Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
71oZBQXyqEL._AC_SS450_.jpg

And fortunately, this time (I remember the 80's) we can do that. I feel for those who will struggle been there done that.
It’s beginning to affect my budget just slightly. I’ve compensated a bit with reducing the “fun” part of the budget about 10 percent. But it’s manageable. There’s a lot of others not so fortunate.

I used to do the car show thing.
Had a judge tell me once. If you had put the stock shifter ball on you would have taken best of show 68 GTO. I said I'll be back for your next show.
I see some guys bring trophys from other events. I never bothered too.
Next time I brought have of them. When I pulled up to check in same guy. So did you change the shifter ball. I said something like that.
Parked and put out about 25 trophys. He came over to judge it. Looked at all the trophys. I didn't even place. Lol
We go to enjoy show and share the car we take. If we win something so be it.
We went to one show and the seven sponsors all picked a winner.
They called our car three times.
On the second trip up I told them one was enough but was told each sponsor had picked their choice.
After the awards were done we picked two cars we liked and gave them the other two trophy's.

Hurts us a bit being on a fixed income. Come on 60! 4800 points in the guard!
Yep. Technically we’re a fixed income too, both of us are salary. My hope is IF the boss man remains as impressed as he has acted, that the next career move will result in being able to give the wife the option she has ling dreamed off, stay at home mommy.

So speaking of, wife is going to Target for “just three things”. Anyone wanna guess the over/under on her actually only buying 3 items?

Yep. Expect that to go up another 7-15 points by summer too
Paid $408.00 last week, to be honest I bought smokeless portable fire pit also
That was $125.00
Not sure how a wood fire is smokeless . Maybe it should say less smoke.
Guess I will find out tomorrow.
Spent $120.00 today. Hardly bought anything. Only went today instead of my usual Sunday. I figured they would be closed tomorrow. Noose open.
Bought a small ham and baby back ribs to smoke tomorrow.

Any one ever go to pebble beach? bet that is interestingly pampered.
Yep sold a Jag. To and 80 plus yearold guy i was around 30ish.
He wanted it for the show. Long story, funny part was when I got to his house he was shocked it was a stick. He could not drive it Lol
I stayed 3 days gave up. Every try to keep up with anyone who can kill a bottle of Scotch for Breakfast.

Nice score. These came yesterday.
I bought a complete dash frame. Radio section was hacked.
I could have bought a repair section.
Since I plan on doing a rewire with Matt's help.
And I want to replace the windshield starting to fog. I actually found the correct Nos Windshield Gasket convertibles are different.
Figure to pull the windshield . Pull column, paint new dash , rewire . I did restore the original steering wheel , to replace the mini wheel that came with car. Then as usual I changed gears. Figured I put a pistol grip in it wood. Added old style door nobs wood barrel top design.
Unable to find a dash bezel for a stick car plenty of automatics. So I'm going to walnut veneer them with modern Guages. Should look good with the pistol grip.
Picks of new dash frame. Just needs clean and repaint and the New wheel.

20220416_094151.jpg

20220416_094132.jpg

20220411_213356.jpg

She picked up fixing for Sunday way over 100!
I got $80 worth of not much yesterday...

95.83 for a belt! Holy crap! But they have one they found.
Something special about it that you cant get it elsewhere?

Ever use these? I forgot I had a box of them. Actually used one yesterday on the tractor.
View attachment 1715908436
What are they?

We go to enjoy show and share the car we take. If we win something so be it.
We went to one show and the seven sponsors all picked a winner.
They called our car three times.
On the second trip up I told them one was enough but was told each sponsor had picked their choice.
After the awards were done we picked two cars we liked and gave them the other two trophy's.
Very cool move. :thumbsup:
There is a show coming up over at Roots market, I think it's next Saturday. It's a fundraiser, which is cool. Entry by donation, spectators get in free. They will likely ask for donations from them to, but you know how that goes... The not cool part is the winning trophies go to the car owners that donate the most. :wtf: So anyone with deep pocket and a POS car can win. What they should have done is let everyone turn in donations along with a ballot and then give awards to highest total. it would at least be a vote and they would get more money total.

Stuff like that and old cars just gravitate to me. Can't explain it.
Did that hood scoop from carlisle end up on a wall?

Good Morning

What does a burnt pizza, a frozen beer and a pregnant woman all have in common?

I got $80 worth of not much yesterday...

Something special about it that you cant get it elsewhere?

What are they?

Very cool move. :thumbsup:
There is a show coming up over at Roots market, I think it's next Saturday. It's a fundraiser, which is cool. Entry by donation, spectators get in free. They will likely ask for donations from them to, but you know how that goes... The not cool part is the winning trophies go to the car owners that donate the most. :wtf: So anyone with deep pocket and a POS car can win. What they should have done is let everyone turn in donations along with a ballot and then give awards to highest total. it would at least be a vote and they would get more money total.

Did that hood scoop from carlisle end up on a wall?

Good Morning
Yep teardrop scoop is on the garage wall at the moment. Still considering putting it on the Escalade . It fits ok.
Hey you know me I'm just wired different.

We drew a burn permit for Fri, Sat, Sun, 10x10x10 max. Have to get out there and till a fire break. Worked 11 hours yesterday so lost one of the days of burning.

-
Back