Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My Rebel multi process

F56F240B-2DCC-4A27-9861-4E4654F990E6.jpeg

Bangin my head on my keyboard shopping for a new laptop here.... What's anyones thoughts on Windows 11?. I am still running 10 I guess it is done as far as getting updates? Yet a lot of the new laptops I am looking at still have 10..., but it looks like a free upgrade?

Bangin my head on my keyboard shopping for a new laptop here.... What's anyones thoughts on Windows 11?. I am still running 10 I guess it is done as far as getting updates? Yet a lot of the new laptops I am looking at still have 10..., but it looks like a free upgrade?
I bought a 10 because that's all there was at the time. My youngest switched it to operate like Windows 8.

Excellent machines, built to last, absolute quality Lincoln built in America
Im sure the OP knows this but for others the red Lincoln Dial Arc is a really good stick welder, perfect for small shops, its single phase and I was looking for a used one not long ago.
The SA 200 is a icon and I currently have one im rebuilding
The last one is a motor generator, when they say heavy duty, this is the machine, I've used then in heavy industrial and shipyards, run forever, a true testament to a time when we made the best
My buddy had one, it was very old and he wound up scraping it. They are three phase, weigh a ton
The electric motor turns the generator and I believe like the SA 200 they only generate DC
Ive see them powered by gas engines.
I believe the Dial Arc was the next stick machine Lincoln sold over the legendary buzz box "tombstone" machine they sold. There are a lot of them around for sale at good prices. I never TIG welded with one but id think they would be a good machine to TIG with.....I think they are AC also so maybe if a high frequency box was found, might be good for alum as well

BTW,,,,,I was in a foul mood yesterday, disgusted and pissed off,,,,reasons aren't important
Late last night I saw my blood work results were available on line so with anticipation I looked
PAS and urine was perfect.
Made me stop and think how grateful I should be and puts stuff in perspective.......Going out now to do some flower planting and work on the Jeep........Thank you all

I'm intrigued by Windows 11 because I like the idea of having native Android apps on my laptop. Microsoft kinda catching up the Apple functionalities. I'll need to upgrade what i have at that point.

BTW,,,,,I was in a foul mood yesterday, disgusted and pissed off,,,,reasons aren't important
Late last night I saw my blood work results were available on line so with anticipation I looked
PAS and urine was perfect.
Made me stop and think how grateful I should be and puts stuff in perspective.......Going out now to do some flower planting and work on the Jeep........Thank you all
Good to hear. The wife has a appointment today to find out about her breast cancer. I hope we get a good report like yours.

Im sure the OP knows this but for others the red Lincoln Dial Arc is a really good stick welder, perfect for small shops, its single phase and I was looking for a used one not long ago.
The last one is a motor generator, when they say heavy duty, this is the machine, I've used then in heavy industrial and shipyards, run forever, a true testament to a time when we made the best
My buddy had one, it was very old and he wound up scraping it. They are three phase, weigh a ton
The electric motor turns the generator and I believe like the SA 200 they only generate DC
I believe the Dial Arc was the next stick machine Lincoln sold over the legendary buzz box "tombstone" machine they sold. There are a lot of them around for sale at good prices. I never TIG welded with one but id think they would be a good machine to TIG with.....I think they are AC also so maybe if a high frequency box was found, might be good for alum as well

Looking at an entry level Lincoln wire feed now.

I just never had a whole lotta time on a wire feed welder. One project
th?id=OIP.jpg
th?id=OIP.jpg
putting those lifters in a dryer drum was about the extent of it. The wire feed I was using was like a heavyass suitcase that you clipped your Arc welding stinger to for power. I had the stinger right next to me, I could have just burned up the welding rods :lol:. The dryer I refurbished was not shiny and clean like those :lol:.

I burned up a ton of Lincoln's finest with welders just like those :lol:

I'm intrigued by Windows 11 because I like the idea of having native Android apps on my laptop. Microsoft kinda catching up the Apple functionalities. I'll need to upgrade what i have at that point.
I'd upgrade my current machine, but it has a broken screen hinge, some sticky keys, the charger plug is loose, internal battery doesn't last long... It is 5 years old. Other than not having SSD it is as good or better than many of the ones I am seeing at any price I would be interested in and I'm sure I didn't pay that much for it!

Morning coffee drinkers and welders. More wind today, had the garage door open yesterday to move things around. The tumble weeds filled up my garage.

Well, i must say, its nuckin futz out there today. I feed bad for anyone forced to work outside today.
On a lighter note, the right wheel tub is welded in. Trunk drop next.

Good to hear. The wife has a appointment today to find out about her breast cancer. I hope we get a good report like yours.
Good news. No cancer in the lymph nodes they removed and the margins were clear. (the tissue that was removed in the breast) I know, TMI but important for you guys to know. Hopefully you don't get the bad news one day.

Good news. No cancer in the lymph nodes they removed or the margins were clear. (the tissue that was removed in the breast) I know, TMI but important for you guys to know. Hopefully you'll don't get the bad news one day.
That’s awesome!!

-
Back