Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sad day for us up here, my long time range elf (pictured) Brodie Gilbertson lost his battle with Cancer this morning. He would have been 15 next month. In the picture he is helping me with a youth BB gun class. He was just a great kid.

7D61D75B-EA0D-4DE0-9D85-ABD62505D611.jpeg

34E0EFD7-C238-49AC-AE4D-AFE2A1E94B3C.jpeg

Sad day for us up here, my long time range elf (pictured) Brodie Gilbertson lost his battle with Cancer this morning. He would have been 15 next month. In the picture he is helping me with a youth BB gun class. He was just a great kid.

View attachment 1715908199
Reading things like this always saddens me.
Truth, the good do die young :(

Went to visit mom. Roads are terrible. Wheelwells are plugged with ice,when i turned it sounded like a 747 flying low.

Got the printer today. Fed Ex left it in the garage and it looks like I need help with the box.
Got it unpacked and hooked up. Works damn good, is whisper quiet, and the color is very good for a laser.

20220415_153216.jpg

20220415_153607.jpg

20220415_165943.jpg

View attachment 1715908199

View attachment 1715908200

Sorry to hear that... a sad loss at any age, but 15. Wow.

Glad you were able to bring some joy into his life.

Sorry to hear that... a sad loss at any age, but 15. Wow.

Glad you were able to bring some joy into his life.
He was a great kid, being raised by a single Mom a couple years back he desperately wanted to go Duck hunting. The State was sponsoring a buddy hunt thru Hunters Ed classes for young hunters to tag along with a seasoned Duck hunter in a sponsored hunt. His family did not own or have the means to provide a shotgun. After one of my hunters education course’s I accidentally left a Mossberg pump behind. I told his Mom to give it to him for Xmas in payment for the many hours he had helped me with classes, and tell him it was from her. She did and he beamed with pride over it and has Duck hunted ever since with it. To men like us it was simply a beater pump shotgun, to him it was a chance to hunt Ducks and a prize possession. It’s the little things guys, ya just never know the impact you may have on a young persons life. Follow your hearts. I am sad this evening, but happy he is no longer suffering.

He was a great kid, being raised by a single Mom a couple years back he desperately wanted to go Duck hunting. The State was sponsoring a buddy hunt thru Hunters Ed classes for young hunters to tag along with a seasoned Duck hunter in a sponsored hunt. His family did not own or have the means to provide a shotgun. After one of my hunters education course’s I accidentally left a Mossberg pump behind. I told his Mom to give it to him for Xmas in payment for the many hours he had helped me with classes, and tell him it was from her. She did and he beamed with pride over it and has Duck hunted ever since with it. To men like us it was simply a beater pump shotgun, to him it was a chance to hunt Ducks and a prize possession. It’s the little things guys, ya just never know the impact you may have on a young persons life. Follow your hearts. I am sad this evening, but happy he is no longer suffering.

Amazing story. Funny how simple things that we think are unimportant can be a treasure to someone who has little.

Keep sharing that story Marine :thumbsup:

So, another interesting day here yesterday. Since we hadn't eaten breakfast the boyfriend and his buddy took us in his car to eat at a small restaurant. But when I found out all they serve there was dog I said not me not today not ever. So left there and went and ate some Pho.
IMG_20220416_075653.jpg
IMG_20220416_075648.jpg
PXL_20220415_045546856.jpg
IMG_20220416_075659.jpg
Arrived in Hanoi and went to the daughter's boyfriend's parents house. Where we sat and drank tea and ate fruit. Was a little awkward not knowing what to say besides the fact that I don't really speak every word in Vietnamese yet. Sometimes new friends of mine can't understand what I'm saying. But then it was off to the restaurant for food and drinking. The awkwardness wore off real quick there. These men in the north of Vietnam really don't like to drink much beer. They like to drink the homegrown rice alcohol. So yep they broke that out I think I had about 20 shots and a couple of beers before I left there. Went to a hotel in downtown Hanoi. Been raining everyday here so far yesterday and today that is. Going to go out and do some sightseeing today. Hopefully no drinking today. But that's something I really have control over here. Lol

I’m probably going to get murdered in my sleep.

Our one friend took all three kids tonight to church for an Easter egg hunt. So my wife suggested I go work on my cars. I said no, I’d rather take you on a date night and dinner. Well the brownie points I’d thought I’d earned rapidly when away when she commented about the jeans making her butt look big, I of course said not at all. And a couple minutes later started singing along to the radio which just happened to be... “I like big butts” song

I’m probably going to get murdered in my sleep.

Our one friend took all three kids tonight to church for an Easter egg hunt. So my wife suggested I go work on my cars. I said no, I’d rather take you on a date night and dinner. Well the brownie points I’d thought I’d earned rapidly when away when she commented about the jeans making her butt look big, I of course said not at all. And a couple minutes later started singing along to the radio which just happened to be... “I like big butts” song

At least it wasn't Bicycle Race :lol:

-
Back