Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
At least it wasn't Bicycle Race :lol:
I’m probably going to get murdered in my sleep.

Our one friend took all three kids tonight to church for an Easter egg hunt. So my wife suggested I go work on my cars. I said no, I’d rather take you on a date night and dinner. Well the brownie points I’d thought I’d earned rapidly when away when she commented about the jeans making her butt look big, I of course said not at all. And a couple minutes later started singing along to the radio which just happened to be... “I like big butts” song

On my new laptop :thumbsup:
Used the Onedrive to sync, but got it slightly screwed up. We recently got new bank account #s and I never updated my payment for cloud. It never told me I wasn't getting full backup cause it only gives you 5GB. Anyway, I added 100GB, but it is not redoing the sync and looking on old computer, some files are in PC and not in Onedrive. I'll figure it out eventually....

You can't win. It's easier to win a land war in Asia than to answer that question. Better to have faked a seizure
Ehh with a history of seizures I could have pulled that off but thatd ended up with me in the hospital again on an Easter weekend. Easter weekends have been curses for me since I was 15

We did go three years ago. Great show, well organized, great crowds.
I think you should contact them now and get approved if you're thinking of bringing your Mr. Norm car.
A request to come, some details about the car, and a couple pictures is all it took for an invite.
They are serious about their invites think it's limited to 500 cars.
You have a great story. Might have to go to Fed Ex and have them make you a hood placard like I had.
If you go, we can give you some more details.

Last edited:
I want to say Craig got an invite to that with his car here a few years back? I think he did quite well there.
We did and we did 984 out of 1000. Lost 10 points to dust in various places I didn't know existed...:wtf:
Great show though would do it again.

Last edited:
We did go three years ago. Great show, well organized, great crowds.
I think you should contact them now and get approved if you're thinking of bringing your Mr. Norm car.
A request to come, some details about the car, and a couple pictures is all it took for an invite.
You have a great story. Might have to go to Fed Ex and have them make you a hood placard like I had.
If you go, we can give you some more details.

My buddy Eric Walker also has a GSS Demon, an M Code Dart and Mr Norms van that he used to to the funny car with. He told me about it. I emailed Bob, so we will see. It sounds like there could be several GSS cars wanting to go.. As for the placard, yes we can talk about that.

My buddy Eric Walker also has a GSS Demon, an M Code Dart and Mr Norms van that he used to to the funny car with. He told me about it. I emailed Bob, so we will see. It sounds like there could be several GSS cars wanting to go.. As for the placard, yes we can talk about that.
Bob is the guy. He and his wife run the show. Nice people.

Larry is who I got all the paperwork from for my GSS.

IMG_3603.jpg

Spent all day cleanin the shop up. Why the hell is it so easy to mess it up and it takes so dang long to clean it? We still ain't through.

Took about an hour and a half or two hour drive in the pouring down rain to a resort area called Nhin Binh, south of Hanoi. Checked into the hotel Reed. I guess when you're near Hanoi you drink Hanoi beer
PXL_20220416_061051597.jpg

Morning Hop. And all you lurkers! A mere 17F this morning up here on the Tundra, not much snow melting. I get to grocery shop today,narghh. Can’t even walk thru the door for less than 100. Hemi got a bath and thinks she is all that and chips this morning. Today is a new day.

Morning gang. Yep we went to the store last week cost us $185 and I didn't see a whole lot in the cart.

John @Sublime one what's the progress report at the new place??
Cheryl and I have realized several weeks ago Jodi using the new build to escape her last Fargo winter.
Smart girl, but we knew that.

Last edited:
Morning!
Chilly manitoba morning, but sunny today. Highways should dry up.

So yesterday was the day to walk away. Go to get the lawn for the first time freaking 100 mower belt streched out. also snapped a stud that keeps the drive over belt covers on. Nothing I can do JD has to order it. Ok pull the pop in to check it out some more, figure check the pushrods, fight to get the valve covers off (really tight) go to start it hot and snap goes the starter gain! Freaking mini starter 4th one the nose probably snapped off of. No way can I get a reg starter in there. Way to high compression. Just had to call it a day! Only good news is I am somehow getting money back on taxes!!!!!

John what's the progress report at the new place??
Cheryl and I have realized several weeks ago Jodi using the new build to escape her last Fargo winter.
Smart girl, but we knew that.
So we now have indoor plumbing. She has moved out of the hotel and into the shop mezzanine apartment. We have a fridge and freezer but she is waiting on boy to help her get them up the steps. She raided our camping supplies for bedding and cookware. Looking at a stove today, we have purchased literally all the appliances off FB market place and have right at 1000 dollars in stove freezer and fridge. I have it wired and she is going to get it insulated as she can this next week. Once she gets insulation stuffed in we will bring in Jose the sheet rocker. Dad don’t hang sheet rock no more, it kills my shoulder. I have to finish wire up some box’s as I just got her a few plugs. Likely hire local electrician to give us a few hours. No flooring down yet. HVAC should go in by end of month. All in all great progress. She remarked last call how long this winter has been. In my infinite wisdom I quipped how would you know? I could have phrased that differently, just sayin. Her response was laced with adjectives I cannot print here.

So we now have indoor plumbing. She has moved out of the hotel and into the shop mezzanine apartment. We have a fridge and freezer but she is waiting on boy to help her get them up the steps. She raided our camping supplies for bedding and cookware. Looking at a stove today, we have purchased literally all the appliances off FB market place and have right at 1000 dollars in stove freezer and fridge. I have it wired and she is going to get it insulated as she can this next week. Once she gets insulation stuffed in we will bring in Jose the sheet rocker. Dad don’t hang sheet rock no more, it kills my shoulder. I have to finish wire up some box’s as I just got her a few plugs. Likely hire local electrician to give us a few hours. No flooring down yet. HVAC should go in by end of month. All in all great progress. She remarked last call how long this winter has been. In my infinite wisdom I quipped how would you know? I could have phrased that differently, just sayin. Her response was laced with adjectives I cannot print here.
Sounds like great progress...and a standard Jodi response similar to what I would have gotten from my bride. :D

Will spend a few hours in shop, have to work on 1/4 panel fitting. Front of panel is too tall. When its fit to rocker the body line is 5/8” too high. So cut and reshape panel to fit. Or maybe cut and splice panel. Havent decided yet.

-
Back