Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
friggin' frakkin' dirty SOB! Guess PO didn't do a quality paint job - what you are seeing is the area in front of the cowl/above the firewall - I painted some areas under the hood the other day and decided to pull the tape today - - the black is the paint I just put down, the orange is the color the car is painted -- the yellow/gold is what is under the **** paint job - the orange that WAS over it came off with the tape - F%^KING perfect. :BangHead:
fnpaint.jpg

friggin' frakkin' dirty SOB! Guess PO didn't do a quality paint job - what you are seeing is the area in front of the cowl/above the firewall - I painted some areas under the hood the other day and decided to pull the tape today - - the black is the paint I just put down, the orange is the color the car is painted -- the yellow/gold is what is under the **** paint job - the orange that WAS over it came off with the tape - F%^KING perfect. :BangHead:View attachment 1714929541
Major bummer dude....

Ahhh. A lady of mystery! I must know more...
She loved mysteries so much that she became one ....

I do have a 69 satellite 2 door that was a slant six car but it's way on the back burner.

Slant six parts for b bodies arr getting hard to find because hardly anyone wants that stuff

I don't mess with the 2 door cars right now because I have a major thing for wagons.

Good evening sir Ramie..

Wow, does that put me in the league/Class as Paul McCartney and Elton John?

friggin' frakkin' dirty SOB! Guess PO didn't do a quality paint job - what you are seeing is the area in front of the cowl/above the firewall - I painted some areas under the hood the other day and decided to pull the tape today - - the black is the paint I just put down, the orange is the color the car is painted -- the yellow/gold is what is under the **** paint job - the orange that WAS over it came off with the tape - F%^KING perfect. :BangHead:
Dude, that sucks bad!So sorry about your luck. I know all to well about walking away from the car... I've done it many times...

None of the youtube vids posted on the old site work for me on the new site, anybody else find this too? Really sucks, all the cool music links posted in the music threads, gone now? I posted a video here and it works, so that's not the issue.

None of the youtube vids posted on the old site work for me on the new site, anybody else find this too? Really sucks, all the cool music links posted in the music threads, gone now? I posted a video here and it works, so that's not the issue.

Now that one I have not looked into yet. By the way how the heck have you been Keith?

sucks a F-in hard one for sure... I had to walk away.. I guess the black will have to come up an inch or so higher than I wanted... talk about two steps forward, one step back... sheeesh

How about just using some black-out vinyl tape instead? Quick and easy and no more masking that risks lifting even more paint.

She loved mysteries so much that she became one ....

I do have a 69 satellite 2 door that was a slant six car but it's way on the back burner.

Slant six parts for b bodies arr getting hard to find because hardly anyone wants that stuff

I don't mess with the 2 door cars right now because I have a major thing for wagons.
I'm really gona have to come see your collection of cool, mysterious stuff...

I just ordered new rear tires for the GTS, Now I will be running 185/70/14 front and 225/60/14 rear. The total tire/wheel diameter will be 24.2" front and 24.6" front. I will have about 8" tread width rear and 6" width on the front.

I'm also lifting the rear about an inch and a half with some new spring shackles. Just a bit of a rake.

All very subtle but it should look pretty good I think.

:)

eh - like my wife said... I'll find a way to fix it - I always do...

Ive got two rear wheel wells that I damaged rolling the lips in. I damaged them enough that I need to do body work and repaint both fenders. My engine was the priority this year, as long as nothing else happens over the next year, I'll work on that repair next winter.

I just ordered new rear tires for the GTS, Now I will be running 185/70/14 front and 225/60/14 rear. The total tire/wheel diameter will be 24.2" front and 24.6" front. I will have about 8" tread width rear and 6" width on the front.

I'm also lifting the rear about an inch and a half with some new spring shackles. Just a bit of a rake.

All very subtle but it should look pretty good I think.

:)

Very nice!!!! I have a similar stance except with 15" wheels.

like pinstripe tape?

No, it's a matte black tape about 2" wide sold as "Black Out Tape". I've used it on lots of stuff. I used to buy it at Pep Boys, Auto Zone or Advanced Auto. It comes in a 25' roll.

Lemme do a little searching and see if I can find you some.

-
Back