Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning! Egg laying duties completed, now I wait for everyone to wake up

Morning! Egg laying duties completed, now I wait for everyone to wake up

Like these??

_s720x720&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=BOi4JMpGqmEAX8ZQx-w&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-4.jpg

Morning!
Is cold. But sunny. maybe work on firebird today. Visit mom this afternoon. One more week, then we can start moving moms stuff into the care home.

Good Morning All and Happy Easter! Wife builds me these crazy things with peeps and Easter candy, wondering what the theme will be this year?

Morning!
Is cold. But sunny. maybe work on firebird today. Visit mom this afternoon. One more week, then we can start moving moms stuff into the care home.

Frank where are you at with the metal work? I think we were lucky with my sons, only needed quarters and drops plus a little around the windshield frame oh and a little in the tail panel.

Frank where are you at with the metal work? I think we were lucky with my sons, only needed quarters and drops plus a little around the windshield frame oh and a little in the tail panel.
Trunk is all patched and painted. Right wheel tub and trunk drop welded in. Left side 1/4 doesent fit, so slice and dice today. Once i get 1/4’s done there isnt much rust to fix. Hoping to have them done this week.

Not me. I buy good boots. $250 is about what i budget for boots.

Yup... but I do love these boots

I need a wide toe box and little to no drop so that limits options. There's a nice working man's store in town that carries some higher end but lesser known boot brands. May check them out. Can't buy unknowns online. Have to try them on

Trunk is all patched and painted. Right wheel tub and trunk drop welded in. Left side 1/4 doesent fit, so slice and dice today. Once i get 1/4’s done there isnt much rust to fix. Hoping to have them done this week.

I think that happened with a drop panel, maker was Goodmark I think. Body guy sent it back, next one was a lot closer.

I'm lucky we get some cash back for our work boots, think it's $75 but can only buy one pair every 2 years. I get Redwing (go ahead all) because they make one with a fiber sole which gives support if standing on ladder or climbing a tower (I don't climb anymore) but they are also electrical rated and "steel toe".

Yup... but I do love these boots

I need a wide toe box and little to no drop so that limits options. There's a nice working man's store in town that carries some higher end but lesser known boot brands. May check them out. Can't buy unknowns online. Have to try them on
Ray recommended combat boots last year. First time i bought online. They are pretty good boots. Still not worn out. I have a couple pairs of work boots, in case i soak them. I did yesterday shovelling snow.

I think that happened with a drop panel, maker was Goodmark I think. Body guy sent it back, next one was a lot closer.
No time for that, between rocker and body line is too long. So i will cut lower part off, hang panel and line up cut off piece and tack it back on. Then cut and butt weld piece back on. Less work than reshaping lower part. And it will fit perfect then.

Break them in, and by then they are finished.
Actually have an old school shoe repair guy in the city.
He does good work. new heals and soles. Reasonable also.
My opinion, if they need breaking in, they arent a good fit to start with. $100 dollar boots need breaking in. I wear steel toe boots pretty much 7 days a week. Running shoes last 5 years for me.

Ray recommended combat boots last year. First time i bought online. They are pretty good boots. Still not worn out. I have a couple pairs of work boots, in case i soak them. I did yesterday shovelling snow.

They last forever.... I miss the old full leather ones. Drop them in a pot of boiling water then wear them until they dry. ..

Coon skin and aligator hide
Make a pair of jump boots just the right size
Take ′em on put 'em up lace ′em on my feet
A good pair of jump boots can′t be beat.

:lol:

Still have my original set of Cochrans from 1988

No time for that, between rocker and body line is too long. So i will cut lower part off, hang panel and line up cut off piece and tack it back on. Then cut and butt weld piece back on. Less work than reshaping lower part. And it will fit perfect then.

Those who can, do and I know you can. I think for what the body guy would have charged I'm glad he didn't modify it to fit. I will say when all was said and done those quarters were seamless (at least to me)

Only got 1/3 of the big pile burned yesterday as I didn't start until 2. Invited the guy who I sold some wood to, he's going to get his Duster out of the garage and take it for the first drive of the year, I'll post pics of that if he comes out. Goal is to drink beer, listen to some music, feed the fire.

They last forever.... I miss the old full leather ones. Drop them in a pot of boiling water then wear them until they dry. ..

Coon skin and aligator hide
Make a pair of jump boots just the right size
Take ′em on put 'em up lace ′em on my feet
A good pair of jump boots can′t be beat.

:lol:

Still have my original set of Cochrans from 1988
Look at Swat boots, light and last a long time.

Between the PD and military, I wore boots for 33 years. Now all I wear are tennis shoes 95% of the time. Buy two pair a year.

-
Back