Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am going to do torque boxes too ....there again I think I will try to make my own.

US tool has them pre-made for like $250. I bet another 50-60 bucks worth the metal.

I am only going to do torque boxes on big block cars. really seem like a waste for a 340 or anything smaller than a 360. Really an 8 3/4 is a waste on a 340 when you really think about it.

Wedding day today :glasses7: Brother is on the couch sleeping (from Memphis) and we had some family over last night here on the hill, told a few fibs and drank a few brews, a full day today, I have not been to a wedding in a long time :) looks like I will shine my shoes and grab a tie to go with my jeans and button up shirt and shave extra close today around my goatee.

Then back here for some brother and children time and let the married folks head out to there high dollar honey moon, My niece married in to money witch is a good thing becouse she has zero skills and was spoilt rotten and never had to hit a lick in her life :???:

I am going to do torque boxes too ....there again I think I will try to make my own.

US tool has them pre-made for like $250. I bet another 50-60 bucks worth the metal.

I am only going to do torque boxes on big block cars. really seem like a waste for a 340 or anything smaller than a 360. Really an 8 3/4 is a waste on a 340 when you really think about it.

I decided not to do them I don't think I will be getting full on the car to much, Basically a stock 440 with a mild cam.

I decided not to do them I don't think I will be getting full on the car to much, Basically a stock 440 with a mild cam.

Even a stock 440 has a lot of torque.. Even a cast crank low compression 440 has a whole bunch of torque.

I have seen B bodies torque out the rear cross member clean off the car or at least bend it up pretty good.

Sounds like a fun filled day Mike. Don't forget to post some photos of you all trimmed up in a tie. I'll bet you will be lookin' good!

Morning Memi, Your knife is now part of the tractor for easy reach when the hops demons appear.

Rani. Do you really feel the need for it if I am not going to get on it to much?

There. Got the garbage out, some laundry folded and put away, and photos posted to the FBBO thread I started. I hope the rest of my day goes as smooth as the first hour. Lol

Morning Memi, Your knife is now part of the tractor for easy reach when the hops demons appear.

Rani. Do you really feel the need for it if I am not going to get on it to much?

well, if you have the discipline of a monk to not get on it. I have had 440 cars running before and said I wasn't going to get on them and about 5 minutes after saying guess what I was doing LOL.

A 440 can get scary........especially if you play chicken with it and see who hesitates first.

A 440 can get scary........especially if you play chicken with it and see who hesitates first.[/QUOTE]

Point taken.

Point taken.

yea I have yet to win........probably a good thing.

I am not really into street racing....in fact 95% of the time I am going the speed limit. But there are those times on a back highway where there is rarely traffic, its fun to see what it can do.

Morning Hops I' off to a bad start . my spoon stuck in my coffee, and only got one eye open so far. Lol

Sounds like a fun filled day Mike. Don't forget to post some photos of you all trimmed up in a tie. I'll bet you will be lookin' good!

#-o Treva just sat down and told me the wedding is tomorrow :D need more :coffee2:

I seen your tractor and field this morning and looks like a great plot Ray Sr. :cheers:

yea weddings are too fun. a good excuse to dress up.
yea ! :glasses7: I love the youngens but I was happy Treva just told me it is tomorrow not today :D

Morning peoples.seems like a pleasant bunch !!

Welcome to the coffee club George, yea :glasses7: we are a happy bunch here :D

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS. getting the rain down there? It is just starting here.

#-o Treva just sat down and told me the wedding is tomorrow :D need more :coffee2:

I seen your tractor and field this morning and looks like a great plot Ray Sr. :cheers:

yea ! :glasses7: I love the youngens but I was happy Treva just told me it is tomorrow not today :D

Welcome to the coffee club George, yea :glasses7: we are a happy bunch here :D

Almost all dressed up and nowhere to go!

Morning all. A bit grey here in Toronto today but still pleasant with the birds singing outside my car room window. Hopefully I'll get to play with the Duster a bit today. Rain in the forecast this PM.

Cheers all,

Steve

George, Did you get your hood hinges fixed and hood adjusted?

Any one have a clue how to get a website to load faster? It is the one I use for the hops and it is not loading and if it does it takes forever to get to a post and a really long typing delay.

-
Back