Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So last fall, I rented a brush cutter and cleared out all the underbrush in my woods. But it would only cut the sapling down to about 4 inches , leaving a mine field of very sharp, essentially pungi sticks.

So it’s been 6 months now, and as I prep for spring, how or rather what can I use to get rid of all them ?
Harley rake or a cutting bar on tractor bucket with the v cutouts. Theres a name for the bar, i cant recall. Another one is soil conditioner or pulverizer.

Ya, so i pretty much did nothing today. Not quite finished yet.

Warmed up just to 10 above today so! dusted off the BBQ grill lit a fire under it and got it all thawed out. Ribeye and Asparagus with baked potato and a biscuit. :thumbsup:

Trim is painted, going to make a run at painting exterior on Monday. Weather dependent.

712D8D6E-FEED-4FA2-AEA0-0F354826C599.jpeg

The siding is that concrete stuff called Hardi plank. It is miserable to work with. I could barely move a sheet around by myself It was so heavy. A Hispanic father and son team sided the whole house. It took them much longer than I would have liked but they did very nice work. I kept them fed!

Here is a rolling island we made out of two extra cabinets. Bolted them together, attached some casters then used some finish plywood to skin them. Then used a drop from butcher block counter tops for the top. It turned out very cool. We are painting all the cabinet doors next. It is like it never ends. I can’t wait to get moved into big house.

1F7BF44A-851D-400D-BB5B-D0B7010B4D21.jpeg

Here is a rolling island we made out of two extra cabinets. Bolted them together, attached some casters then used some finish plywood to skin them. Then used a drop from butcher block counter tops for the top. It turned out very cool. We are painting all the cabinet doors next. It is like it never ends. I can’t wait to get moved into big house.

View attachment 1716056208
Garage door would look good in this.

s-l1600.jpg

So stupid question , can you use TOO much cam lube during assembly? I can’t think of a reason it’s hurt

Here is what test panel turned out like. I like it. But think how much better it would look if the trim was Black? Hah! She said no in the strongest terms possible. Lots of adjectives!

View attachment 1716056191
I like the color, very close to ours. Wife wanted black but they did the shop first and put in all white window/sills, those came out. Then they painted the house which is two tone with colors reversed, wrong do it again!!!

Here's a couple pics from last nights show, pretty bad when I can't hide behind a 2X shirt anymore lol! Again, weird so see a concert when bowling was going on, good thing the music was pretty loud and didn't hear the pins.

Image - 2023-02-26T171208.404.jpeg

Image - 2023-02-26T171241.558.jpeg

Just booked our trip to Alaska by my brother. Taking mom there as her eyesight is failing. Going in August.

-
Back