Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well I'm off to a not so good start. Must be stud day cause I twisted one. I was able to get to the nut with 5 extensions and a 7/16 deep socket, had sprayed the threads with PB blaster but took it off too fast. Had to cut hose off of one of the fittings at the firewall, easy 3/4 hose to replace but the one that goes to the intake I don't want to cut as it goes hardline and to the back of the intake, don't want to go there if I don't have to!

Image (18).jpeg

Why wont my trailer brakes work??
View attachment 1715935170

But they are quiet...

My brother and I worked at a 10 minute oil change back in high school... One time a guy came in and asked my brother to grease his brakes because they were making noise...

My brother refused, and the guy asked why... :realcrazy:

My brother replied, "Because you won't be able to stop if I do"... :rolleyes:

I had to do some work on that area to get booster to fit. I used stock 273 valve covers and they would not clear the valve gear. So I used 3/8 inch spacers. Then no room. Had to raise the entire assembly 1/4 inch. Made a difference...

Yeah, I'm going to have to go to the smaller air cleaner. Just need a different base to accommodate the 4bbl.

The booster came with 3 different connector rods. Should be able to get the proper pedal angle :rolleyes:

20220530_080130.jpg

20220530_080348.jpg

Fixed my valve cover and header leaks. Decreased and washed it...then drove 70 miles round trip to a local show. 322 cars. Not bad. Car is ready for MITP.

image000000(153).jpg

20220530_114426.jpg

My 72 Fury is far from perfect but in unrestored condition, would have been willing to put in the special display but person in charge didn’t return my call promptly and maybe the 72 Fury spot had already been filled, but that’s swell with me either way
Ready for the show. Travis and I were just making plans for Thursday. He get's to park his car in one of the buildings to show it off.

My 72 Fury is far from perfect but in unrestored condition, would have been willing to put in the special display but person in charge didn’t return my call promptly and maybe the 72 Fury spot had already been filled, but that’s swell with me either way
Fun to get to be in the building but kind of a pain working out the logistics. He will probably stay with it most of the weekend I bet. I might come rescue him from time to time. A friend of his and I will give him rides back and forth to the show from the motel. He might be staying where you guys are. I will be there Thursday night and then stay on site with my other buddies at the swap meet.

Fun to get to be in the building but kind of a pain working out the logistics. He will probably stay with it most of the weekend I bet. I might come rescue him from time to time. A friend of his and I will give him rides back and forth to the show from the motel. He might be staying where you guys are. I will be there Thursday night and then stay on site with my other buddies at the swap meet.
We were in the building one year. It was nice had a nice breeze and lots of lookers. You locked up the car at night and they locked the doors when you left. They were there every morning on time to let you in. On the last day I pulled the truck and trailer up out front and loaded up. Staff was great!!

We were in the building on year. It was nice had a nice breeze and lots of lookers. You locked up the car at night and they locked the doors when you left. They were there every morning on time to let you in. On the last day I pulled the truck and trailer up out front and loaded up. Staff was great!!
That's a great show. Trav is driving his car and I will give him rides from the event to the motel as needed Thursday night and Friday until his other friend arrives. We will drive up and home together. We have a couple liquor stores lined up for the trip home. It should be a great weekend. Now, what to bring for Bourbon! LOL

72 Satellite Sebring Plus. Unrestored original his Dad bought. His Mom picked this one out.

1090.jpg

Get this over with so we can have a good MITP show next weekend
That kinda weather sucks normally. For a big car show that would be just butt ugly. If it's like here, won't be a problem. Whatever we get this week aint what we gettin next week,,,

Took the afternoon off from bathroom project. After I got the right side panel up I decided to just get the crapper back in place after I stuck a piece of wallboard up behind the tank. Tomorrow morning I will probably get the tub drain together. Wed I should have the faucet valve set and can start figuring that out.

-
Back