Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Today I get to add a dishwasher 110 receptacle for the dishwasher Jodi specifically and adamantly said she would not install. There is a perfectly suitable receptacle available but it is to high and will reveal a cord. So I get to cut sheet rock, snake romex down wall and scab into existing receptacle to add one. Arghh!

Thanks.. yeah I can't go 3. I've only got about 3/4" clearance on the OEM radiator now. Aluminum is probably the way to go in order to increase efficiency

Brass is more efficient at transferring heat than aluminum...

Aluminum works, but brass is a little better...

You need to put it where air can go through the fins... Most people put them in front of the radiator or condenser...

Thanks Karl. Yeah I'm thinking of eventuality putting one behind the grill. I did a bunch of reading... the external cooler should be AFTER the fluid leaves the radiator tank (??) and not pre- cool.

Ever heard that?

Yeah.... I had a target completion point yesterday... it happened to take until today to get there. Hadn't planned on the complete rework but it was good to get it done.

How's things in AR?
Got rifle sorted out from yesterday match, OAL issue with ammunition. Had to take lever completely out of the receiver to clear it. Going to try and get windows installed today in big house, and add a 110 receptacle to a finished wall. Plus oversee garage door install by overhead door crew. We are trying to get big house in the dry before Xmas. Other than that should be a easy day.

Actually I hold a

Minor in American History and Geology

My great uncle Don was big in Geology.... He taught me how to play chess when I was 5 years old...

Bloss would graduate from the University of Chicago with bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, respectively, in 1947, 1949, and 1951. He served as a professor of geology at the University of Tennessee from 1951 to 1957 and at Southern Illinois University from 1957 to 1967, before coming to Blacksburg.

His textbooks on optical crystallography, crystallography, and crystal chemistry, the first published in 1961, were used worldwide, and have since been acknowledged by fellow geologists as ‘classics,’ according to his obituary. Among his many awards are honors from the State Microscopical Societies of Illinois, Minnesota, and New York, and an Ernst Abbe Memorial Award from the New York Microscopical Society in 1988. The University of New Mexico selected Bloss as the State of New Mexico’s first endowed visiting chair, the Caswell Silver Distinguished Visiting Professor of Geology from 1981 to 1982. In addition, the mineral blossite was named in his honor.

Bloss also wrote a number of nonscientific books, most notably five books on his lifelong hobby, chess.

In memoriam: Don Bloss, first professor to be honored as Alumni Distinguished Professor at Virginia Tech

image.jpg

Morning!
-3. Not bad at all. Will go above freezing today, for the next few days. Edge is back in shop,ball joint and drive shaft. Nice,center support bearing is not good, failed safety inspection and isnt replaceable.

Morning!
-3. Not bad at all. Will go above freezing today, for the next few days. Edge is back in shop,ball joint and drive shaft. Nice,center support bearing is not good, failed safety inspection and isnt replaceable.
So what do you do then? Not sure what you're talking about (it's me). A bearing in a cross member?

Got rifle sorted out from yesterday match, OAL issue with ammunition. Had to take lever completely out of the receiver to clear it. Going to try and get windows installed today in big house, and add a 110 receptacle to a finished wall. Plus oversee garage door install by overhead door crew. We are trying to get big house in the dry before Xmas. Other than that should be a easy day.

Haha... "Slacker"

Be safe down there...

Thanks Karl. Yeah I'm thinking of eventuality putting one behind the grill. I did a bunch of reading... the external cooler should be AFTER the fluid leaves the radiator tank (??) and not pre- cool.

Ever heard that?

That makes sense as it doesn't get much heat before the trans... It picks up heat from passing through the trans... So it makes sense to put the cooler after it picks up heat from the trans...

If it's 80° out, then there is not much to cool...

But if the trans temp is running around 180°, then there is more heat available to cool...

Last edited:
Well dangit gotta run. Have a Great Day All and Frank good luck with that bearing if you go after it, sure you could do it!

So what do you do then? Not sure what you're talking about (it's me). A bearing in a cross member?
Driveshaft has a u-joint 1/2 way.supported by a hanger and a bearing.welded together in factory. For years they were replaceable. So,$900 later(plus labour) he gets a new driveshaft.

-
Back