Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I bought a set of NOS 70's dougs headers for my car... i can't wait to see how they don't fit :) Annoying thing was i couldn't tell from the pic they have a 2.5" collector... which is fine for my 318... meh

I bought a set of NOS 70's dougs headers for my car... i can't wait to see how they don't fit :) Annoying thing was i couldn't tell from the pic they have a 2.5" collector... which is fine for my 318... meh
Might be OK.
Is the multi-piece model for the early A? or a one or two piece for the later generation?

Might be OK.
Is the multi-piece model for the early A? or a one or two piece for the later generation?
Just had to go look.. Passenger side is 2 piece (although the flange is full length) and drivers side one piece.. for B-Body with a SBM... paid $130 shipped so not gonna cry if they don't work well

What about Mopars in the Park? Stillwater, MN
Same deal, The Hemi's are going to be huge for us, we'll keep that on the radar for sure. Our 408's are nice little engines for sure, but taking the gooseneck to a mopar only show when we only have 2 flavor of 408's and a 1 year lead time on the Gen III hemi's, it a little tough for the crew.

Just had to go look.. Passenger side is 2 piece (although the flange is full length) and drivers side one piece.. for B-Body with a SBM... paid $130 shipped so not gonna cry if they don't work well
I don't have a catalog from the 70s.
Dougs had a header for the early A's - its three for four pieces - and won't fit with a 727.
About 10 +years ago they redsigned it to maybe 2 pieces each side? The TTI came out with their version.

Anyway - A long rambling way for saying I don't know if their B-body also fit some 2nd gen A-bodies.

Nothing wrong with 2.5" collector for most engines people are using on the street, or street strip. In fact its probably better than 3" until the engine is up around 6000 rpm.

I don't have a catalog from the 70s.
Dougs had a header for the early A's - its three for four pieces - and won't fit with a 727.
About 10 +years ago they redsigned it to maybe 2 pieces each side? The TTI came out with their version.

Anyway - A long rambling way for saying I don't know if their B-body also fit some 2nd gen A-bodies.

Nothing wrong with 2.5" collector for most engines people are using on the street, or street strip. In fact its probably better than 3" until the engine is up around 6000 rpm.
Well.. i actually have a B-body... so they should work :) I just come to this forum cause it's actually active and i like the peoples :)

What ignition you guys recommending for them John?
the 408's or the hemi's? We honestly offer both a simple billet 2 wire, for use with something like a 6AL box, or we offer a ready to run billet MSD clone. We sourced these direct ourselves, all the parts are MSD compatible, and truthfully have awesome quality compared to the $400 stateside units. no funky plastic base like the red units either...

PRO SERIES 2 WIRE DISTRIBUTOR | MOPAR SB 273-360 | V8 ENGINE | BLACK CAP
PRO SERIES READY TO RUN DISTRIBUTOR | MOPAR SB 273-360 | V8 ENGINE | BLACK CAP

we even have a nice .45ohm resistance coil.
IGNITION COIL | CANISTER ROUND OIL-FILLED | 45K VOLT | FEMALE SOCKET | INCLUDING MOUNTING KIT | BLACK

For the Hemi's, we're using the Terminator X holley, with drive by wire.

Well.. i actually have a B-body... so they should work :) I just come to this forum cause it's actually active and i like the peoples :)
Totally understand, the wealth of active knowledge on this site spans ABC and E. I am here for same reason, as my first love is my Cuda. But the Demon is sure gaining ground!

That will make it a ton easier.
Which is still difficult, but better than one step shy of impossible.

the 408's or the hemi's? We honestly offer both a simple billet 2 wire, for use with something like a 6AL box, or we offer a ready to run billet MSD clone. We sourced these direct ourselves, all the parts are MSD compatible, and truthfully have awesome quality compared to the $400 stateside units. no funky plastic base like the red units either...

IGNITION COIL | CANISTER ROUND OIL-FILLED | 45K VOLT | FEMALE SOCKET | INCLUDING MOUNTING KIT | BLACK

Nice stuff there.

which engine and how much lift and duration?

which engine and how much lift and duration?
For this year i'm just doing a roller 318 with TF heads... with a 222/225 .525ish (can't recall) howards cam.. Next year i plan to either go 390 or find someone to build me a 408 or 426 (really wanna do a 426) if i can find a good 360 block for a good price.. then of course a much bigger cam..

I forgot I saw that post the other day.
Just looking at an old pipemax run I did for Mapes's road race Dart, 3" in theory would be useful if running in the high rpms, as you would in a road race or in low geared 1/4 mile car.

How are they to get replacement parts for?

I like the zetron myself shows codes of what is wrong with the ecu.

s-l1600.jpg

-
Back