Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think we talked mowers a few weeks ago. I bought a JD 54" Zero turn for this place. My place has a lot of slopes, side slope, trees, etc...
In addition, we bought another three acres I mow every other week or so. The grass gets cut higher its usually wet and becomes a mess to clean up.
The mower is stored in the basement shop so if I don't clean it up it can smell like old wet grass.
Checking with my two neighbor buddies with similar landscape and they all have Grasshopper diesel front load mowers.
I found one for sale a 2017 with 280 hours. I go get it Monday.
Yes, they are pricey but in the long run it sits lower to the ground and with the extended front end is more balanced for the side slopes I have to deal with.
Another great feature for me is the push of a button the front-end folds up for easy deck cleaning.
This will be nice!!

Can you post pics of that, I'm interested in getting something a little more heavy duty than my D170. Last time I mowed the deck was sitting at an angle, had to adjust it level, not sure why that happened, vibration maybe? Anyway, I don't like how hard it is to get to the zerks to grease the spindles, they don't even address that in their next class up of mowers, the X380 it is I believe.

Can you post pics of that, I'm interested in getting something a little more heavy duty than my D170. Last time I mowed the deck was sitting at an angle, had to adjust it level, not sure why that happened, vibration maybe? Anyway, I don't like how hard it is to get to the zerks to grease the spindles, they don't even address that in their next class up of mowers, the X380 it is I believe.
This is the one I'm buying.

_s960x960&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=x-c-EAE3Gu8AX8xNy4Q&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-3.jpg

Looks like a decent deck width, 3 blades?
Yes three blades under the front deck 61" deck.
Hit a button and electric lift folds the front deck straight up for access to the blades really easy cleaning.
The other guys have had theirs for years and never a problem.

Ray @Old man ray got our shirts yesterday THANKS. Cheryl loved hers but sad she was left off the name list.
Haha no not really told her she needed to make it back to Carlisle to get back on the name of fame list. :thumbsup:
Sorry, I thought you ment the sleeve award.
Yes, nothing on there this year.
I thought she was on the back thought. My mistake.

Looks like a decent deck width, 3 blades?
They tell me the diesel engine is water cooled and burns have the gas as a gas powered mower. Also cost a little more right now at the pump.
They burn farm diesel which we can get being out here in the country. I guess it's 30 cents cheaper than regular diesel.
Is it the same stuff I don't know. Maybe Chris can tell us.

Yes three blades under the front deck 61" deck.
Hit a button and electric lift folds the front deck straight up for access to the blades really easy cleaning.
The other guys have had theirs for years and never a problem.

Wow, I like their spindle design, 8 inch, beefy!

They tell me the diesel engine is water cooled and burns have the gas as a gas powered mower. Also cost a little more right now at the pump.
They burn farm diesel which we can get being out here in the country. I guess it's 30 cents cheaper than regular diesel.

I buy the red diesel for my tractor, much cheaper! Same stuff I'm told just has the dye in it.

I use it here they call it off road diesel. Has a dye in it other than that the same. About $1 cheaper here than reg diesel

Shirts are really nice, Woofie. Thank you. Kitty loves hers.

They tell me too this model has a high torque and never ever gets stuck, fast, and easy to maneuver.

I'm sure the cut is better, mine is not so good now even though I've sharpened the blades. Reason for that partially is my mower deck underside is missing some bellows that got ripped out as I was finding rocks as I mowed my property. Yes I've been fairly rough on it but it's a "Home Depot" model even though it has the tougher sleeved 25 hp motor in it.

I think we talked mowers a few weeks ago. I bought a JD 54" Zero turn for this place. My place has a lot of slopes, side slope, trees, etc...
In addition, we bought another three acres I mow every other week or so. The grass gets cut higher its usually wet and becomes a mess to clean up.
The mower is stored in the basement shop so if I don't clean it up it can smell like old wet grass.
Checking with my two neighbor buddies with similar landscape and they all have Grasshopper diesel front load mowers.
I found one for sale a 2017 with 280 hours. I go get it Monday.
Yes, they are pricey but in the long run it sits lower to the ground and with the extended front end is more balanced for the side slopes I have to deal with.
Another great feature for me is the push of a button the front-end folds up for easy deck cleaning.
This will be nice!!
When i worked for parks, there was 3 grasshoppers i maintained. 1 had a 72” deck, that one mowed grass. They are solid machines, i liked working on them. Diesel machines need the rad screens cleaned often, otherwise they overheat. I would love to have a grasshopper here,tough machines. The deck tilt is awesome, but confuses a feller when it comes to replacing blades…

Morning!
Rain. Wind. Cold.
Try to get a a bunch done on Firebird,want shop back this weekend. Booking work next week.

Loading those zero steers on a trailer is sketchy at best, never consider loading one on a wet trailer/ramp.

Morning!
Rain. Wind. Cold.
Try to get a a bunch done on Firebird,want shop back this weekend. Booking work next week.
You are a busy fellow, hope you get some more warmer weather and dry soon, maybe by Friday evening?

I like my compact tractor but sucks sideways on hills. A bit top heavy.
With my rough terrain and a very steep slope I watched a bunch of videos and went with this little tractor style 42 inch cut, I love it, forward and reverse mowing button and wide trak. Can't buy a zero turn, not made to do the kind of mowing we do

20220412_141803.jpg

Same stuff just no road use tax. They dye the ag diesel to prevent misuse in road vehicles.

so cool, when you see Keith (66340Sedan) use a finger and poke him in the belly :lol: he will know who told you to do that, hope he is working on loosing wight. Have a great time my friend :thumbsup:

Morning all you MITP Gypsies. It will be a long weekend of driving for me as well. 11 hours to Zmans after taking a wrong turn in route, then about five or so to finish the next day. Hang sheet rock like a madman for a couple of days, ravish wife, then on to training a church security team in Little Rock. From there depending on schedule I may accidentally take a wrong turn, and end up on the hill with MeMike! My navigational skills are suspect at best, you FABO guys always make me take a wrong turn! Translated, this group will lead you astray! Hah!
Looking forward to a visit bud, and if you like i can meet you at the native built town the government took away from my people the historical giant spring you talk of :steering:.. see you soon:thumbsup:

You are a busy fellow, hope you get some more warmer weather and dry soon, maybe by Friday evening?
Supposed to get nice for friday, 4 or 5 days in a row. 9 acres to mow…plus mom’s lawn too.

-
Back