Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Spent the afternoon at a benefit my coworker organized at a nearby chicken farm, large property with big mossy oaks. My double-crabmeat deviled eggs won the people's choice award. A lot of money was raised for two families fighting cancer. Good food, live music, vendors...look what caught my eye...actually I saw it from the back with the sun shining through the canvas but realized, hey, that's a Dart! Had to have it. The photographer was very nice, she is just starting out selling her work.

wow ....that is a very cool pic.

good job on the deviled eggs

Looks like your having fun :glasses7:

Wow Rani. I must be on auto pilot. I didn't notice until just this moment that you are now posting as Rani Day Auto. Congrats are in order I do believe !! How is the start up doing ??

Any idea how old they are? How's it wired? Guessing if they are in boxes, they are the brown bakelite plastic. Havent seen any lately. I thought they were old till i was working in a house in Scranton. Had those and outlets were mounted in floors and baseboards. They were actually an upgrade. We found pipes in the wall from the previous system of GAS lights.

Knob and tube house was built int the early 1900's

Wow Rani. I must be on auto pilot. I didn't notice until just this moment that you are now posting as Rani Day Auto. Congrats are in order I do believe !! How is the start up doing ??

its not that you didn't notice ...the change happened in the last couple hours....and thanks

Nacho night:

Made my parents nachos to be different.....made my own version of nacho bell grande

Attachments

• CIMG4579.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 90
its not that you didn't notice ...the change happened in the last couple hours....and thanks

What did you have to do to change it. When I signed up on FEBO I used the same as I had on FBBO ( 68Chicken ). But now I would like to to change it to MoparMitch. Who do I contact?

What did you have to do to change it. When I signed up on FEBO I used the same as I had on FBBO ( 68Chicken ). But now I would like to to change it to MoparMitch. Who do I contact?

the Jedi from Chi-town who lives in the root halls of the server and goes by the name Joeychgo.

That's cool Dave. Nice score. And your award winning double crab deviled egg recipe is....................................???????????????????????????

This was for 2 doz eggs...makes 4 doz deviled eggs. I made it up as I went, but here it is as best as I can tell you. I go to extremes a little when I want to win something. The ones I made for the competition, I soaked the peeled eggs in beet juice to turn them pinkish-purple.

Boil your eggs as you would, peel, slice in half.

Discard a few of the yolks, mash the remaining ones in a bowl.

Add:
5 T mayo and 5 T Wishbone Thousand Island dressing. You may add a little more to taste,
later..
1 T Dijon mustard
4 t lemon juice
2 t Sriracha hot sauce.
3 pinches Old Bay seasoning
1 pinch Cayenne pepper
2 pinch Sweet Paprika
12 drops Worchestershire
Salt and pepper to taste
Approx 2/3 of a 1 lb tub of fresh crabmeat.
1/2 cup finely chopped fennel bulb

In separate bowl, combine
1 T Sour cream (add a little more if needed)
1 pinch Cayenne pepper
2 pinch Sweet Paprika
2 t grated lemon zest
4 t chopped chives
the rest of the crabmeat

Pickled Rhubarb for garnish: (the night before)
1 or more stalk Rhubarb, peeled, slice lengthwise, then cut in 1/4 in diagonal slices,
Toss in regular sugar (more or less depending on how sour your rhubarb is) and 1 t red pepper flakes.
Heat to boiling 1/2 C apple cider vinegar to 1/2 C water. Pour over rhubarb in glass or glazed bowl, refrigerate overnight. You want them to be sweet & sour.

To finish eggs: Taste your mixtures and adjust.
Put the first mixture in a ziplock bag, cut off the corner, squeeze out the filling into your eggs.
Top each egg with a rounded 1/2 teaspoon on the second crabmeat mixture.
Garnish as desired with chives cut to 3/4", or chopped and with 3 or more pieces of pickled rhubarb. Use fennel fronds around your plate, if desired.

I made the mixtures the night before, so the flavors could meld.
None of this was hard, you just have to be in the mood to play with it.

Thanks for asking! And thanks to Memike's wife Treva for sharing her recipes which pointed me in the right direction.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 107
Wow! Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try them. tmm

Well, if you noticed that I haven't checked in this weekend, you're right. My computer crashed. I am on my son's computer transferring the data that I haven't backed up before the crash.

It doesn't recognize my operating system... Funny, before it started getting slow, I happened to look at Rob's thread (RRR) on installing camshaft bearings that he put the link to in the one thread for his B-boy write up....

It was great, then I started surfing some more, and my computer started getting slow. I was going to reformat some pictures to post, but the computer was sluggish, so I closed all open windows and restarted...

Only to get the "blue screen" with the "dump" message...

I tried the system repair, but it doesn't work. I think my only option is to reformat my hard drive and recover my whole operating system...

That will get me to where it came out of the box brand new. Then I will have to start all of the windows updates, and then reload all of my software, including the AutoCAD downloads that take a few hours.....

I'm starting to think that the thread on viruses on B-bodies only might be true, and I'm going to stay off of that site. Not worth losing my operating system, or hard drive....

WELL, I'LL SEE YOU ALL ON THE OTHER SIDE WHEN I GET BACK UP AND RUNNING AGAIN....

That sucks Karl but it sounds like you have things under control. tmm

Went for a morning coffee before work, found this place down the street from the hotel. In Atyrau, Kazakhstan. staying here untill I get back home next week. From the name of the place sounded like a Hooters type joint but was nothing like Hooters. Just a good French style café.

Attachments

• booblik.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 87
Rise and Shine!

Flipped the deck light on to take the dog out, another fresh coating of snow!

Morning all. I am getting hungry looking at all the food! Deviled eggs and Taco Bell Grand Prix!

Nice going Rani on the change. I once worked at "aching back service center"

well that was a weird feeling today ...first time I log in with the new name.

I typed Ranidart70 and the password as I have for the last 4.5 years and it says "invalid user" I did it 3 times before it hit me why.

I hate that. I am having problems with a site I sell hops on and it seems my keystrokes are lagging really badly. It is a real pain and causes every other word to be a typo. No idea what to do about it. it is only on that site.

-
Back