebird didnt see much progress yesterday. Today will be getting lots done.

Eric, keep your eye out for a durable actually functional (not decorative) Katana. Full tang as it will need to survive a zillion strikes to telephone pole. Absolutely don’t care what it looks like or how beat up it is. Just needs to be serviceable. I have been using a “Bastard” European hand and a half for many years but wanting to explore a Katana.

I will keep my eyes open for one

Like this...:lol:

_p526x296&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=C2zOI22T0ZAAX9l61lU&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-4.jpg

If the welder and helmet both work, it is an OK deal. However, for a few hundred more, you can get a Hobart Handler 145 (made by Miller). I had one that lasted about 15 years. I upgraded to a Miller last year and listed the Hobart on Craig's List for $150. It sold almost immediately, for full asking price. Flux core welding is harder to do well on sheet metal, and it can get messy.
Love mine! Good morning all.
hobart-left-jpg.jpg

I have a 130a Miller I have never used. I should probably sell it. My garage doesn't have heavy enough 120v service to it and I probably will never use it.

............................................................... It's .............................................................................
413.jpg

Good morning :D

-
Back