Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Frickin Fed X (Ground) I have a package they have been attempting to deliver the last 3 days. Signature required. I saw the truck cruise by today. Numbers are on the house 2 places and anyone with a phone and a brain can find the house. I went out to their depot. It's like Ft. Knox getting into that place! Last attempt today. Next week I can stop back out and pick it up!
They just screwed up big time in Chester Pa.
They might be reviewing their procedures.
Technically news, and regardless I dont want to post it publicly since it only compounds the issue - send me a PM or emal if your curious.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

coolant.jpg

Hey everyone. Got the shopping done, grass mowed, truck loaded with all his stuff, now dropped off some stuff by Marie at work...now a fish fry and a beer. Great day. Demon in parking lot too

My buddy retired on a friday and started driving gravel truck on following monday. He took zero time off. I thought he was nuts. Guess hes racking up a few bucks now..with his pension and a regular paycheque hes doing pretty good.

I seemed like vacation for a couple of weeks before I sunk in for me.
I retired when I was 44 yrs old. 21 years ago. Struggled for a year or so, since I had been running my own business for 20 years. Didn't know what to do with myself. But found my groove. The Year I was selling my business, I built a nice 35X45 detached Garage at my place. I wasn't just going home to sit on the couch. Smartest thing I did ( or one of them ) was to build the shop, where I spend most of my time, when I'm in America.....

Last edited:
I decided to cut back on the aleve and tylenol. Hurting today. But i got Buick done, even dragged out the alignment machine and dialed in the camber and toe. Can only get so close though. Would be closer if i changed every part back there, but have to draw the line somewhere.

I only have to bill 2 hours a day to keep up with financial responsibilities, any thing after that is bonus. Managed 5 today.
I plan to shut down business in 2 years, pick and choose what i do. When i sell off the farmland, mortgage will be covered.

I only have to bill 2 hours a day to keep up with financial responsibilities, any thing after that is bonus. Managed 5 today.
I plan to shut down business in 2 years, pick and choose what i do. When i sell off the farmland, mortgage will be covered.
Tell me your hourly rate...:D

Tore the winch apart after jumping armature and getting no in or out (wonder if Karl will backread that lol). So...figured I had burned up the motor/windings. The planetary gears seem pretty sloppy so maybe it bound up and burned up the motor end. Taking a break.

I retired when I was 44 yrs old. 21 years ago. Struggled for a year or so, since I had been running my own business for 20 years. Didn't know what to do with myself. But found my groove. The Year I was selling my business, I built a nice 35X45 detached Garage at my place. I wasn't just going home to sit on the couch. Smartest thing I did ( or one of them ) was to build the shop, where I spend most of my time, when I'm in America.....
Agreed, this is my second attempt at retirement. The first time we were financially prepared but I was not mentally prepared. I was just figuring on repairing farm equipment, I was staying busy physically but not mentally. This time we have developed the training center and that should keep me out of the bars and not chasing strippers! It all feels a bit surreal at the moment. Maybe that is the wine?

Hey everyone. Got the shopping done, grass mowed, truck loaded with all his stuff, now dropped off some stuff by Marie at work...now a fish fry and a beer. Great day. Demon in parking lot too
Sounds like a plan! Give that Marie a hug for me.

I’m trying to retire by 45. Not gonna happen :(

Sounds like a plan! Give that Marie a hug for me.
Will do Mike. Got a few more things done around the house and then mounted up a vintage set of M&H Racemaster 12x15 on some slots. Bet they look bitchin on the Demon!...

20220826_190701.jpg

Here I am hunting for a hot rod for me and my Brat sends me this.

"I have a task for you. Troop 2567 wants to find a cookie mobile. Like an old U-Haul we can put a window on so the girls can sell out of it. A retired ambulance, ice cream truck kinda thing. We would need it operable by Jan and we would use it every cookie season".

No mention of where the $$$ are supposed to come from. It is a rather creative idea, but funding the project is not on my "to do" list. I'm not all that familiar with the Az registration requirements either.

"I have a task for you. Troop 2567 wants to find a cookie mobile. Like an old U-Haul we can put a window on so the girls can sell out of it. A retired ambulance, ice cream truck kinda thing. We would need it operable by Jan and we would use it every cookie season".

No mention of where the $$$ are supposed to come from. It is a rather creative idea, but funding the project is not on my "to do" list. I'm not all that familiar with the Az registration requirements either.
Okay forget that unless they has the funds… that said, a dodge panel van with a hemi would be cool

Hmm.
. Yeah, then insurance and maintenence costs. Gets 'spensive

-
Back