Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thanks to @Old man ray

It's a 225 slant 6

Dual split Clifford's... 3" at the collector and 2" pipe back.
You don't have to be an exhaust guru to understand the advantage of a performance single exhaust on an inline engine. Look at this picture.
SLANT HEADERS.jpg

The firing order on over 90% of inline sixes is 1-5-3-6-2-4. Now, separate the tubes into two groups of three. It becomes easy to see that with the fire of every cylinder, that it swaps from one group of three, to the second group. With a wye at the collectors going two into one large pipe, you can now understand the effect it would have on scavenging. Each time a cylinder is fired, it causes a low pressure area in the side that has not fired and helps pull more exhaust out. Every bit of that scavenging is lost going to dual exhaust. The slant 6 probably needs that more than any other inline engine, because of the poor cylinder head design in comparison.

Duals can certainly sound good, but I would be willing to bet a good performance single exhaust will make more power and torque, all things equal every time.

Mowed for a couple hours. More trees to cut,drag away. Tomorrow back on Firebird, get it running and out. Owner is cool with me keepin other customers happy..

aparrently we are getting a wabbit tomorrow.inedible wabbit. Daughter asked,and i said im not going to tell you that you cannot have a rabbit…

its not easy being an asshole 24/7. Sometimes i have to take a break. I had a rabbit as a kid, so its only fair…

Mowed for a couple hours. More trees to cut,drag away. Tomorrow back on Firebird, get it running and out. Owner is cool with me keepin other customers happy..

aparrently we are getting a wabbit tomorrow.inedible wabbit. Daughter asked,and i said im not going to tell you that you cannot have a rabbit…

its not easy being an asshole 24/7. Sometimes i have to take a break. I had a rabbit as a kid, so its only fair…

My Brat was given a rabbit by the neighbors one Easter Sunday. What does the Brat name it? Bunny Stew :lol:

You wanna come to Georgia and remove some trees? You can take um with you. lol

Pets are cheap. Stuff to keep them, not so cheep. My daughter had a rabbit. 'Susie'. It only cost a few bucks at the fair from the 4H group. After looking at the cost of rabbit hutches I ended up building one...

Co-workers daughter wanted and got a $10 rabbit, think he's up to around 2k now, not sure how he got there. Thing bites him to add injury to insult lol!

Planting veggies today and putting mulch around trees, need to empty trailer to load gen into it so I can take it to welder for exhaust flange. How about you?

Morning folks

Wow,. GREAT sleeping weather last night. 52° right now.

Parts shipment is supposed to arrive today. Maybe... hopefully.... :rolleyes:

You don't have to be an exhaust guru to understand the advantage of a performance single exhaust on an inline engine. Look at this picture.
View attachment 1715937032
The firing order on over 90% of inline sixes is 1-5-3-6-2-4. Now, separate the tubes into two groups of three. It becomes easy to see that with the fire of every cylinder, that it swaps from one group of three, to the second group. With a wye at the collectors going two into one large pipe, you can now understand the effect it would have on scavenging. Each time a cylinder is fired, it causes a low pressure area in the side that has not fired and helps pull more exhaust out. Every bit of that scavenging is lost going to dual exhaust. The slant 6 probably needs that more than any other inline engine, because of the poor cylinder head design in comparison.

Duals can certainly sound good, but I would be willing to bet a good performance single exhaust will make more power and torque, all things equal every time.

That's very cool... Thanks for explaining...

Is there a way to calculate optimal distance from the collectors to place the "Y"?

59 degrees this morning, wife and I are going to be sporting our new coffee t-shirts today at a friend's house, George Rays drag racing friend is having a family reunion and invited us.
Hope to get pictures of us wearing them and a few pictures of the mustang I will drive Sunday at the track.
Good morning

That's very cool... Thanks for explaining...

Is there a way to calculate optimal distance from the collectors to place the "Y"?
Mine was right under the driver's seat. Don't know if thats the best place, but the exhaust installer seen it was best.

-
Back