Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here is how I found the car and what it looked like last Sunday. Mind you, the rear quarters are just thrown on with a couple screws as I was mocking it up. Frame and suspension is complete. Cage next, then floor can go in.
1680800353879.png

1680800420160.png

Here is how I found the car and what it looked like last Sunday. Mind you, the rear quarters are just thrown on with a couple screws as I was mocking it up. Frame and suspension is complete. Cage next, then floor can go in.
View attachment 1716074105

View attachment 1716074106
Wow that is insane... i can't believe the roof/front half was able to be saved.. how bad were the floors? i assume you had to patch/replace a ton?

Wow that is insane... i can't believe the roof/front half was able to be saved.. how bad were the floors? i assume you had to patch/replace a ton?
There were no floors, just the very top of the trans tunnel. The trunk floors gone, frame rails gone. Front fenders are complete junk but hold a shape right now. I will have some race weight fiberglass fenders in June. Buddy has them for me. Front rails and suspension all junk also. Doors and roof seem ok.

Well, sun’s out and its melting. 15 minutes and we are off to go see mom, get her ready for the handi-van ride. Hope she’s happy about the trip. Then to get her settled in. Im sure it wont go smoothly. Lol. Later!

There were no floors, just the very top of the trans tunnel. The trunk floors gone, frame rails gone. Front fenders are complete junk but hold a shape right now. I will have some race weight fiberglass fenders in June. Buddy has them for me. Front rails and suspension all junk also. Doors and roof seem ok.
That is a hell of a project.... and i whine that i had to patch my quarters :)

Mower deck is cleaned, blades are sharpened. All is painted with slip plate graphite paint. Now on to servicing the tractor itself. But it is inevitable anytime you go with a grease gun to try to grease something the grease tube will run out of grease. Happens every time. Now waiting for grease to arrive from carquest.
PXL_20230406_162508532.jpg

Mower deck is cleaned, blades are sharpened. All is painted with slip plate graphite paint. Now on to servicing the tractor itself. But it is inevitable anytime you go with a grease gun to try to grease something the grease tube will run out of grease. Happens every time. Now waiting for grease to arrive from carquest.
View attachment 1716074109

I need to take my JD's deck off and do that... and check for cracks

Is the deck level?

You gotta big deck Mitch! :rofl: :rofl: (That's what she said)

I have a collecting problem. A friend was cleaning house.

dennis 4-6-23.jpg

That is a hell of a project.... and i whine that i had to patch my quarters :)
So, the biggest decision is do I leave it 68 Charger, or do I change the grill and add the window plug for C500. I have the parts for C500 and that was the intent from day one, but I love the standard back window

So, the biggest decision is do I leave it 68 Charger, or do I change the grill and add the window plug for C500. I have the parts for C500 and that was the intent from day one, but I love the standard back window
Personally i like em both but i think i like the standard more.. plus like 1 in 1000 people will ever notice

BTW.. did that still have a sure-grip in it? I really need to find a pile of rust with a good rear end still :)

BTW.. did that still have a sure-grip in it? I really need to find a pile of rust with a good rear end still :)
it was a 318 AC car with an 8 3/4 and 2.91 gear set but open. This is the one I stole it the 489 center from and threw a spool (no bearing or even pinion seal change!) in for the road trip up to Mopars in the Park the first time. Then last year I used 3.23 SG I bought here. This year, it will be the 3.91SG that is in the car. Taller tire and plans for 2 lane highway this year

it was a 318 AC car with an 8 3/4 and 2.91 gear set but open. This is the one I stole it the 489 center from and threw a spool (no bearing or even pinion seal change!) in for the road trip up to Mopars in the Park the first time. Then last year I used 3.23 SG I bought here. This year, it will be the 3.91SG that is in the car. Taller tire and plans for 2 lane highway this year
Lucky bastage... i am looking for a 3.91 or 3.55 SG.. just can't bring myself to spend $900-1k for one... **** is insane now

plus axles... i believe you need to change axle length when going from open to SG?

Your best bet is just get an open center chunk and put a spool or aftermarket SG/Tracloc/Posi unit in. The current one is from Dr Diff

plus axles... i believe you need to change axle length when going from open to SG?
No need to change axles. Just when going to a spool, then just need to swap to Green bearings vs the standard tapered cone/cup

No need to change axles. Just when going to a spool, then just need to swap to Green bearings vs the standard tapered cone/cup

Mine has Tapered axles (old B-body) i thought i was told the length would be different.. and yeah i looked at the sure-trac2 unit or something like that.. the one with no clutches..

Go the 500 rout and drive the purists nuts.

Mine has Tapered axles (old B-body) i thought i was told the length would be different.. and yeah i looked at the sure-trac2 unit or something like that.. the one with no clutches..
Maybe the old taper ones would need changed, I am not sure. Just pretty sure for the newer ones, as I only changed when I went to big pattern.

Actually.. getting a normal sure-grip from him and richmond 3.55's isn't that bad now that i looked

-
Back